Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recipe Sharing

1. By Post-surgery Phase

1. Liquids (stage 1)

Recipes for clear liquids and full liquids for Post-Bariatric Surgery Patients.

Recipes for the purée phase, smooth foods with no chunks for Post-Bariatric Surgery Patients.

Recipes for the soft food phase, foods that are easily chewable, tender, and low in "bulk" or "roughage for Post-Bariatric Surgery Patients.

Recipes for the lifetime phase, when you are allowed solid foods for Post-Bariatric Surgery Patients.

1. Vegetarian, vegan, raw foods

Recipes for vegetarians, vegans or raw-foodists Post-Bariatric Surgery.

Recipes for those with gluten intolerances or those who choose to avoid gluten Post-Bariatric Surgery. If in doubt about a recipe, please consult with your medical team before trying to eat it.

Recipes that don't fit into an existing category for Post-Bariatric Surgery Patients.

1. PRE-Operation Weight Loss Surgery Q&A

Congratulations! You made a life-changing decision and are now benefiting from your new, positive lifestyle. Please share your Weight Loss Surgery success story with our community. You deserve to celebrate, and your story may make the difference in someone else's life.

2. POST-Operation Weight Loss Surgery Q&A

This is the place to talk about post-op questions. Discuss recovery, the post-op Weight Loss Surgery diet progression, nutrition, complications, medical tests, and other Weight Loss Surgery issues.

3. General Weight Loss Surgery Discussions

Talk about anything related to weight loss surgery, such as choosing a surgery and surgeon, preparing for surgery, pre-surgery and post-surgery diets, weight loss, exercise and mental challenges. Exchange recipes, find weight loss surgery buddies, get exercise advice, ask about cosmetic and reconstructive surgery and share your weight loss surgery story!

In a gastric sleeve surgery or vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG), the surgeon removes most of your stomach and forms the rest into a tube-shaped sleeve from your throat to your small intestine. These forums are for sleevers, potential sleevers and revisional sleevers! Talk about the VSG diet, nutritional supplements, weight loss and sleeve complications.

The Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB) is restrictive and malabsorptive. You get a smaller stomach pouch, which attaches lower down your small intestine. In these forums, talk about dumping syndrome, nutrient deficiencies, weight loss, the bypass diet and complications. Forums are for pre-WLS patients and those already have the RYGB.

The adjustable gastric band (LAP-BAND) is a less invasive type of weight loss surgery that works through restricting your stomach size. Discuss LAP-BAND related topics such as fills, LAP-BAND diets, nutritional supplements, complications and band over bypass. Share your experiences and be supportive!

7. Revision Weight Loss Surgery Forums (NEW!)

Weight loss surgery revisions are typically performed because of weight regain, complications resulting from the weight loss surgery procedure, or a reversal of the procedure altogether.

This forum is for questions about food and nutrition before and after all types of weight loss surgeries. Check out the sub-forums to see if there is a more specific place for your post, to help people find information more easily.

This is the place to share your Weight Loss Surgery journey with other members. Please start your own thread to tell us more about yourself. Do you have weight loss surgery? Who was/is your surgeon? How much weight have you lost, what changes have you noticed, and what challenges have you overcome?

Congratulations! You made a life-changing decision and are now benefiting from your new, positive lifestyle. Please share your Weight Loss Surgery success story with our community. You deserve to celebrate, and your story may make the difference in someone else's life.

This forum is devoted to discussions, questions, and answers dealing with fitness and exercise, routines, habits, etc.

This forum is the place to share your personal experiences and discuss surgery costs, length, and quality of hospital stays, surgeon recommendations, and anything else related to weight loss surgeons and hospitals. You can search our Weight Loss Surgeon Directory to find a local Bariatric Surgeon here.

This forum is for discussions related to weight loss surgery insurance coverage and financing options. Gain from learning from others’ experiences!

14. Mexico & Self-Pay Weight Loss Surgery

A forum for discussing travel to Mexico to have Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Bypass or another type of Weight Loss Surgery, as well as for discussing self-pay for weight loss surgery.

Congratulations on achieving or approaching your goal weight! Are you thinking about skin removal, cosmetic, or reconstructive surgery? This is the forum dedicated to discussing tummy tucks, brachioplasty (arm lift), mastopexy (breast lift), and inner thigh lifts, and other cosmetic procedures after losing a lot of weight with weight loss surgery.

Been around BariatricPal for a while? Then chat with other old-timers who also know the drill! Sometimes it just feels more comfortable to kick back and shoot the breeze with familiar faces. So, come on into the Vets Forum for some serious WLS talk or just to hang out. We're old pals here!

NOTE:  You must be 18 months post-op to participate in the WLS Veterans's Forum.

Want debate? Get it here. Gripe, complain, moan, fight, rant and rave. Enter at your own risk!

This forum is for general conversation, sharing interests, having a laugh or discussing anything not specifically related to Weight Loss Surgery surgery.

This is a place for ladies to discuss everything from Weight Loss Surgery complications, diet, and concerns, to any other off-topic subjects.

This is the place for support for pregnant, trying-to-get-pregnant, and new parents after weight loss surgery. Share your tips and support here regarding breastfeeding, good nutrition, and taking care of yourself and your baby.

This is a place for men to discuss everything from Weight Loss Surgery complications, diet, and concerns, to any other off-topic subjects.

Looking for that special someone? Once you start on your weight loss surgery journey, everything from your lifestyle to your body to the way you think about yourself and the world changes. Here is a forum to meet other weight loss surgery singles who know what you’re going through and who are have the same health goals and lifestyle as you do. Have fun!

23. Other Types of Weight Loss Surgery & Procedures

The Gastric Plication (sleeve plication or greater curvature plication), Duodenal Switch (DS), Mini Gastric Bypass (MGB), Gastric Balloon (intragastric balloon), and other Endolumenal Bariatric procedures are also options for treating obesity. This is where you can talk about these weight loss surgeries and procedures. Share your experiences and ask questions in these forums!

24. Weight Loss Medications & Popular Diets

Before or after weight loss surgery, you may be following one of the popular diet plans to guide your eating. This is the place to talk about the Paleo diet, Atkins, Jenny Craig, SlimFast, Weight Watchers, South Beach, and any other diet. Talk about recipes, meal plans, do’s and don’ts, and how to get your popular diet to fit into your weight loss surgery diet.

Weight Loss Surgery Magazine is an online publication made up of informative articles written by weight loss professionals who have experience with weight loss surgery.

WLS Magazine covers many aspects of weight loss surgery and is written by health professionals from across the healthcare spectrum, including: Physicians/Surgeons, Dietitians/Nutritionists, Health & Wellness Experts, Psychologists, Life Coaches and Others who are at the forefront in the fight against obesity.

Technical questions? Comments about BariatricPal? We welcome feedback and suggestions on any aspect of BariatricPal.com. This is also the place to visit for updates about new features and updates.

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• AmberFL

2 of the Biggest NSV thus far in my life; 1) my 6yr old daughter can wrap her arms around me for the first time ever! 2) My 12yr old son is having a basketball game for the parents vs. their players and I am playing with him! Its been awhile since I played basketball so I have been practicing lol but I would never had even volunteered to do this 70lbs ago! 
      This surgery has changed my life for the better!
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

That's fantastic!

• Newtransformation79

It has hit me today, as I sit in my chair at work that I don't have my belly sticking out to where it would hit the desk. Oh and I can cross my legs more comfortably. It amazes me just how much I have loss in inches vs actual pounds, I have lost 24 lbs all together. But I believe in inches all over about 3 inches. I am noticing more energy and have pep to my step. My skin is a lot clearer. My watch band is shorter by 3 notches. the little things are what I am noticing. When I bend over I don't feel out of breath or I am going to fall over ( weeble wobble). 
      I am having a hard time with my sweet tooth, it is very hard to not want to get some ice cream or chocolate. Candy I can do without. I have no craving really for that, just chocolate and ice cream. I have gone as far as taking Popsicle and putting them in my mixer with almond milk and making like ice cream with that/ sometimes I have added un-flavored protein powder. 
      I feel better everyday. The energy is great to have with having younger kids and being able to have the energy to keep up. 😃
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Manisha Sharma

Buy Dohar Set Online: Top Picks for Cozy Comfort & Style 
      Check out our top selections for cozy bedding, perfect for adding a touch of style to your bedroom while ensuring warmth and comfort. Find the best Dohar sets online for ultimate comfort and style.

Visit - https://amoliconcepts.com/product-category/throws-quilts-dohars/
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

If anyone has any advice on how to make your stomach feel better after you eat something you shouldn't have or at too fast, I would GREATLY appreciate it!! It's painful on both sides of my abdomen (like to the point I'm doubled over and using a hot water bottle in addition to medicine) and I'm really nauseous (the thought or smell of food is 🤢).
      · 0 replies
    • Mandirigma

Just wondering if any of the Type 2 Diabetics also have there blood glucose go high when having only a Premier Protein drink for breakfast?  How does Premier Protein compare to BOOST Glucose Control in your experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1,097 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ElleBelle
    Newest Member
    ElleBelle

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news