Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Re: "Inverted T" abdominoplasty

I am sorry your son has health issues, it is a wonderful thing that you can keep him with you and help take care of him. I have a friend that has been paying monthly on a storage shed rental for many years.....I told her to sort the stuff, get rid of it and move on. If she hasn't needed the stuff in all these years she probably doesn't need it!!!! Now you, you had a need to find all that cleaning equipment, LOL!!! A nice small utility box will be wonderful...can't build up stuff!!!!

What is the next mission? Glad you are continuing to heal.

Mimi

My next mission? To survive the building of the extension. The builders are going tohave to take the back fence down in order to be able to get a digger into the garden so I will not be able to let the dogs out on their own until the extension is finished. This said, I shall have to take them out on leads (extra walkies) for every call of nature - which will be a bit of a bind! If peeing was an Olympic sport my dogs would be champion of the world!

Having said that, I should be able to start running again next week so long as I get the OK from the PS. Please, please, please, please, please!

I made a gorgeous lasagne for dinner - boy, oh boy, do I make one mean lasagne!!!! And you know what? I can't even eat any of it cos I can't tolerate the pasta! Life is so unfair - but then again if I could tolerate it I would be likely to pig out on it and then pb for ages! And lets face it, no matter how good it tastes (and it really does taste good) nothing, but nothing tastes as good as being a normal size feels.

This brings me to my final point - I have made a momentous decision. Actually, I made it this morning, but I forgot to mention it when I posted earlier. I have decided (dada DAH) not to lose any more weight. My face is getting a bit too thin. In certain lights I have a developed a distinct resemblance to Yorick (as in "Alas poor Yorick, I knew him well") and although my weight is still in the higher weight range when regarded alongside other peoples weights I need to remember that I am tall. While I am no giantess (I'm 5ft 9), I am taller than most women and an awful lot of men and my weight needs to be higher than the shorter population in order to cover my bones with flesh!!! Skeletal is not a good look on me! My BMI is 24.1 and that is healthy - and I'm OK with that. I'm not forgetting my eating habits - that would be disastrous - but I am no longer going to strive to lose significant amounts of weight. I think I'm OK. I like my new body (but I'm still going to get my arms done - and maybe my boobs). I'm OK with my weight. I like me.:thumbup:

What is it with builders? Bss man rang last night and they are going to start a day early!

Do US builders also suffer from builders bum?

Edited by Ohm
Typos - again

Oh, Becci, I feel for you having that darn fence down!!!! As far as starting early, most of them start late!!! You are lucky if they keep up that pace!!!

You will be so happy with getting your arms and boobs done. Go look at my home page album and see my boobs before and after. I think you are on my friends list...it is a restricted album.

I am happy for you being satisfied with yourself. You are a great shape and BMI and tall like you said. Hey, I want some lasagna, too, boo hiss!!!!

Mimi

Becci and Mimi ... I've been reading this entire post today, and I almost PEED myself laughing! LOL I have tears streaming down my face .... My co-workers must think I'm on Crack or something! LOL

Becci - you have an AMAZING writing style... Thank you for your story, and for being brave enought to share your pictures...

I need my tummy done, as well as under arms, boobs, thights and butt. But my Dr says i hv to wait until i reach goal! I'm at 210 right now, and goal is 150. It's take me 2.5 years to loses the first 80 pounds. It will probably be another 2 years before i can get the flab/skin taken off. Oh well...... my younger BF ( by 13 years ;-) ) loves me the way I am, and I dont mind it too much. I just get rashes and sores, and they hurt.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoy reading your stories, and hearing about your lives.

Congratulations to both of you !!

Well thank you. Laughing burns shed loadsof calories!! I am so glad that you have enjoyed reading. I have also enjoyed posting! We should rename this thread "The Becci and Mimi Thread" - or maybe "The Crazy Kenya and Becci and Mimi Thread". Anyway, I am so glad that you have enjoyed it - please post so that I have something to respond to and I shall try to carry on writing things to make you pee yourself!

Seriously, thanks so much for posting. Encouragement is valuable and rare.

Hugs to all, and especially to you

Becci

What is it about a builder that they cannot manage to buy trousers that cover the crack in their a*se?

Builders bum (definition: the top pf the buttocks showing when a pair of trousers is worn too low or when the wearer is bending over). Can't their wives buy a bigger pair of trousers? Have they all gained vast amount of weight since their trousers were purchased? Why can't they wear clothes which protect their dignity (and my sensibilities)???

Anyway, the sheds have been demolished and the game is on. The canine culprits (culprits for what? just everything) have enjoyed extra walkies and no doubt I am burning a few extra calories by taking them out for all those "comfort breaks".

The back garden no longer has a lawn (oh well) a shed (errr) or a garden door so it is well and truly open to all comers. Never mind! Within 8 weeks we shall have a functional ground floor bedroom and bathroom for my boy - and life will be a lot easier.

Does anyone else have junk food Thursday?

We try to eat healthy, but on the grounds that if you are good most of the time you can be less sensible occasionally, we have junk food Thursday. On Thursday, when I am ebbing from the stresses and strains of maintaining my busy, noisy, psychotic (did I really say that, that can't be right) family through the week, but haven't quite reached the haven of the weekend, we relieve the tension by lessening the stress of preparing the evening meal. We have junk food.

Well, lets be a bit more honest: they have junk food. I can't eat enough of anything to make it worth the extra calories and I don't like the salt resultant Fluid based weight gain inthe morning weigh in so I abstain. Arern't I a good girl?

But basically anything froma packet counts. Favourites are noodles, chips (translation from Uk to US: french fries), supermarket pies, crispy pancakes, veggie burgers, veggie hotdogs (for the uninitiated: we are vegetarians - you'd never have guessed would you?) and occasionallly a take away (translation; take out) in the form of pizza, a curry or even a Chinese! I would strongly reccommend this practice. It results in kids who don't feel deprived but don't expect it all the time, which results in healthier bodies - and wife and Mum who is marginally less frazzled. Happy kids, happy Mum - husband eats everything - rather too much of everything but what are you gonna do?

Somehow, knowing that Thursday is coming makes eating healthier through the rest of the week (including the weekends) less of a chore.

Useful tip?

Edited by Ohm

Well, have some more PS and we will have more to talk about!!!!! One thing I noticed when I was taking my nudie pix is that my ass and back and thighs are sagging and wrinkled. I have to laugh or I would cry!!!!!

Mimi

LOL, we posted at the same time!!!!

I think it is an excellent idea to have a planned "junk food" day. Although your choices don't sound so extreme or non healthy.

I am sorry you have to suffer with visions of builder's bum, LOL, and yes, we have that problem, too.

Hey, way to go getting healthier with all those walkies!!!!

Mimi

Did you accept the friend request? I tried to see your piccies but couldn't gain access cos it is restricted to your friends. Can't wait to see who I've been bantering with for all these weeks. I presume that the avatars are your own canine copins? Either that or you have regular facial reconstruction (lol). They are beautiful, BTW.

Simultaneous posting, twice in a row! This could become a competitive sport!

Yes, do not fear, I got in this time. I am quite bowled over at your bravery and you know what, you look amazing. Isnt it astounding how resilient our bodies can be - especially after the ravages of overweight and obesity still they can bounce back and give us decades more faithful service. I think you must look much better now than before you lost weight, and you are goiing to look even better once you have all the PS.

You are sweet, Becci!!! I am going to have a friend do some close ups of my arm scars since they are 2 mths post op and put them in the album. I am wishing there was summer weight 3/4 length blouses for temps in the 90's and 100's with 98% humidity here in SC.

I would love to be able to see your pics Mimilou as I am having this procedure in 6 weeks...... Please....