Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for March 2010 bandsters threads

Yeah, I too have been having the gas really bad. Not too painful though, just uncomfortable. Today was the first day I was able to push some gas out if you know what I mean :confused: I have been using gas -x too. I actually felt better today after my first BM post op. I used an aid though, a suppository. Sorry to be so graphic...I heard that most people get diarrhea, not me!! I would welcome that!! It is so hard to push with this cut in my belly!! I am afraid of straining too hard too. Hopefully all is ok. I feel ok anyway.

Are you getting hungry yet? I am, but not too bad. I just keep sipping and sipping away at broth, Water, Isopure and crystal light. I think the isopure is helping the most, since it has Protein.< /p>

I have been sleeping in a recliner since my surgery, but tonight, I am going to climb the stairs to my bed and hope I can get comfortable.

Hope you all are doing well.

Lynn

Hello Everyone,

My name is Tammy and my surgery date is March 26. I'm starting to get nervous now and I have devolped a cold with congestion the doctor put me on anibotics for 5 days and if i'm not feeling better by wednesday my surgery will have to be postponed. I have been on a liquid diet sense March the 11th and lost 13 pounds so far. I have been trying to get this surgery sense Jan seems like a lot of stuff hindering it. But i'm excited and just so ready to get to phase 2 after surgery.:confused:

this is like what happened to me the week before i got banded! my surgery date was scheduled for friday, march 12 and i came down with an upper respiratory infection the sunday before. they put me on antibiotics and said if i wasn't feeling better by thurs it would be postponed. thankfully i was feeling better and my sugery happened and i'm a bandster now! i hope that you get to feeling better soon and that you get to have your surgery as scheduled. it's miraculous what those antibiotics can do! good luck!

Hope you are feeling better Tammy!!

I was banded on the 18th, the Morphine they gave me made me very nauseated so they gave me something to counter it, which just knocked me out completely. I'd wake up get asked "How are you feeling", I'd say "nauseated" then they'd knock me out again.

Finally they stopped the morphine and I was able to get up and walk around.

The x-ray procedure to see the swallow test was kinda surreal, the table was very hard,

and the young Doogie Howser techs weren't very helpful at helping me move, I was so thirsty I actually almost liked the nasty Fluid they gave me to drink.

First two days were very rough, but I feel great now, I agree also learning not to gulp is a challenge. Best help was a chair with lots of pillows for support to sleep in, I'd have used a recliner if I had one. Mine has arm rests that I could use to pull myself up, way easier than trying to get out of bed.

Good Luck to everyone:smile2:

i totally understand i did sleep in my bed last night its getting better but its still there. i did have a bm the day after surgery i do tend to feel hungry but ill tell you its like my stomach nows when that hours up lol i no carnation instant Breakfast has been filling me up ( who thought 4oz would) lol ( KIT)

I to am going on March 8th! :thumbup:

I was banded on March 8 and I am going tomorrow for my 1st post-op appt. Can any one tell me what I am in for tomorrow? Also, how is everyone doing that has been banded this month?

I also was banded March 8th - I had my first post op within 1 week and was just examined. My first fill is April 5th - I have no restriction at this point. I must admit I am really hungry this week. I am looking forward to my fill - because right now I feel like I could eat the same as before.

You are apparently doing something right with the weight loss results you have had. It's been slow for me. I have only lost 3 lbs since surgery. I lost the other 12 on pre-op diet.

PRAISE GOD I've been cleared for surgery Friday March the 26th. I developed a cold with congestion last week and just finished a 5 day antibiotic. I still have a little cough and just a little congestion first thing in the morning but feel great and ready for my band i have lost 18 pounds on the liquid diet so far. :thumbup:

ams 1974

my weight loss is the same pretty much as yours only 4lbs since surgery - as soon as I started real food, even though my calories are low I stopped losing. I'm frustrated

ams 1974

my weight loss is the same pretty much as yours only 4lbs since surgery - as soon as I started real food, even though my calories are low I stopped losing. I'm frustrated

Once you get some fills in your band, you'll see that change. I have dropped some weight with the pre-op and since banding, but I'm not expecting to lose weight until I get a few fills that give me restriction. I'd throw out the scale for a month or so and wait til you get a fill or two under your belt before you start to worry.

After the clear liquid diet, kind of a starvation type thing, it is not abnormal for the body to hold onto some weight in case it happens again soon. So even though you are not eating unhealthy foods, you might not see the weight loss you were during pre-op and shortly after being banded. When you can start really exercising and get a few fills you'll see the metabolism kick into gear and see the weight coming off again.

Later,

Erin

I haven't weighed myself, I am just going by the Doc's scale.< /p>

My jeans are lose though, and my face looks less full. Usually when I lose weight I can really feel it in my tummy, but with the band healing up, that area feels weak though I know that will get better.

I'm not a fan of the scale I'll probably start using it at some point but maybe not, I may rely on the tape measure for at least a while, just not sure yet. Just want to focus on getting my Protein and nutrients right now.

Thinking of you tjgibson1968 Good Luck!! :Banane20::smile2::Banane20::smile2::huggie:

Oh yeah it's my one week surgiversary today!!!!!:Banane20::thumbup::Banane20::thumbup:

Well it's been a really weird 2 weeks with the band. I went from not even feeling hungry to feeling like I could eat a house. I know that the doctors all said that you might even gain back some of the weight you lose during the pre-op and immediate post-op diet once you start on mushies etc., but at the same time it kind of sucks to be hungry again.

Anyways, hang in there all you March bandsters until we can start getting some fills, things will change :)

I have a friend who's been banded for three years, she said things got a pretty tough for her before he first fill but her hunger subsided once she'd had it. I'm beginning to feel the hunger too, gonna start counting my days down to the first fill...

I also was banded March 8th - I had my first post op within 1 week and was just examined. My first fill is April 5th - I have no restriction at this point. I must admit I am really hungry this week. I am looking forward to my fill - because right now I feel like I could eat the same as before.

Wow, lucky lucky! My doc is making me wait 5 weeks before my first fill which means its late April to Early May before I am filled...glad to know some of you are having the same difficulties as me. I tried asking the question in the chat room but couldn't get an answer.:w00t:

This info will help me sleep better...knowing that it is normal for me to be hungry 2 weeks out.:)

Thnx everyone!!!