Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you drink soda?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you drink soda?

• No
    • Yes but my doc said I couldn't
    • Yes but my doc said I could

Nope, my doctor said no carbonation ever.

i do not drink soda.. my surgeon said no. and i stay away.. i accidentaly had some once tho. my mom made a alcoholis beverage for a party we had i though it was like a punch not realizing it had soda in it. i only drank a lil and my tummy started to hurt. and then i figured out why. soo i would just stay away from it.

I was banded on 7/16/2009. I used to drink one pepsi everyday at 2:00pm. I have not had one since surgery, I really don't even want one. My surgeon said no soda for 6 months, but I doubt I will ever go back. It's just not good for you and I have beat the craving.

Agree Boss Lady. They’re really serve no purpose. They don’t even taste good to me anymore… except as one person mentioned, the rootbeer floats. That at least is worth it to me.

I found that drinking sodas (mostly caffeine free diet coke) was just a habit for me. I've had some sips here and there, and probably part of the reason I don't find them refreshing anymore is not drinking them straight up and bubbly. I've had champagne on a few occasions since surgery, but it's not a chugging drink like a soda and it's not a 12 or 16 oz or more serving (at least for me), so the bubbles didn't come back up. I was never a two-liter a day soda drinker in the first place, but I generally drank one or two cans/small bottles a day pre-band. I don't miss them in the least.

Prior to surgery, I was a carbonation addict...sugar free pop and flavored waters and Perrier. I'm only a week past surgery with no fills and even though I know I can drink it without 'pain', I'm getting into good habits for later.

I bought some crystal lite, but to be honest, I've been sticking pretty much to plain Water.

My Dr. said absolutely no to anything carbonated. Soda, beer (that one hurt), anything. And if that's part of the price I have to pay then that's the deal. I will not drink a carbonated beverage.

My nutrishonist went as far as saying she doesn't want me to get any calories from beverages. They will pour right through the band and defeat the purpose of having it. So no fruit juice either.

I will have an adult beverage in social situations but never one with carbonation.

weight.png

No I don't drink soda or have even tried drinking any carbonated drinks since my surgery. Has anyone tried Beer? And if so what happened.

Just as an FYI, root beer isn't as strongly carbonated as other pops, unless it's a fountain pop, in which case it's the same as the pepsi etc., but canned or bottled root beer isn't as carbonated. It has something to do with the flavour.

I AM allowed 1 a day, I choose not to drink pop anymore,but on a RARE occasion I will have 1, usually a fountain soda with lots of ice, but I noticed how much it burns now than before when I drank up to 6 or more of dt. dew a day prior to Mr. B..It's what I call my band! LOL

I miss soda! But its really not that hard to give up.

I got banded Nov 6 and havent had a drop. I use to drink about 6 diet coke cans a day, maybe more. It was my super comfort food. I usually realied on them for energy. But Im scared that the bubbles will pop the band, silly I know. I use to get Migraines from withdrawal, but I guess my body knows I cant have it, so it hasnt punished me with them!

I haven't had a soda since July 8, 2009 and on occasions, I still miss it.

So, that's 4 months for me.

My surgeon said for at least the first six months I couldn't have pop (Michigan slang for soda). I was a Diet Pepsi freak and had one with me at all times -- morning til night. I stopped drinking pop in February -- 2 weeks before my surgery and I'm past my six month mark. Honestly I'm afraid to ask my surgeon if I can drink any now because I don't want to go back to wanting it all the time. I'm afraid that if I had one pop I'd be right back where I used to be and I'd ruin my band. So for me no pop is better than trying to drink it in moderation.

My surgeon said never again, he even told me no caffeine, which I am really bummed about because I LOVE coffee. I asked him why on the caffeine and he said sometimes it is not tolerated well and why would you want to put something into your body with no nutrional value.....and I said becuase I love the taste of it:-) He is a very all natural kind a guy.

Has anyone drank coffee?

I drink diet pop almost on a regular basis. I make sure I sip it and it doesn't affect me any.