Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band was removed

Well on 12/8/09 my Band was removed due to erosion- I feel lost without it, but yet still pretty darn full for some darn reason. I went into the hospital on 12/8 and left on 12/9 I was home and in my own bed by 8pm that night. Crying and scared- I think more emotional due to morphine they gave me, today is 12/16 and I'm back at work drinking lots of Water and hoping to watch all that I eat and drink so I don't gain back my 70 pounds. but only time will tell I guess- there will be no new band for me as the insurance won't pay for it and my doctor will not reband someone that had an erosion.

well folks wish me luck will you.

I'm so sorry you've had to go through this. Hopefully you've changed enough habits that you can continue to live as if you still have the band. I hope you feel better soon!

I went to the doctors today to have my staples removed God I love that doctor of mine- I explained that I was worried about gaining the weight back, his reply don't worry we will work with you, so next month once everything heals and I'm back to "normal" I'll go meet up with the Nutritiest and get on a healthy diet.. ah I feel so much better I am so determined to not gain this weight back band or no band.

I'm very sorry you had to have your band removed. I know I'd have the same fears you're expressing if I lost mine. Thankfully, you have a doctor who is sympathetic and is going to work with you. Best of luck to you.

Hi:

That sounds like a great doctor and great determination that you have. Hopefully between the two of you working together you can make it work without your band. I wish you well.

Sue

Thank you for the replys, I am determined to not gain my weight back and with my Doctors help I'm sure its going to be fine.

My Band truly became a part of me, you know I depended on it to control my eating when I knew I couldn't now I have to step up to the plant and know ONE COOKIE IS ENOUGH. :thumbup:

Holiday season is not the easiest season to lose a band but hey if I can maintain through this month I'll be doing well. :ohmy:

Take care and Happy Holidays everyone.

I had mine removed unexpectedly last month. I have been maintaining my weight, granted, its not what I want it to be but I don't want to gain anymore. I think I'm going to get rebanded though.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches