Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

John Pinette (comedian) dies at 50

This comedian/actor died Saturday at a Pittsburgh hotel. Sadly reminds me of the toll obesity took on him as well another one of my favorite comedian/actors, John candy. I'm so thankful for my WLS, for I, unfortunately, was headed in the same direction.

I lost some weight on my own three years ago and kept it off more or less but it was creeping back rather slowly..... I had to do something drastic at this point..... I need knee surgery and I can't have it until I lose 100 lbs they say....... I can't wait to get my life back

Lambeautiful, I understand about the weight creeping back off. As I've stated in numerous other posts, I've been an expert DIETER, not just an expert MAINTAINOR. That was what was most appealing to me about having WLS. It would help with MAINTENANCE. Best wishes to you on your weight loss journey and on your future operation!

Just read about John Pinette this is sad, but so agree that we have lost alot of talent due to their weight health. So am happy that I am a WLS person now and on my way to a better life!!!

Just heard about this last night. I really loved his comedy. They didn't say exactly how he died, just that it was natural causes. I just felt so grateful about having already had the decision and my surgery behind me and to have a fighting chance at life. May he be in God's comfort now.

I watch Mike and Molly(Melissa McCarthy and Billy Gardell) most every week. Not as funny as it was the first two years, but they're getting paid millions of dollars a year to be obese. Not sure it's worth it if you die 30 years too soon?

I've seen Pinette before. Just looked up a youtube on him. He was in the final episode of Seinfeld. Talented guy.

I cried like a baby when John candy died. He had heart trouble and went everywhere with his family because he felt he could not take the chance that he might die without saying good bye...

I liked John Pinette too.

But when John died I thought at any moment I will die as well for the same reason. Complications due to being overweight....

:(

So sad to see another great and funny guy die at such a young age because of complications and related issues from obesity. I lost my father by 54 because of obesity related issues too and it is so sad to see a talented life end before it is time..

We also lost Micky Rooney today.. I bet there is alot of joyful hugs and laughter in heaven today.

BellaHugz I agree there are alot of hugs and laughter in Heaven today as well...Well said!!!

We loved John Pinette too! My husband was hoping to see him next time he comes to town :( ... so sad...and he had lost some weight...don't know if he gained it back or not... Makes me think of Gabriel Ingleses (aka "Fluffy")... I hope he does something soon...

... so sad...

Wonder if the autopsy on Peaches Geldor will reveal that her death was due to some type of appetite-suppressant auto-medication? (Ritalin or other.) Both ends of the weight spectrum can be hazardous, indeed fatal.

Not a comedian really, more drama but amazing talent I think, don't forget James Gandolfini. Lost way too soon to a heart attack and certainly not helped by his weight. I don't think his size hurt his attractiveness at all. Specially not with that grin. R.I.P. Very missed!

My Wife and I have seen and met John Pinette many times over the years and we were deeply saddened by the news of his passing. He was a kind soul and deeply grateful for the support of his fans. Almost every show he would hang out and mingle with people. Such a very unique and talented Comedian and will be greatly missed.

pinette_zpsd2c886d6.jpg

This pic is from 2010.

Edited by Jim1967

Never heard oh him before, but just spent an hour laughing my a$$ off on utube. He was one funny guy. :)