Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor Needing a friend

My name is Lynette and I am 42 years old. I am married with three grown children (my youngest is 18 and she and I were banded on the same day). I am teacher (Literacy Coach, actually) and I live in Staten Island. I was just banded on the 10th of February. My starting weight, prior to the two weeks of the liquid diet was 283 and I have a long way to go. I am just looking for someone to talk to as I go on this journey. Someone who will listen and be honest. I know that as I my weight changes so will my life and having someone from the "outside" can help bring some balance. I know I will have lots of questions and want to know about what others are experiencing as well.

I would be happy to talk to you I am 8 months out and down 54 lbs. Starting weight 251, I am 49 with a grown son and 2 grandbabies, happily married 29 years. No problems with the band. My e-mail is crodriguez17@comcast.net.

hi well my name is tina, i was banded dec 3rd and i lost a total of 33 to 35 lbs, i had my first fill jan 20 and it didnt hurt just felt a little weired cant xplain it well to me it did.. anyways i been married for 19 yrs this yr and 2 grown kids ages 22 and 20 and 2 grandkids one here and one in the belly still due anyday.. i feel lately i need a friend to listen ,someone who understands the whole lap band thing i dont personally know anyone who has done it ...so im here for support well whenever you feel like chattin im here ok im just a type away lol talk to you later

thanks I can't wait to talk to you both. I really think it is important to have people who are living it to share things with

My name is Lynette and I am 42 years old. I am married with three grown children (my youngest is 18 and she and I were banded on the same day). I am teacher (Literacy Coach, actually) and I live in Staten Island. I was just banded on the 10th of February. My starting weight, prior to the two weeks of the liquid diet was 283 and I have a long way to go. I am just looking for someone to talk to as I go on this journey. Someone who will listen and be honest. I know that as I my weight changes so will my life and having someone from the "outside" can help bring some balance. I know I will have lots of questions and want to know about what others are experiencing as well.

Hi Lynette: I'm Sandi and I was banded almost 6 years ago and am maintaining a 250 pound weight loss. I'd be more than happy to "listen" as you go through th eprocess. How exciting for you and your daughter to begin this journey together. What a mentor you can be for your daughter! As she watches you "follow the rules of the band" she will want to continue, and as you watch her achieve some success with weight loss you will want to continue to "follow the rules" for yourself, and for her. What great goals you two can achieve! I'm excited for you just thinking about it. Please email or PM me with your questions, concerns, feelings as you go through your journey. With over 5 years under my belt (or band) I can at least offer you my experience.

Hi Sandi, that's exciting to know weight loss is possible. I am considering lap band, in Tijuana with Dr. Ortiz. I don't have insurance to cover it. Do you still have to get fills? Do you have any problems with throwing up? My mom had bypass surgery 20 years ago and she has so much trouble holding food down and she has acid reflux very bad. She has kept weight off, but seems like such an expense for her I just don't know if it is worth all of that. But there is so much positive responses about lap band, I am wantint to try it so bad. I am over 100 lbs. Overweight, always miserable, my mom has more energy than me. Any response will be appreciated.Ju

Hi Lynette: I'm Sandi and I was banded almost 6 years ago and am maintaining a 250 pound weight loss. I'd be more than happy to "listen" as you go through th eprocess. How exciting for you and your daughter to begin this journey together. What a mentor you can be for your daughter! As she watches you "follow the rules of the band" she will want to continue, and as you watch her achieve some success with weight loss you will want to continue to "follow the rules" for yourself, and for her. What great goals you two can achieve! I'm excited for you just thinking about it. Please email or PM me with your questions, concerns, feelings as you go through your journey. With over 5 years under my belt (or band) I can at least offer you my experience.

I was banded on the same day as you. I sent you a friend request. You can also email me if you want - amy0776@aol.com. I'd be happy to be your buddy throughout our journey! :biggrin:

Hi Sandi, that's exciting to know weight loss is possible. I am considering LAP-BAND®, in Tijuana with Dr. Ortiz. I don't have insurance to cover it. Do you still have to get fills? Do you have any problems with throwing up? My mom had bypass surgery 20 years ago and she has so much trouble holding food down and she has acid reflux very bad. She has kept weight off, but seems like such an expense for her I just don't know if it is worth all of that. But there is so much positive responses about LAP-BAND®, I am wantint to try it so bad. I am over 100 lbs. Overweight, always miserable, my mom has more energy than me. Any response will be appreciated.Ju

I had my last fill about 6 months ago. I still have "room" in my band if I need more fills. Things change...If you go to Tiajuana you will need to find a doc in the US to do fills, so you may want to research that cost before your final decision. Shoot me an email or pM and I will cover some of the details with you. The only problem I have with throwing up is when I eat too fast, too big a bite and do not chew, or overeat past feeling full. All in my control, all preventabel. don't know why your mom has acid refulx so bad or throws up so much but she should see her doctor.

I hope you went on to my blog to sign up to receieve the ". 7 tips we wish we knew before having Lapband surgery" This will answer some of your questions- you can find it at:

Sandi's Banded Living — My Lapband Weight Loss Success Story

Be usre to look over to the right and sign up for the 7 tips..