Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just for Fun ... Describe yourself to me!

Hi all,

I had a thread like this in the general support forum, but thought I'd like to try it again, because I liked hearing what people looked like.

I'm totally blind, and while I'm sure the pictures here look great, my screen reader doesn't tell me what's on them. (It just says graphic!)

I've wanted to have someone help me post one of my own, but that hasn't happened yet. I'd like to do before and after, even though I'm definitely not at goal yet.

Sooo ... tell me what you look like! Describe yourself to me! And you can tell me if you want me to do the same, but if I do it now, I'm afraid it will sound like an ad for some personal column! LOL!

Debbie

This is such a great idea! And since nobody else has responded yet, I guess I'll be the first to take the leap:smile2:

I'm a 21 year old female. I'm pretty short, just 5'2". Right now I'm about 215 pounds, 20 down from surgery yay! I have petite face features, the two things people comment most on are my long eye lashes and nice teeth. Otherwise nothing stands out too much. I carry my weight fairly evenly, but like lots of women my midsection is definitely my trouble area. I have long wavy blonde hair, and sometimes I wear thick framed glasses that make me look like a librarian:wink2: Oh and I'm very fair; you know the blonde hair, blue eyed, light skinned type.

I would love to hear you describe yourself! Let's see what image I come up with in my mind!

I'm tall - 5ft 10, and fairly willowy with long arms and legs. I'm pear shaped, have a really shapely upper body and a nice flat stomach, but am a bit wobbly below the waist, lol.

Naturally I'm medium brown haired, fairly olive skinned, but freckly caucasion olive, not that wonderful mediterranean skin - of course, like so many Australians I have Irish and English heritage and nothing exotic. At the moment, my hair is the most revolting colour, I'm fairly grey and was colouring it myself a nice cool darkish brown with NO red (my hair throws red highlights naturally) and I loved it but my hairdresser convinced me that I was wrecking it, it was getting too dark in the ends and time to get it done professionally. It is now the most horrid ginger colour after she stripped all the old colour out of it, I'm NOT happy at all but she insists its a work in progress. She's a great cutter luckily! I have one of those wedge bobs, long at the front, short at the back, I'm a bit fussy, and straighten my hair perfectly smooth every day, its naturaly very fuzzy.

I'm fussy about my hands too, I have nice hands, long fingers.

Otherwise nothing much stands out, I have green eyes, but they're a little on the small side, and a slightly weak chin, in my fantasies I have a beautiful jaw line. I'm fairly ordinary looking - not ugly and not gorgeous.

I dont like make up and anything that looks "unnatural". Hate hate hate a full face of make up for daytime, and cant stand hair product and big hair and stuff like that. I dress very casually, you'd never catch me in stilletos just to go shopping.

Since I lost weight, I look fairly tall and I've finally got that fit body I wanted, I look athletic and fit.

Thank you ladies! Ok, here goes!

I'm African-American, though I refer to myself as black. I am five feet five (or six) inches tall, and my skin is a rich chocolate color, so I've been told. My hair is, according to my hairdresser, sable brown, which, again according to him, is very dark, almost black. I have high cheekbones, there's a bit of Native American--Cherokee or Choctaw, I can't remember which--on my mother's side.

I've always been told that I look much younger than my 54 years; my skin is pretty smooth and clear.

My eyes are brown, but I have cataracts which gives them a filmy bluish color, someone said once.

It's my stomach I can't wait to get rid of, though I'm pretty well proportioned, solid, people have said. So the weight is coming off all over, but I can't help focusing on my middle. I'm noticing the back fat getting smaller, and my clothes tell me I'm losing, so I try to hold on to those things. :thumbup:

Debbie

Well, let's see, I too am tall, 5'9". I am now what I would call an average build, although much more top heavy than bottom. Sounds like combined Jachut and I could make 2 very well built women!!! LOL. I carry no excess weight in my hips, they tend to run to the boyish thin----not the curves I would like! Meanwhile I still even after weight loss, have DD's. Which when trying to buy clothes stands for Double Dammit!

I am, 49 years old....therefore my skin is not as taut as I would like for it to be, however I have not wrinkled as badly as many of my former classmates. Of course there are also those that still look much better!!! LOL

I have long, wavy, to downright curly, dark blonde/light brown hair. I have large blue/gray eyes, and thanks to an orthodontist years ago, and a good dentist more recently, straight, fairly white teeth! I do my best to smile....trying to believe that my mood is what I make it....so I am trying!

Several years ago, my hair was much lighter blonde and straight as a stick. Then I lost it all with chemo, and when it grew back it was totally different, both in color and texture---now I really don't know what to do with it, so just do a wash & wear! I hate messing with it, and taking time to "do" it.

I wear make up, but not a lot. Most of the time, you will find me in jeans, and casual tops with either my Sketchers or my riding boots. Summer I live in flip flops.

Almost always I will have small hoops or even smaller diamonds on for earrings, one in each ear (which are smallish ears by the way), no other piercings. No tattoos. Several scars.

I wear a watch,and my wedding rings on my left, and a small gold and diamond ring on my right hand.

I love the question, and am anxious to see how others look too!!! You can go with yours now, we know you are not writing a personal ad!!!

I am 5 foot nothing and currently weigh 121lb. I used to have natural blonde hair but it has darkened with age so now it is highlighted. I also have a couple of dark purple streaks - getting more adventurous in my old age. It is layered but a bit shorter than I would like as my hairdresser cut it wonky so to even it out it had to get cut shorter. it looks good when i can be bothered to straighten it.

I have brown eyes and a small slightly upturned nose. Not too many wrinkles. I am always been told that I look much younger than i am - particularly now that I have lost weight. I have fair but not pale skin. I don't wear lost of makeup unless I am going out. Can't be bothered with painting my nails though I do my toes sometimes. The varnish always lasts longer on toes than on fingers.

I have fairly nice legs. Small narrow hips and my bust is OK although a bit lopsided. LOL. My problem area is my midsection where I am still carrying a spare tyre.

Thank you, Kat817 and Elcee.

I've often thought of wearing earrings, but I'm a big chicken, so never had the nerve to get my ears pierced. And I've always wanted long, straight hair. Only recently have I begun to like the texture, though I'd love to have more than I do.

I've always been lucky as far as my teeth, which are beautiful, I'm told. People have always commented on the fact that I have a beautiful smile.

Debbie

Hi Serenity!

Here’s me…

I’m just shy of 5’6”. I have very curly middle back length hair with blonde highlights. I am half Mexican and half Filipina and half white (if that makes any sense!) I am turning 36 next week but I’ve been told many times I look mid twenties! Not a bad thing at all… LOL!

I have slightly asian eyes, rootbeer brown color. Yes, they’ve been described that color before! J I have long eyelashes and thin eyebrows. I have a slightly wide nose and thin lips. I love to wear lots of makeup!

My skin is an light golden brown and gets darker in the Summer.

I am 247 Lbs, and started at 330! Not bad eh? I am pear shaped. On my top half I wear a 38D bra and size XL or 1X. On my bottom half I wear any sizes between 16 through 20 if I like them more baggy.

I wear a size 9M shoe.

Well I hope that describes me well! This was fun J

Hey LilMiss!

What a great description of yourself! I can't wait until I've lost as much as you have. That's fantastic!

You were one of the first people to encourage me when I was struggling to be banded, and I'll always remember that. Thank you for that, and for posting here!

Debbie!

Hey LilMiss!

What a great description of yourself! I can't wait until I've lost as much as you have. That's fantastic!

You were one of the first people to encourage me when I was struggling to be banded, and I'll always remember that. Thank you for that, and for posting here!

Debbie!

You’re so sweet to remember that. J I remember too actually, and I’m so proud to see you’re doing well. Keep on keeping on and you will get there! I’m actually stuck and have been for some time. Now I’ll take my own advice and just finish it out… haha J

I want to join in on this thread. I used to measure 5'6 but because of getting older and arthritis over the years, I am now 5'4 (or so). I have always wanted to be tall. My aunt who is three years older than me is 5'11 and 1/2 and I always wanted to be that tall. Unfortunately, I don't think that is going to be happening for me.

I have bone straight blond hair that I am always trying to bend or fluff up. I have blue eyes and I am quite fair. I have real problems trying to get a "tan" in the summer.

I've always liked my teeth because they are pretty straight. So that the grey hair doesn't show up, I have my hair highlighted.

My shoe size has shrunk since I've lost weight. I am from a size 9 wide to an 8 medium.

My rings on my fingers spin around since I've lost weight. Some day soon I want to have them resized.

The part of my body I am starting to like is that I have a pretty small waist and I'm actually considered "petite." I have been buying petite size dresses and pants. I have NEVER thought of being "petite" anything. Its a new way of thinking about myself.

I think I ran out of adjectives. This was a challenging thread because you really have to think of yourself in a different way.

Ellen, thank you!

Since you know me, you can tell me if the description I gave is accurate.

Funny, I remember asking you once jokingly if you were blonde. You said yes, but I never thought about what color your eyes might be.

You're doing great!

Thank you to yet another supportive bandster!

Debbie

Ok, sounds fun, but hard to discribe myself, here goes :

I am 5'7" tall, but many people tell me I look taller than that. My hair is very fine thin and very straight. My natural color is medium brown, but I get highlights to make it look dark golden blonde. My hairstyle is straight out of the 70's / feathered. If I had thick enough hair I would have a "Farrah". But since I don't have that think stuff I wear it shorter than Farrah. (my husband's hair is straight out of the 70's too. His is like John Travolta's was in "Welcome back Kotter", but much lighter in color. lol we are quite a pair I guess)

I curl my hair with a good old fashoned curling Iron.

I feel like my nose is kinda big. Itialian nose. I am Itialian/ Irish/ and Mutt.

I have a complection kinda like a redhead with freckles, but also have sun damage from many years of tanning when I was younger. I do wear makeup, but not overdone. I have green/hazel eyes that are fairly large. I wear thin eyeliner and mascarra. Thin foundation to even the splotches. Some blush. No lipstick.

I have straight teeth because I finally got braces when I was 36 (glad I did). My body type is hourglass when I'm not obese. I think the bottom of the hourglass tends to be a bit larger than the top. My thighs stay larger. My poor saggy boobs are shrinking. I have gone from a DD to a D already and I hope they stop shrinking at a C when I get to goal.

I have very strong, think, rounded fingernails, so can wear them long naturally. I don't wear them "dragonlady long". I will cut them back if they get too long. I always wear nail polish, but never red or orange. I usually wear some sort of pink or mauve color polish.

I wear scrubs for work and have a little OCD when it comes to color matching. I have different color tennis shoes to go with each different color of scrubs. On the weekends I like jeans. When I am down to a decent size I like getting the high waisted jeans like rockies or ropers. They are cut with a high small waist and fuller hips and tend to run long. I hate wearing "high waters."

I have small feet for my body size..... 7 1/2 shoe.

I guess that's it .......

Edited by Humming Bird
spelling

Humming Bird, you made me think of something else.

I used to wear fingernail polish, and I loved pink, but I stopped wearing it because it was always chipping. I can't ever have my nails long because I'm a pianist, but I've always liked "seeing" other people's. One of my sisters used to have really long nails.

I loved your description! Thank you!

Edited by serenity55