Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Global Warming: Real or hoax?

Is global warming real or a hoax?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Is global warming real or a hoax?

• Yes, it's absolutely real.
    • No, I don't believe it for a minute.
    • I'm not sure

hey global warming is real... the thing is the effects will come to pass over a long period of time... you may not see it now, but you will see it soon

hey global warming is real... the thing is the effects will come to pass over a long period of time... you may not see it now, but you will see it soon

Does it take a long period or is it soon? Make up your mind.

It's a hoax, plain and simple. The Earth goes through cycles and whether man existed or not, the climates would gradually change.

Haven't you read any of the articles that Jack has linked here?

Yeah, you gonna believe the scientists or your lyin' eyes?

I believe the vast majority of scientists that say global warming is BS. Not the 'tard from Tennessee. :unsure:

I think people don't want to believe anything if it means they'll have to change their lifestyle.

We should get a conscience about how we live. I don't for one minute think that we're all going to perish because we contribute so much to mucking up the environment. But I do think we're stupid to "shit where we live" if you'll pardon the expression.

I think people don't want to believe anything if it means they'll have to change their lifestyle.

We should get a conscience about how we live. I don't for one minute think that we're all going to perish because we contribute so much to mucking up the environment. But I do think we're stupid to "shit where we live" if you'll pardon the expression.

I agree whole-heartedly with you.

We should not be polluting more than we have to but we also should not inconvenience the majority or slow technology by inventing an issue that doesn't exist or taking unneeded steps to prevent something that proves no immediate threat.

A few years ago I visited some friends in Colorado who tried to get me to watch something on global warming, which they believed was taking place. I'll have to send them the links to some of these articles.

Again, thank you Jack.

Debbie

btieger: "We should not be polluting more than we have to but we also should not inconvenience the majority or slow technology by inventing an issue that doesn't exist or taking unneeded steps to prevent something that proves no immediate threat."

Inconvenience is one thing, slowing technology quite another. I agree that not being able to plow a field because they've discovered a little titmouse nest that is endangered is just plain nuts. But where do you draw the line? Is a titmouse too insignificant to worry with but an albino white tiger big enough to care about? Who decides? And don't tell me PETA because they're nuts.

I think it's real and we have an obligation to do something about it. Even if the earth is in a natural warming cycle - we are speeding up the process. Why not err on the side of caution and do what we can by lowering or carbon footprint.

After all - weaning ourselves off fossil fuels can't be a bad thing.

I don't see any political agenda to wanting to be sure we are proper stewards of this planet - but then again - I don't believe in whaling or clubbing baby seals either.

Guess I am just a bed-wetting, bleeding heart liberal.:smile:

Sorry about your personal bed wetting problem but very happy that you are such a bright person.

No and yes. I think this happens naturally. Things change, the world gets hotter and colder. It has over the millions of years. I don't believe anything we do as a country causes it... hasn't tons of the things in Al Gore's movie been proven false? I think of it as like a cult.

I guess believe what you want, but more so I don't believe we should base our economy on "green jobs" and energy savings. I don't see a future there. Also there are plenty of countries that don't give a crap. The less we pollute and less productive we become, the more China will pollute and the more productive they will be come. Also none of the 3rd world countries or less fortunate countries will ever become compliant it's too expensive.

[heisted from another forum]

US Weather Bureau Report

The Arctic ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the Water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consul Ifft, at Bergen, Norway. Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers, he declared, all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone.

Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met with as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes. Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulfstream still very warm. Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared. Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts, which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds.

Oh...I'm sorry, I neglected to mention this report was from November 2, 1922 as reported by the AP and published in The Washington Post.

After the warm weather of the 1930s gave way to a cooling trend beginning in 1940, the media began speculating on the imminent arrival of a new Ice Age.

We have now come full circle, mired in a hopeless cycle of reincarnated ignorance. H. L. Mencken understood this process when he explained "the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary."

How can you be so sure the people putting these charts out dont have a vested interest in this. Dennis Miller had a Time magazine(I believe from 1970)It talked about global cooling on the cover! Al Gore confessed about lying about something recently I believe dealing with global warming. Penn State scientists were caught lying about skewed information regarding global warming. Like George Carlin said, how can throwing an aluminum can on the ground be considered littering, it came from mother nature to begin with!

Not enough concrete evidence to support it . Al Gore still drives his big cars, flies his big jets.(dont tell me about buying carbon offsets, what the hell does that mean anyway?). I heard a few years ago that all of Gores house use more electricity in a year than most of Iraq! Again, its do as I say not as I do! Its just the curerent money maker. Theres never going to be a solution to solve the problem, just keep giving money to research. Just like diseases, there will never be a cure for cancer, aids, etc because theres no money in cures. They talk about how bad CO2 is but trees need it to survive and produce oxygen so we can survive. Cows "passing gas" is a big contributor, give me a break!

Like someone said above, I believe its just the natural cycles of the earth.

No and yes. I think this happens naturally. Things change, the world gets hotter and colder. It has over the millions of years. I don't believe anything we do as a country causes it... hasn't tons of the things in Al Gore's movie been proven false? I think of it as like a cult.

I guess believe what you want, but more so I don't believe we should base our economy on "green jobs" and energy savings. I don't see a future there. Also there are plenty of countries that don't give a crap. The less we pollute and less productive we become, the more China will pollute and the more productive they will be come. Also none of the 3rd world countries or less fortunate countries will ever become compliant it's too expensive.

Your right about the no future in green jobs. Thats like E-ethynol gas made from corn. What a hoax, all it did was raised the price of corn(food in general) all over the world. George Bush admitted it was a mistake, among many things actually everytrhing he did!

Think about it, China and India's economies are prospering, growing at alarming rates why, among the many things these countries buy, buying into global warming isnt one of them! U.S.A., U.K., France, (European Union) have deteriorating economies growing at a snails pace if at all, why, we believe in global warming. So lets regulate our industry to the point where they cant afford to prosper here in turn leaving for China and India where there are no regulations! Now people in this country cant afford to buy cars because theyre way overpriced because of emissions regulations, oh and because there are no good paying jobs left here because they all went to China and India. In the 70-80s good paying industrial jobs where everywhere, now our leading field is the low paying service industry! In turn we will be falling behind China in 10-20 years because they werent stupid enough to buy into it! Basically the world still produces the same amount of pollutants

(just the other side of the world now)which cause acid rain as it always did, oh no, thats what they called it in the 70-80s, I meant greenhouse gases, the ones that are eating away the ozone layer(because we had high hair in the 80s and needed alot of aerosol hairspray cans(see if we just would have used "the pump"), actually thats what it was called in the 80-90s(you get the picture here)its now betrween global warming leading to climate change!

WHAT A MONEY MAKING CROCK!

Think about it, China and India's economies are prospering, growing at alarming rates why, among the many things these countries buy, buying into global warming isnt one of them! U.S.A., U.K., France, (European Union) have deteriorating economies growing at a snails pace if at all, why, we believe in global warming. So lets regulate our industry to the point where they cant afford to prosper here in turn leaving for China and India where there are no regulations! Now people in this country cant afford to buy cars because theyre way overpriced because of emissions regulations, oh and because there are no good paying jobs left here because they all went to China and India. In the 70-80s good paying industrial jobs where everywhere, now our leading field is the low paying service industry! In turn we will be falling behind China in 10-20 years because they werent stupid enough to buy into it! Basically the world still produces the same amount of pollutants

(just the other side of the world now)which cause acid rain as it always did, oh no, thats what they called it in the 70-80s, I meant greenhouse gases, the ones that are eating away the ozone layer(because we had high hair in the 80s and needed alot of aerosol hairspray cans(see if we just would have used "the pump"), actually thats what it was called in the 80-90s(you get the picture here)its now betrween global warming leading to climate change!

WHAT A MONEY MAKING CROCK!