Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Guys,

Just need some encouragement. I'm really feeling bummed and depressed lately. I feel like a lapband failure. I'm 3.5 months out from surgery and have only lost 15 lbs. I am doing the best I can....I need to be better about my exercise, I know that.

But, I've just been really depressed lately--really lonely for the holiday, I think. And missing my best holiday friend....FOOD!

Anyway, just typing it out.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hang in there. Remember this is as much of an emotional journey as it is a food one. This is a really hard time of year to attempt this task, but if we had waited we would be even heavier. You can do this. Just remember 15 pounds is more than you would have lost without the band. Good luck. Way to go. You're down 15 pounds.

Are you having your band adjusted?

hey kiddo, hang in there. try another adjustment and then do what I do, try doing protiens for a week to get some good weight loss. you might be motivated then.

I am in the same boat, and I am just trying not to obsess about the number.

smile!

Hey!!! Our surgery date and begining and goal weights are almost the same. Lets do this together!

Hi Guys,

Just need some encouragement. I'm really feeling bummed and depressed lately. I feel like a LAP-BAND® failure. I'm 3.5 months out from surgery and have only lost 15 lbs. I am doing the best I can....I need to be better about my exercise, I know that.

But, I've just been really depressed lately--really lonely for the holiday, I think. And missing my best holiday friend....FOOD!

Anyway, just typing it out.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hang in there. I'm only 6 weeks out and am a bit horrified at how much of my life (and relationships) revolved around food...and like you, am grieving the loss of my best friend.

How are you doing on your fills? Do you have restriction yet? If not, then seriously pat yourself on the back because it means you're still doing this alone...but unlike in the past, eventually that band will be there to help...your new best friend.

I'm right there with you, sister! I'm only down 17 lbs, and feel like it should be way more than that! I just had a fill yesterday and it is TIGHT, so I am hoping that now the weight loss will kick into gear. I know I need to weigh my food and stop grazing! And maybe I should start exercising....

Hang in there. There's others in the same boat as yours!

Sheri

I'm right where you are... and trying to make peace with myself about loosing slow. I've lost 40lbs in 2 month 3 times in my life (before band-time) just to feel burned by intense dieting and to gain it all back and then some in no time. This time I'm trying to do it differently. I don't obsess with loosing fast. I've always eat right, I've always exercised... therefore my accent is on eating right portions. And that's how I gauge my success... I was banded in July and so far 5 month is the longest I've ever been in my life on the weight-down-spiral... and that's what makes me happy.

Just remember... if you eat right (most of the time) if your "calories IN" are less than your "calories OUT" (most of the time) you'll lose eventually and you'll keep it off for life. Because of my life-long weight yo-yoing... I make a marathon out of this journey, not a 100m-race.

My God, I was about to write the same post. I lost 20 lbs post op (20 before) and I don't get my first fill until january 14. I just had lunch (taking a class today) and I forgot to pack, so what do they provide? Pasta, greasy meatballs and sinful freaking black forest cheesecake treats. They are still calling my name, but I'm staying strong so far, but I think I had more than 8 oz of food (not sure about my sight measurement). The worst thing is, I had to force myself to stop eating because I'm paranoid about stretching my pouch, so here I sit with my belly growling :-(!

Hang in there. We all need to lean on each other until we get to that sweet spot!!!

I too am finding the holidays difficult to deal with. Not so much because I miss the food but because of the people that I have lost. I always get depressed this time of year, but this year it seems harder then years past. I wonder if this is because I am not turning to food to comfort me as I have in past years. Not really sure!

My friend, she owns the Curves I work out at, told me that maybe I wouldn't lose any weight this month and I should just focus on not gaining. This comment really made me feel much better. She's right, so what! I'm still working out, I'm eating better, not perfect-just better then years past. She also told me to be prepared to get back on track in January. Well, I decided myself to get back on track that very day and I did. No more excuses for me! No more excuses not to work out everyday, no more excuses for having a margarita or two, no more junk food.

Like Nike says, JUST DO IT! Words to live by don't ya think!

Edited by happy2lose

I am 4 months out and have lost 60 pounds. I have no restriction and am doing it on my own. I've done this before, so that's no great accomlishment for me. However, I know that I will soon need some restriction or the weight will start creeping back up. It's hard to maintain strict control all on your own.

During this time of the year, I have to work very hard to keep the depression away. I lost my oldest son during this time and then I lost another one in March. Altho, it has been years since I lost them, every so often, the depression will hit with a vengence again to the point that it feels like it just happened.

The holidays are somewhat depressing anyway and we often "feed" our depression with food/goodies. It's a time to work harder, find ways to defeat the need to eat and stand strong.

Hang in there, try to eat lots of Protein during this time, write in your journal, take walks, or do whatever you do to keep on track. It will be over soon and you can get back in the groove. Good luck.

I'm off to change my ticker.

LollyMoe,

I am so, so sorry for your losses. It is so hard to deal with it this time of year. You sound like a really nice lady and I hope you have a very merry Christmas.