Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

The memory of that headache is way too recent. And to think...I could've paid a shrink thousands of dollars for aversion therapy but I did it for free. :blink:

Love it!

I am still here - I have had an extremely busy 10 days or so but I am still reading everyones news.

The part about feet and toilets made me giggle. I think that walls that go all the way down would have been a good idea in my youth when I had possibly imbibed too much and got too friendly with the floor as well!

Bob hope the recovery is still going well. Leigha congrats on everything and enjoy the new puppy.

Everyone else keep up the good work.

Today is my last day of work for this year so I may have time to post properley at some stage.

Hi All!

Elfie, send the Cookies my way! Yummy! I haven't felt like baking.

So, I've been stuck twice more this week. I guess my stomach is a bit swollen from the Changs shrimp incident. Today it was a banana. I urped more banana than I ate, how that is possible, I am uncertain, but I won't be eating them for a while now. Much tastier going down than up!

Anyone seen Karen lately?

Denise,

When I was dealing with morning sickness during my pregnancy (way too many years ago), my mother-in-law used to tell me, "Watch what you eat. You want to make sure it will taste just as good coming up as it did going down." :blink:

It was good advice.

And, by the way, what moron named it 'morning sickness' when it happens throughout the day?!

Hi all,

I've been very busy and going to holiday dinners with my jobs. I'm still working the 3 part-time jobs, but may be down to 2 very soon. Monday night we had our Christmas dinner with my Monday job and I had some very yummy Soup, but my problem was the 2 glasses of wine. .....lesson learned. Last night my husband and I went to the holiday dinner for another office. I had some sort of lobster soup and it was very good. I had one glass of wine. Everyone I work with knows I'm banded, so there was no explaining about the small amount of food I eat. I fear the scale with all this holiday party stuff going on, but was very happy this morning when it showed I've stayed at the same weight. I play around with one pound up and down, so can't complain. I almost have the quilt done! I hope my son likes it because that is what he is getting for Christmas.

Today it has been 1 year. I went for my UGI and was told my pouch maybe a little bigger than normal, but it may be from my slip/dilation episode and they weren't worried about it and it may just always be that way....but just to be safe, they want ANOTHER UGI when I go back in 2 months (Valentines Day). I was given a small fill though so I am back up to about 5.5. I really need to control myself when it comes to portions. I was just always a "well I am not stuck and it doesn't hurt so I can eat more". That attitude will just lead me to a stretched or more stretched pouch. I am going to really really try. I have been given a 2nd chance and really need to be more greatful and use it! If I eat a little portion & am hungry in an hour or 2...well then I just eat again. I am going to do this! They are very happy with my weightloss in a year. 78lbs, but I am not happy because I know I could've done better. Oh well that is the past and I am going to focus on the future. I know I will falter during the next couple weeks, but I am going to give it my all. I am not getting a raise this year, but instead a "bonus check" based on what I worked this year. I have decided that I am going to treat myself to a good pair of running shoes from one of those stores that helps you pick what kind is best for you and with the rest I am going to pay for my husbands camera that I bought him for Christmas. (Oh, back to that...I did cancel my order through Ritz and ordered it from Adorama for $10 cheaper AND with a free SD card AND it shipped that day!) I have some candy to make this weekend (oreo truffles, cookie dough truffles, and mocha truffles), so I know I will indulge a little there. Hope everyone is doing great!

Hey Everybody, I wanted to pop in and say HI!, I would like to say that I hate the new forum and I rarely even sign on now, I have been trying to not complain but it sucks. I don't understand why but it doesn't seem the same. Today when I signed on I scanned the names of the people who have posted and I didn't even recognize anyone on the first 2 pages, its like everyone deserted the site when it changed. :angry:

Stacie-- Congrats on the 1 year! I like your new plan to eat a certain amount and re-eat in an hour or two if you need to, you probably wont need to.

HB-- Don't forget to post a pic of the quilt when your done.

Denise-- Bananas and pecans are the only things that I cant eat now. I guess I could eat a banana if I ate it slow enough because the first bite is fine but it bunches up and gets stuck so I just avoid them. BTW, I see Karen on Facebook, she is super busy with her little kids, full time job and her wedding singing business, I seriously don't know how she does it all.

Elcee-- Yeah on Christmas break! I wish I had one but my busy time is coming up in January so I got to get ready.

Melody-- Thanks for the recipe on facebook I am dying to try it this weekend.

I found a puppy and put a deposit on her but it will be the week after Christmas or the first week in January before she is ready to come home. :( Patience is not my virtue, OK I'm not sure I have a virtue, but I know for a fact that if I do, its not patience.

for all the ipad lovers ...... check out the iband

Crystl, that is soooo cool! I must admit when I saw iBand, i thought it was lap band related! blink.gif

Leigha, I am still not crazy about it, but I've been using Google Chrome browser with an Ad Blocker add on. It works much better than through Internet Explorer. I miss some of the search features, like unanswered posts. I liked that one. There might still be a way to do it, but not as easily as it was before.

It is supposed to rain here all weekend and through next Thursday, so I have no excuse to not finish the baby afghan I am working on for DH's niece's baby who was born a couple of weeks ago. Yes, I am a bit behind!

Hey everyone. I am just checking in. Finally mom has gotten to the place Monday she can be left alone. I am so glad so I can get back to focusing on me.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am with you Leigha. The new forum is hard to get used to, but I know have to just adjust to the change.

We're all so busy! I wanted to just wish everyone good luck with prepping and getting through the holidays! Hope everyone finds time for a restful break!

Stacie happy anniversary!!! You and I are WAY too similar. Banded the same day but hit a rut. I got 1.3 put in yesterday so I"m at a grand total of 5 cc even...can't really tell a thing but still on liquids and mushies so I"m HOPING when I hit solids I start to notice something again because OMG this is not going well!!!!

My brother is back in Afghanistan :( it was nice seeing him but oh so hard sending him back. Other than that, we are good. I rarely come here any more...I don't have much issue with change but just really don't care for the format so, yeah, don't often come out to play.

Have a very Merry Christmas, or happy holidays, or enjoy your day off, or whatever it is you're celebrating!

Christie

Good Morning!

I finished the quilt 2 days ago and am so happy with how it turned out. I will post pics if I can figure out how to do that.

I'm down another pound and now just 6 lbs away from my original goal. I can't believe it. Weightloss around the holidays? I'll take it! I have been on a couple shopping sprees while the Christmas sales are going on. One was my "Happy Birthday to Me Spree" and the other was my "Merry Christmas to Me" spree. Yesterday I was very shocked to fit in many size 10 jeans! Now I just need to find a style that fits well.

I have no idea how to put a pic in a post. The old way doesn't work anymore because I don't see a paperclip. I have the pics in a file on my computer, but am clueless.

Merry Christmas to All ! I hope you are having a special day.

Some Christmas cheer:

This has been around for awhile , but worth listening to again.

Merry Christmas to all.

This is Modern-Technology at its finest.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Crystl, losing during the holidays, way to go!! Welcome to size 10 land! I guess I'll be fighting you for all those size 10 jeans now, eh? Put 'em up! Put 'em up!!! laugh.gif

DH and I did some last minute shopping yesterday. I got stuck at lunch. That's been happening quite a bit lately. I think it's the stress from the MIL situation. That's when it all started. She's such a pain. Her legs are still very full of Fluid, but she refuses to elevate them like she should. So, they are just getting larger and larger.

Shammah, how's your mom doing? Still well, I hope!

We are going over to MIL's house for Christmas, as always. It will be very strange to not have her puttering in the kitchen. But at the same time, maybe she'll watch the great grand kids opening presents. She's usually fussing in the kitchen even when asked to sit and enjoy the gift exchange. So, this year she's going to be forced to sit and watch! I hope she enjoys it.