Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone have high blood pressure ?

do you have high bloodpressure ? and when you had the surgery did it go up more or lowered? meaning from the anesthesia

do you have high bloodpressure ? and when you had the surgery did it go up more or lowered? meaning from the anesthesia

I was banded on Nov. 3, 2009. My high blood pressure after surgery was normal.:wink2:

Mine went up after surgery for a while...meaning several weeks. But after the birth of my kids, my BP did the same thing, so I think that's just how my body reacts to major changes. And actually, mine has been a little higher than it was before surgery, which is strange b/c you would think after losing 37 lbs, it would go down some. My surgeon isn't worried about it, though.....

Hi Skinny 31,

I would not worry about it. Keep up the good work, youre doing great.:wink2:

N.Alvarez

Mine went up after surgery for a while...meaning several weeks. But after the birth of my kids, my BP did the same thing, so I think that's just how my body reacts to major changes. And actually, mine has been a little higher than it was before surgery, which is strange b/c you would think after losing 37 lbs, it would go down some. My surgeon isn't worried about it, though.....

HI,

Mine is high as well. I'm worried that the doctor will not band me if it is high the day of my surgery 12/3. Does anyone know how high it has too be before surgery is denied? Mine is around 141/85 right now.

I had HBP controlled by meds before surgery. I've lost a good bit of weight, but I still haven't been able to cut down on my meds without my BP going up again. :rolleyes:

They can control your blood pressure in the operating room and I believe they take your anxiety into consideration as well when they take your blood pressure.

I took my blood pressure medications as always the day before surgery but nothing the day of surgery...and my PCP took me off ALL my medications as of that day and I've never taken another pill of any kind since then. The numbers just get better as the pounds continue to come off.

Just take a deep breath. It will be okay.

i have a lower bmi and was actually approved for surgery from insurance because of my hypertension. the day of surgery i was not allowed to take my medication. they were well aware of this. i was fine during surgery. i also was able to take anxiety medication as i was soooo nervous!!! i think you shouldn't worry about this-you'll be fine!!! good luck-lisa6:thumbup:

I dont remember if it was high right after surgery, but I went to Dr. last week and it was best its been in 5 years! I am 7 weeks post op and have lost about 40lbs since surgery and it has come down around 30-40 points. It was 112 over 64 best it has been in years, still about 75lbs from goal, but bp is on its way to being normal again. Cant wait to quit takin them bp pills!:rolleyes:

I dont remember if it was high right after surgery, but I went to Dr. last week and it was best its been in 5 years! I am 7 weeks post op and have lost about 40lbs since surgery and it has come down around 30-40 points. It was 112 over 64 best it has been in years, still about 75lbs from goal, but bp is on its way to being normal again. Cant wait to quit takin them bp pills!:w00t:

Congrats on your weight lost and low bp. I had my surgery yesterday and my bp was 140/87. They thought it was good and considered surgery anxiety.