Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP!!!! these shakes are gross!

I am on an Optifast only liquid diet, 6 shakes a day for two weeks. I have known fatty liver. So I need to do this. But these shakes make me want to vomit. I managed to get one day this morning and only 2 more ounces. I just cant do it.

Any advice??

Please!!!

does it have to be opti fast?? powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury is the best! I tried the chicken and didn't like it but the chocolate and vanilla are fabulous!

I also added unflavored Protein, Pure and Isopure brand, to crystal light to get in more Protein.< /p>

It might not seem like it now, but you can do it! Does your doctor allow you to have diet drinks during the liquid diet?

I also had to do a two-week liquid diet of Optifast. I found that they were easier to drink if I mixed the powder with diet soda instead of Water. For example, I would mix the vanilla flavor with a diet orange soda. I also would add a drop or two of flavored extracts.

Do you have any of the Tomato Soup Optifast? I actually found that I really liked it and would have it several times a day. Just be sure to mix it with a blender or magic bullet before you heat it. You want to be sure that the powder is all dissolved.

The first few days are the worst - once you get through them, the rest of the time will fly by. Good luck!

Sheri

arthu and Sherie, thanks for your replies!

Arthu, it has to be Optifast because that is what the surgeons office gives out. It is included in all this. So I dont have to buy anything.

Sherie, didnt the orange soda fizz up everywhere? I am desparate enough to try it!!

Keep the suggestions coming. It is day one and I am very discouraged. The thought of drinking these shakes is causing stomach upset!!

All I have had to day is one shake and 2 ounces of another. The chicken broth one was gross!!!

I am such a wuss!

Ha! Funny you should ask - I actually exploded the magic bullet one day (at work no less) by mixing a diet root beer. The root beer was actually a lot fizzier than other sodas I used. But if you use a blender there is a lot of extra room. You can always open the soda ahead of time and let it sit, but I never had to do that.

I agree about the chicken broth flavor - it was gross. Did your doctors office just give you a variety of flavors or did you get to pick? Mine let me swap out some flavors once I figure out which ones I liked better.

Don't get me wrong - nothing is going to make these taste delicious. But in the end, it will all be worth it.

Sheri

I was on Optifast also and found that if I drank them at 2 hr intervals it really helped. I drank black coffee until 8am, when I had my first Optifast, then 10,2,4,6,8,. It also helped a lot to have them really really cold and I sipped them so slowly that I could make them last for 15 to 20 minutes. One person in my support group said that she froze them until they were mushy...then put in blender to fluff them up..the back in the freezer for a while.

Really, as someone has already said...it does get better!!!!!

Good luck!

I can't speak for Optifast, I was on HMR but we were allowed to add sugar free jello-o (powder) or a little sugar free pudding (powder). The ONLY was I could stomach them was to add both the Jello and pudding then put in the freezer until almost frozen, if they were the least bit cool instead of cold I can't stand 'em....And they're right above, it does get better!

I made another one this evening. Added some cocoa, vanilla. I couldnt do it. Couldnt get past one sip. I have had 10 ounces of Optifast and Water today.

I have a headache, I am discouraged that I cant seem to do this.

Freakin failure.

If your doctor allows leeway (mine was fine with other Protein Shakes, as long as they fell within certain Protein & carb parameters), I'd strongly recommend making a switch to Inspire Proteins from Bariatric Eating. Their shipping is fast.

I learned to chug my shakes with a straw and get it over quick. LOL

I did Atkins shakes - they weren't great but not that bad. I like you would hate any brand I'm sure.

I don't know if you are using the Optifast power or the ready to drink. I found the powder tastes gross, but I liked the ready to drink optifast. I added a little frozen fruit or 1/2 of a banana in the shakes. That made them taste better.