Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi there to Mimi and Niki - how are you both doing? I am 1 week out from my Breast Reduction surgery. I am wondering about lifting constraints you had for your surgery -- I have a laptop and carrying case, power cord, etc. that probably weighs close to 10-15 lbs and I have to haul it back and forth to work for my job. I have two sets of steps to get up with that case, about 6-8 steps each so using my roller suitcase for the laptop will help but not sure how to get that thing up steps.

I hired someone to do my riding mower and push lawn mower for the month of May and then also hired them to keep doing the ditch hand mowing for June. I hated to spend the money for help but couldn't see my jerking around on a riding mower for 2 hours or more in May and definitely couldn't see me pulling a mower up and down a steep ditch that runs about 300 feet across the front of my yard.

Well I am getting a little nervous at the idea of having things cut down to smaller size when all you ladies had increases but each of us has to get to what is best for us.

SpecialK what size are you going down to?

My doctor said a C or D would be ok for me but I am so sick of having big boobs I was wondering if a B would be better...

And i am feeling a bit nervous now as it will all happen on 22nd April - eeps!

Special, I downsized, too, and didn't get implants. I am a 34C (barely!!) and love being small. They used to get in the way and laid on my belly when I sat down....not a pretty sight. I didn't really have much limits specified, just to take it easy for a few weeks. My stronger limits were because I had my arms trimmed down and they took a while to heal to the point of not worrying that the incision would separate.

Mimi

How long did you hafta be careful with the arms Mimi... I will be careful as am having arms and boobs done at same time - But it would be nice to know how long to be extra careful for.

Thanks

My Surgeon said I hafta wear the compression bra -sleeve garment for 6 weeks...... So hopefully after that - All will be ok again......?

SpecialK what size are you going down to?

My doctor said a C or D would be ok for me but I am so sick of having big boobs I was wondering if a B would be better...

And i am feeling a bit nervous now as it will all happen on 22nd April - eeps!

Hi there. If you're talking about breast reduction, take a good look at the work your doctor has done. I did NOT look closely enough, and realized too late that all of his work looks the same, sloppy W 's ! And a big roll left under each arm!

Afterwards I complained, and my sugeon would only do a tiny by of liposuction under one armpit because it was quite a bit bigger than the roll under the other arm!

Sue - I'm going from a G down to a small C or B - she said she'd see what size I ended up once she removes 1000 grams total that the insurance requires in my situation.

My best friend is an RN and saw many of this surgeon's patients post op and really felt highly of her work compared to other surgeons work. I really liked her professional and friendly approach.

In my case she is going to have to do side liposuction under my arms or the side of my breast so that I don't end up with a bump there when the breasts are done.

I definitely don't wanna be a D so might just ask for a small C

CCBCindy - I have seen photos of his work and my only words were ''I'll have a pair of them!'' lol My surgeon is very highly accredited and is one of the top bods in our NHS plastics hospital. (And i'll get it fixed if it's not as good as I wish - Cos it's all paid for and I can't even think about it coming out badly at this millisecond - Too busy worrying about other things LOL)

I saw a couple of Doctors and I really felt like I culd talk to this one and that he heard me - so - Time will tell............

I was left with those mud flaps under my arms at the sdes of my breasts and I hate them, they really upset me. 58 year old skin does not have the elasticity of younger skin and if he cut off the flaps I wouldn't be able to raise my arms!!!! They bulge over my bra and get in the way of my arms moving!!!!

Mimi

Ooh I hope I dont have mud flaps

Mimi - Were you able to put a top on putting your arms above your head after the arm/boob surgery - Or how long did you hafta wear clothes that did not go on over your head (Ie button up stuff)

It was at least 2 weeks that I used a button up flannel shirt. 6 wks for arm compression garment is a long time. By then I had almost forgotten I had surgery!!!

My mud flaps weren't because of surgery...if you don't have them now there is no reason to have them post op.

Mimi

Can you explain to an english person what and where a mud flap is and what it looks like lol