Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

post-208985-13813133988516_thumb.jpg post-208985-13813133988891_thumb.jpg post-205997-13813133989606_thumb.gif

I forgot to add that I cut my hair off and dyed it red.

post-281008-1381313974586_thumb.jpg

post-281008-13813139747223_thumb.jpg

post-281008-13813139748631_thumb.jpg

post-281008-1381313974586_thumb.jpg post-281008-13813139747223_thumb.jpg post-281008-13813139748631_thumb.jpg

I LOVE IT! I just (personally) think that red is the best color...for women that is. A guy with red hair...ehhh...no!

Leigha, I love the new hair! It makes you look "spunky". I liked the old hair too :)

Laura, welcome!!

Leigha, love it!! Great cut and color.

MIL is still in the hospital. Doing better, but she now has c. diff. that great intestinal infection I had back in April. It doesn't seem to be hitting her as hard as it hit me. Or maybe they found it earlier, or she has hidden it well around the family. We don't know when she'll be discharged yet. Should prove interesting.

I seem to be down a couple of pounds. If I think of it, I'll weigh in on Saturday morning, and see if I can update the ticker!!

post-281008-1381313974586_thumb.jpg post-281008-13813139747223_thumb.jpg post-281008-13813139748631_thumb.jpg

I see I was not only the other one making come changes--I like it:lol: . Cut my hair short today too. Color is next

post-205997-13813133989958_thumb.jpg

post-279859-13813139751379_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the warm welcome. Leigh...you are just beautiful! You could have purple hair and be a stunner.

QUESTION...I'm one week out of surgery...(hooray) and my port is to the right of my bellybutton (I thought it would be closer to my ribcage) and IT FEELS HUGE!!! I'm gonna be honest here, I did this thing to get over my eating issues, for health (mental and physical) and finally...yes, I'll say it...to wear a bikini!

I'm not wearing one if I have a golfball in my belly hanging out like "dogs balls" as my Aussie Friend lellow described hers! So...my questions are...

1. Will it go down, is this still swelling?

2. where are other peoples ports?

3. Please reassure me that even if I have a "port lump" it will be tiny and I can still wear my dreamed of bikini.

Thanks!

Laura

Thank you for the warm welcome. Leigh...you are just beautiful! You could have purple hair and be a stunner.

QUESTION...I'm one week out of surgery...(hooray) and my port is to the right of my bellybutton (I thought it would be closer to my ribcage) and IT FEELS HUGE!!! I'm gonna be honest here, I did this thing to get over my eating issues, for health (mental and physical) and finally...yes, I'll say it...to wear a bikini!

I'm not wearing one if I have a golfball in my belly hanging out like "dogs balls" as my Aussie Friend lellow described hers! So...my questions are...

1. Will it go down, is this still swelling?

2. where are other peoples ports?

3. Please reassure me that even if I have a "port lump" it will be tiny and I can still wear my dreamed of bikini.

Thanks!

Laura

I can honestly say that for the first hmmmm........well seemed like forever, it looked like I had a small kitten stuffed under my stomach. It was really gross looking lol. That has since gone away, however I am feeling a little saggy now. Plus the fact that the last place I am losing is my stomach, I don't think you will see me in a bikini anytime soon!

Leigha and Shad both...love your haircuts and you both look gorgeous! Red is definitely sexy...(says the redhead :D).

Melody

WOW! Shads! Your face is looking thin in that pic!

Laura, My port is up high just about 1 1/2 - 2 inches below my sternum. After a loss of 107 (almost at goal) pounds it is still hidden. I think you will just have to wait it out and see. If it is a problem in the future you could have a port revision, but I would wait and see what it is like at goal.

Good morning!

Well, despite trying to cut my thumb off while slicing the fruitcake I'm sending to my son, I finally finished packing up everything to go to the post office today so I made the deadline for getting his stuff to Afghanistan on time for Christmas! My mother-in-law was sweet enough to help my husband make his camo stocking, thank God, because my expertise at sewing stops at quilt making.

I think today we may rearrange the living room to make room for the Christmas tree, although I'm still not sure I'm setting it up this year. Nobody here (except me) cares if we have a tree and no family coming home this Christmas and I have a major worry that our Beelz, the demon kitty, will pull it over in his kitty exhuberance.

So off to Breakfast, then the Wii Fit for an hour and then 'dusting' (aka rearranging furniture as it's known in our house).

Have a good one y'all!

Melody

Welcome Laura! Don't worry, your port will not be as intrusive later on, although I am with Stacie--I would have to have six figure-worth plastic surgery to wear a bikini:(

Thanks Melody--I have had my hair short and down my back--I think I definitely just look better short--more manageable too.

Crystl--thanks--My face does look a little skeletal. Makes me mad--can my hips look thin? Why does face fat go first?:angry:

Shammah-- Your face looks thin, in a good way! I love your hair, it really compliments your face.

Melody-- I hope the thumb is better!

Laura-- My port is about 2" below my ribs, it sticks out and if you know that its there you can see it, but I really don't care. I will trade a lump for a 65 pound fat loss any day. I will see if my camera can get a decent pic and post it. My skin is too messed up for a bikini, I could have a Tummy Tuck but then I would have the scar so wrinkley skin or scar? I guess we will see later. Plus they can move your port when your at goal or replace it with a low profile one.

Denise-- I hope you MIL is better soon.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Shad, love the new do! I cut my own bangs this morning, does that count? My last cut was in January, I think I am waaay overdue!

Laura, my port is left of my belly button and an inch or two below my waist. It does not stick out. But when you get closer to goal, if you don't like it, you can have a low profile port put in. Right now, you probably have some swelling from the surgery. Give it time.

Elfie, well done on the care package. We got our lights up this past weekend, not sure when we'll put up our tree. It's a 3' fake, so it doesn't take much time. The MIL will need to decide what she is going to do. She normally goes all out for Christmas, gifts up the yang. At least 5 for each person of the extended family. She's already agreed that she won't cook this year, thank goodness. After trying to kill everyone with the underdone turkey, we are all relieved. Of course, she needs to get out of the hospital first. Still waiting to hear from DH how she is doing today.

So, Denise, your early Christmas present is that your mil will not cook? I'm sorry but your post made me laugh. I'm sure dealing with the reality of it isn't quite as funny but if you could see it from 'this' side. :D

Melody

Melody, you have to laugh! It's quite alright! DH and I both had intestinal turkey trouble! I was first and he "poo poo-ed" me, sorry for the pun. Then it was his turn! We figure she just wants to take us all with her. blink.gif

Doctor said MIL's labs look good, but wants to speak to the whole family. If the whole family shows up, he'll be very sorry, that is about 20 people!

DH and I suspect he'll want to talk about nursing home for rehab as she is still weak as a kitten. That won't go over well with the two SILs, but for the life of me, I don't know how we will care for her if she won't go. She's a little thing, but we aren't equipped with the skills to care for an elderly person needing that level of help. She has the two daughters and me. DH is not capable of that kind of intimate care of his parent. He'd do whatever else he could around her home. But I work, one SIL works part-time and helps care for her grand-children. The other SIL cannot be expected to do everything, even though she does live in a separate home on the same lot as MIL and is retired. She and MIL don't get along grandly and SIL smokes like a chimney.

Her grandchildren should not take part in that type of care, aside from which the local ones all have small children. They have their own issues to deal with. It is a very sad time for the family.

It is going to be a strange December!