Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Hey Leigha -

Thats so awesome!! Congrats :-) I can honestly say that the first 80 pounds that have come off of me have been without any effort on my part. I'm sure thats why its taking me so long for it to come off. I was banded almost 16 months ago. I'm sure if I had worked it, I would have lost it a lot sooner. And I'm sure thats why I'm stagnant now. So if I want any more to come off, I'm gonna have to really crack down. Yes, I'm starting to walk more, as the weather is finally cooperating. And I don't buy junk food at all. Well, my one current weakness is Sunflower seeds in the shell. I go thru stages. Sometimes it's microwave popcorn. My stages usaually last from a week to 2 months or so. But i rarely ever indulge in sweets.

I can't bring myself to drink Protein Drinks, or much of anything else other than Water. So my Protein is strictly solid food based ie... meat, Soy, Yogurt, cheese, Fish, etc... I fight with salads, and most veggies. This is vewy dishartening for me as Veggies are my very favorite food group. I also can't eat very many fruits anymore either. That Also bites.

SORRY!! Got off topic. I think its the meds I'm on LOL

Anyway, Do you guys have a way of preparing veg that may work for me? What salad "Stuff" Works best for you? Any help at all would be wunnerful :thumbup:

Well, I need to go lay down so I can get back on the road to recovery...

Thanks Bandsters !!!!!!

Hello every one!! Hope you are all having a great day. Things are a bit better, I am getting more Protein in because of shakes, thanks Betsy for the advice. Im going for my second fill on friday, boy I hope I have more restriction then!!!

If my scale is correct Im down 7 pounds since my last fill march 3rd. Not to shabby I guess.

I enjoy getting to know all of you and love to read all your posts. Take care, and have a super monday!!!! :thumbup:

Hello from CT- poured today, so no walk-but- did do elliptical at a good clip for 15 minutes. And I HATE dieting, did I say HATE dieting:cursing:? Lifestyle change bloohey:angry:! It's dieting, and I am so anxious for my band to help me make it a lifestyle change! I don't mind the idea of the 'easy' way at all, no I don't.

I'm actually in a pretty good mood today in spite of it all- can you guess? Go figure- must be proud of myself or something:laugh:.

I've been reading all the posts- this is getting to be a heck of a party here! I'm proud of all of us!

Jacki,

Wondering how you were able to get the 3 stages side by side and onto your signature?

I went to MyVirtualModel.com and put the information in for my highest weight. I did a screen capture (PrtSc button), and then pasted it in a photo program I use called IrfanView (because it is free, easy to use, and has the "panorama image" feature -- URL is IrfanView.com to download) and saved the file, calling it filename High. Then I went back to MyVirtualModel.com and entered my current weight in the model's information. I did another screen capture and pasted it in my photo program and saved the file, calling it Current. Again, back to MyVirtualModel.com and entered my goal weight on the model. Screen Capture, paste in photo program, save file, calling it Goal. Then! I went into IrfanView's Create a Panorama Image under the Image menu. I selected all three files (High, Current, Goal) in that order horizontally. Save the file! Then I added it to my LBT album, and took the URL and added the pic in my signature using that URL.

How's that?! :-)

I love, love, LOVE this time of year. It's not pitch black when we get home in the evening and it's not so hot and humid that you start sweating the second you walk out the door. After work, the boy and I went for a bike ride and played on the school playground (swinging is a heck of a work out FYI). It was just lovely.

Also, on a good note. Steve behaved himself fairly well today. Not that I got wild and crazy and tried to eat, well, meat but I think I made it the entire day pain and slime free, woohoo! I've also decided to name my port Eileen, as a tribute to my really bad taste and love of 80s music.

A few lyrics from the song: These people round here wear beaten down eyes

Sunk in smoke dried faces they're so resigned to what their fate is,

But not us, no not us we are far too young and clever...

In a way, how I feel, for years was resigned to my fate of fat and lonely, and miserable, but no more!

So, enough of that. Happy Monday to ya all!

Good morning everyone! Its going to be 80 and sunshine for the next 4 days in East Texas! I'm so happy I cant stand myself! We started yard work yesterday, and my husband found a baby rattlesnake, I took a picture (Its in a red coffee can) So I guess I better watch out for mom & dad!

Guess what? I lost another pound! That is 45 pounds lost for a weight of (drum roll, please!) 150 pounds! 1 more and I will be normal BMI.

Have a great Tuesday!

post-281008-13813139200555_thumb.jpg

My husband went fishing yesterday and came home with catfish again, I have about 15 pounds of filet's in my refrigerator waiting to be vacuum packed. I wish y'all lived closer so I could share.

:)

Leigha, 2.5 hours is close enough. I am stopping by on my next Shreveport excursion :frown:

Anne, If you are hungry or feeling deprived, eat the foods you want. Just keep the portion size down. It is all about moderation, not self torture.

Karen, I don't worry about missing anyone. There are too many for my small brain to keep track of these days and we'll get over it.

Bobbie, 80 pounds in 16 months is a good pace. I wouldn't change a thing if it is working for you.

Shad, you ain't new. You've been around longer than me. We don't have tenure preferences around here anyways.

Betsy, any updates on Mark? Is no news, good news?

And happy Tuesday everyone else!

Not much going on here. Supposed to be 80+ today and 85 tomorrow. I may be jumping in the pool for the first time this year.

Leigha - That is FANTASTIC !!!!! The weight loss, not the snake :-)

Wow, 150 ... at this point I can't even imagine what that would feel like. I'm trying to reach the same.

I hope everyone is having a great day so far. It's supposed to be 65 and sunny here in ND, and it's well on it's way...

Does anyone have any big plans for Easter? We'll be going to Fargo to go out for dinner with my mom, sister and uncle, to the Holiday Inn. Every year they put on an amazing brunch ! And that way we all get to visit, and spend time. :-)

Have a super day All !

Edited by BobbieND

Good morning, all. I saw a news report last night about studies they've done on compulsive eating. Granted, the studies are done on rats, but they seem to indicate that high calorie foods create a reaction in the brain similar to cocaine which may be one reason for compulsive eating. Studies are far from conclusive, but you know when I look back at my past bouts with seriously compulsive eating (over the edge, eating until my pants pop), that's the kind of eating I was doing. Anyway...

Christie: I know it's been 3 weeks since your fill and you're thinking an unfill, but that's where I was last week. Then suddenly the PBing and stuck episodes vanished. Now, a week later I'm seriously thinking of going in for another fill because I'm not getting that "ok, I think I'm done" message anymore and yesterday I actually was able to eat more than I should have...but not could have. I stopped, but it was pretty clear I could've kept going. How much I don't know and I didn't want to find out.

Anne: His crocs 'stuck' to the floor?? Wow...I have the opposite. My dog left his ice cube on the kitchen floor and it melted and when my croc hit it, wheeee! My foot slid right out from under me but I was able to save myself (which I probably could not have done 47 pounds ago!).

Facebook - Farmville or Mafia War: My name is Melody and I am addicted to Farmville and Mafia War. C'mon over and friend me. I'm Melody Fawn Upham and my e-mail is rainbowmeadow@att.net and need all the neighbors I can get since I only friend people I know. Make sure you tell me who you are.

TJ: Congrats on the halfway point! Awesome!

Jacki: Wow! You look fantastic. Bet you feel it too!

Leigha: Glad to hear your band is finally working. It is a journey isn't it?

Bob: If you heard "check" and your name from me, my response is "it's in the mail.":biggrin:

Well, time to head home and get lunch. Here's hoping y'all have a warm sunshiney day!

Bob--your right. I guess what I should of said is that I am only 2 1/2 months banded--I am still learning so will not be posting alot, but reading to get information--not a pro--yet if there is such a thing with the band.:)

Leigha--good for you

Thanks Leigha for the comforting words. I like this thread its so upbeat. I am 19 days post and not loosing but thats ok because I know from reading, that the fills are the ticket. ( Along with the lifestyle change). Any way thanks for the support fellow bandits.

Leigha--you go girl!!! OMG, 150! My dream weight! SO happy for you :-)! It's going to be 80 here on Friday and Saturday here in Philly/NJ, so I'll take it!

Bob-- thanks for making me feel better. I really was trying not to forget anyone LOL Re: Mark, there is some info on Betsy's fb page

Having an odd couple of days. I get stuck plenty, don't get me wrong (usually for just being a bonehead), but I'm really wondering if I might need another fill. I have been so hungry in between meals lately and I'm definitely NOT satisfied on 4 to 6 ounces of food. For a couple of weeks there, I was actually NOT thinking of food and it was AWESOME! Now I'm sitting here counting the minutes until I can have lunch (when I was last done eating 2.5 hours ago). My problem is, I'm so tight in the mornings that it might throw everything off. I am so confused.

I am sure my angel, Leigha will have some advice for me, because I just don't know what to do!!! :-)

Hi, bestest people!

Pouring again today, so again the elliptical. Power was out for a couple of hours. No LBT and no clients, so curled up with my cat.

Then got the news that my surgery is being put off yet again because my doctor is taking so long to switch medical practices. So now I'm trying to get my chart to the new practice so they can at least submit for insurance considering the chart has been complete for a month. Wish me luck and wish me patience!

Bob- thanks for your thoughtful support. I should probably dub this PRE-Bandster Hell:scared2:, because I'm working on practicing, and we all know what it's like managing ourselves without the support of the band. Some days are just easier than others, like today, for instance.

Christie- resignation is simply not allowed in our space anymore! Baggy panties no likee resignation!:)

Leigha- Congrats on the 150! I grew up in the mountains of Montana, and did we have rattlesnakes!

TJ- Good to meet you! Congratulations on your loss!

Elfie- I still don't do Facebook, otherwise I'd play.

Shadst8- I hope you post anyway. I don't even have my band yet, probably won't until latter May at this point, but I'm finding that posting is helping with my motivation. It's good to be part of a supportive conversation:thumbup:.

For those not on FaceBook:

app_full_proxy.php?app=102452128776&v=1&size=z&cksum=d4354994bedd22d405c6bb85b9c69b90&src=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.farmville.com%2Fv20686%2Fassets%2Fachievements%2Fachievement_ribbon_icons%2Fking_composte_red.png

Leigha just earned the 'King of Compost' Red Ribbon in FarmVille!

Leigha harvested 306 crops fertilized by friends and earned a Red Ribbon and a big ol' reward! Leigh...a will get the Blue Ribbon when they harvest 294 fertilized crops.

Leigha is officially "King Shit" (will I get in trouble for saying shit?)

For those not on FaceBook:

app_full_proxy.php?app=102452128776&v=1&size=z&cksum=d4354994bedd22d405c6bb85b9c69b90&src=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.farmville.com%2Fv20686%2Fassets%2Fachievements%2Fachievement_ribbon_icons%2Fking_composte_red.png

Leigha just earned the 'King of Compost' Red Ribbon in FarmVille!

Leigha harvested 306 crops fertilized by friends and earned a Red Ribbon and a big ol' reward! Leigh...a will get the Blue Ribbon when they harvest 294 fertilized crops.

Leigha is officially "King Shit" (will I get in trouble for saying shit?)

Ha.Ha. By the way, I have always been king shit (my car dealership is called Car King, too)

Edited by LeighaMason