Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Global Warming: Real or hoax?

Is global warming real or a hoax?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Is global warming real or a hoax?

• Yes, it's absolutely real.
    • No, I don't believe it for a minute.
    • I'm not sure

When I was a kid in the late 70s-80s it was very rare for Florida oranges to freeze now its just a way of life, its not uncommon for Florida to hit the 20s-30s sometime during the winter. I believe Jack stated that records show the arctic ice shelves receeding since the 50s. Then why was there global cooling in the70s and why has global warming come about recently? It has been proven throughout the history of the earth that there have been both warming and cooling trends. The dinosauers died millions of years ago because of "the ice age"!

I did a job for people who used solar energy to power their house. The guy told me it cost him about $30,000.00 for the setup(he had his whole back yard and most of his roof full of panels. My friend lives on alot of property alongside a farm. Most farmers in the area have gas wells drilled on their property. He told me he could have a gas well drilled for about $10-15000.00 and alot of the cost was to clear property and put a pretty long road going to the well. I would think the well would be alot more cost effective in the long run and up front. Theres not much to a gas well, where as the solar panels are exposed to the weather. The guy with the solar also had natural gas to his house, sounds to me like this guy had too much money for his own good.

Just one more thing. If Im not mistaken all this Industry regulating bs was started by Reagan, I could be wrong. All I know is when he was pres. most of my family(miners, steelworkers)lost their good paying jobs!

Global warming is a fact. 95% of scientists agree. I am sure there are still some holdouts about whether the earth is round, revolves around the sun and gravity exists. As far as I'm concernced the debate is over.

It's not that China and India don't believe in climate change, they just don't care. The hell with pollution and greenhouse gases, etc.. We have to take the higher road and be responsible stewards of this earth. It's not just an endless banquet for us to feast on.

Did you not read the week long in depth look the PG did about pollution in this area and what dire consequences it has had on our health with death rates far above normal from things like cancer, respiratory disease, etc.? But when the mills were going strong in their heydey, the economy was great, people were working. But they were also polluting the hell out of our air and Water. I am sure that any push to regulate air and Water pollution was met with the same resistance and the same arguments - it will stifle employment, etc.

But if we continue to put our heads in the sand and just kick the can down the road about this issue, then what world are we leaving our children and grandchildren.

I'm sure there are those who would deny what he says:

http://www.msnbc.msn...834383#40834383

Im not 100% convinced it doesnt exist. I dont believe everything printed or written either. Everybody has an agenda. There are a few big supporters of the cause who were caught lying or skewing info to meet their agendas(Scientists, Al Gore). And like I said about Al Gore, how can he cry and support the cause then do nothing to change it in his everyday life? I dont want to repeat everything I've typed before but there are just too many inconsistencies with global warming! Whether China or India dont believe or dont care(probably dont care), we're being left behind. Did you ever think there would come a day when the U.S. had to worry about being passed by India? Its still far off and I in all reallity dont believe we will ever really be passed by either but the thought of us even discussing it is alarming in and of itself!

As far as the website you posted above, I didnt watch because I look at it and see MSNBC and think they have their own agenda as wrong as it may be! It would be the same if it where CNN and especially Fox news but we know you'll never see it on Fox. Just like I believe Hannity and Beck are way over the top Ithink the same of Olberman.

Im not sure of the 95% scientists believe either, maybe 95% of MSNBC scientists. I mostly watch and believe CNN(Anderson Cooper) who by the way needs to come out of the closet already, he gets pretty defensive about the issue!(different subject for a different day)

As with everything else this subject is basically divided between libs, cons. Of course me being ind. Im not sure what to believe so Ill just go with the proven history of the earths climate changes until someone can prove with concrete evidence its not just the biggest scam to date!

Cleo's, you see how everyday since the reps won more seats the Trib has printed about how the jobless benefits are lessening(todays issue) and how the economy will suddenly turn around in the next 2 years. When they where on the outside looking in, just saying "NO" to everything it was going to take at least 8-10 years! This is what I mean, everything is about politics!

I tried watching and am not getting sound but it looks like Fox is claiming ice age, go figure! The funny thing is, it is Olbermann. One extreme to the other!