Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Easter Challenge Anyone?

I would love to join... I'm not losing very quickly so I'm going to say 15-20 pounds.. I was really disappointed to lose only 4 pounds since my first fill on Jan 6th till my second fill yesterday (26Jan10)... However, I can really feel a difference this time with Restriction so lets cross our fingers and hope for success... In fact as I sit here, I am still waiting for the first tiny bite of scrambled eggs go down that I swallowed 25 minutes ago... Guess I'll go back to yesterday broth meals for another day... Now to figure out how to make a Special Ticker for the challenge..

Good Luck Everyone!

Dont be so hard on yourself! 4 lbs in 20 days, thats .2 lbs a day, times 365 days in a year..that would be 73 lbs! There is nothing wrong with that! Good job!

Dont be so hard on yourself! 4 lbs in 20 days, thats .2 lbs a day, times 365 days in a year..that would be 73 lbs! There is nothing wrong with that! Good job!

Thanks Leigha, I was just hoping for better results after the first fill but had no new restriction from what I already had with no fill... I could eat nearly a full cup of food with no problems and felt guilty for eating so much but if I ate less I was still hungry and continually thinking of food... Yesterdays fill seems to be very restrictive. I gave up on the eggs and after 45 minutes drank a sip of cranberry juice to get that one bite to go down... Now I'm going to try some very soft and runny oatmeal... If the oatmeal doesn't work then I'll go on liquids and broths for a couple of days... I just want to try some mushies one more time first...

My nurse who does my fills always wants me on liquid for 2 whole days after a fill. She said if something gets stuck and irritates what is already swollen from the fill that she will have to take some out. So I take this advice as gospel, it would really hurt my feelings to have to have even a partial unfill.

My nurse who does my fills always wants me on liquid for 2 whole days after a fill. She said if something gets stuck and irritates what is already swollen from the fill that she will have to take some out. So I take this advice as gospel, it would really hurt my feelings to have to have even a partial unfill.

Yep, I really don't want an unfill... After two attempts with runny oatmeal, that was still too thick so I"ll go with my Tomato Soup and broth for the rest of the day... My Dr. only told me liquids the rest of the day of the fill, then Mushy food the next day then regular eating the next day... However, I am going to take advantage of the restriction as a good excuse to only have broths, liquids and drinks for a couple of days. That ought to be good for a couple of pounds right there! LOL...

Weighed in at 221 today - hoping to be under 220 by next week. I did 5 miles of cardio today in the gym. Hopefully my PMS'ing won't get the best of me. I WANT LOTS OF ICECREAM! LOL

Good luck to all! :smile2:

Weighed in at 221 today - hoping to be under 220 by next week. I did 5 miles of cardio today in the gym. Hopefully my PMS'ing won't get the best of me. I WANT LOTS OF ICECREAM! LOL

Good luck to all! :smile2:

WOW! Great Job! 5 miles that is terrific..I've only been doing the treadmill for 1.5...but it takes me 30 minutes to do that. I don't think I will ever enjoy exercising!

WOW! Great Job! 5 miles that is terrific..I've only been doing the treadmill for 1.5...but it takes me 30 minutes to do that. I don't think I will ever enjoy exercising!

I won't either... unless some miracle happens between now and the rest of my life! LOL :smile2:

I did 1 mile on the treadmill, 3 on the bike, and 1 on the elliptical. I was also trying to do Couch to 5k but it is really messing with my right hip. Traditionally women in my family have very bad hips and the running is just to much impact I think. It got to where I could barely walk - I figure walking during everyday life is much more important than being able to run 3 miles. I didn't want to give up, but it was getting to be too much pain. I'll stick to the other cardio options.

Hi All,

Is it too late for me to join this challenge?? I could definitely use the motivation and support! I was banded 9/17/09 and I am down 22lbs.....I did awesome at first but since October I have stalled out only losing 2 pounds between then and now! :smile2: Soooooo I would be thrilled to have something to work towards. I just bought my children the wii and I bought myself the wii fit plus, AND the biggest loser "game." I needed something to do indoors during this crazy cold Maine winter! I am loving it. It's only been a few days, but I'm super pumped!!! :tongue:

Staring weight was 246

Current weight is 224

Goal is 155

Easter challenge 25 lbs.....I want out of the 200's!!!!

I would love to join the Easter Challenge. I have a little over 9weeks till Easter Sunday. I would love to lose about 20 lbs. So I need to get busy. Starting at 198.5 goal 178.5.

Hi All,

Is it too late for me to join this challenge?? I could definitely use the motivation and support! I was banded 9/17/09 and I am down 22lbs.....I did awesome at first but since October I have stalled out only losing 2 pounds between then and now! :bored: Soooooo I would be thrilled to have something to work towards. I just bought my children the wii and I bought myself the wii fit plus, AND the biggest loser "game." I needed something to do indoors during this crazy cold Maine winter! I am loving it. It's only been a few days, but I'm super pumped!!! :blink:

Staring weight was 246

Current weight is 224

Goal is 155

Easter challenge 25 lbs.....I want out of the 200's!!!!

It's definitely not too late. :tt2: My weight has been stalled for quite some time now and I too recently bought a Wii Fit Plus. Let me know how you like the Biggest Loser game. :unsure:

ok are we weighing in on mondays? If so it is already Monday here. I have lost 1 kg since last week. I havent updated my ticker as I am not on my home computer. My goal is 1kg a week... so far so good :confused:

Hi, I know I am joining the challenge a little late but I would love to join. I was banded on 12-16-09 and I am down 21 lbs. I had my 1st fill on the 25th and so far it is working well. This morning I weighed 269 and I would love to be at 250 by Easter. I stated that I wanted to be 250 in the valentines day challenge but I think that it is much more realistic to shoot for Easter. I am always looking for something to keep me motivated! Good Luck to everyone!!!!

So since this is my first "challenge" I'm not sure... Do we check in each week? I joined last Tuesday and just did the Monday Weigh in and I'm down 2.5 pounds...

I am able to eat runny oatmeal now and runny refriend Beans but otherwise am still limited to cream Soups and broths or Protien shakes... The Oatmeal is iffy becasue I can feel it sitting in my throat after the 3rd or 4th bite.... And a bite consists of about the amount of a "baby" spoon... I little scrapping of food at the very tip of my teaspoon...

My Follow up is on the 9th so hopefully I'll be able to eat more things by then and this will be my sweet spot...

Monday weigh in: I am at 164 so I lost my 2 lbs last week. I started going to the gym yesterday so I have hope for the 2 lbs this week as well.

Good job JensGems and AlienBandit for being on track with your goals, I am looking forward to hearing from everyone else.

Not sure what happened but I gained .5 this week. I had a fill this past Thursday and usually that has me losing and I'm eating less than before the fill. I have restriction as I'm only able to eat small meals and I get full. I also am only eating 3 meals each day with 1 small snack. I sure hope my body realizes it needs to drop weight as I'm already excercising 4-5 days a week for 1 to 1.5 hours each time. Current Weight is 204.5.:confused: