Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sorry...just so irritated!!!!!!!!!!

thank u all so much......we took our kids to the zoo over the weekend and while she ate candied almonds and kettle corn without having to worry about putting any of her weight back on...i was able to walk up and down hills and all over the zoo without even breaking a sweat....she needed to sit down every 5 minutes to rest....my ability to be so much more physically active was much more sweeter than the popcorn and almonds...

Girl, I feel so sorry for your friend. When that honeymoon period is over and she starts to gain the weight back because she's no working her program as she should then she will see and realize the importance of "WORKING" it. Right now she's enjoying the pure weight loss aspect of it but soon that will be over and she will need you for guidence! You may give her 1 "I told you so's" but then you'll have to point her in the right direction - the gym & portion control! LMAO

I think the habits will catch up with her in the end. With RNY their seems to be a point you stop losing and start gaining as the body adjusts to the Malapsorption. Over 5 years the loss is close to identical with RNY. Your loss is great and I wouldn't worry about comparisons. I have a friend in the company and he had RNY. Used to weigh 525 and he now weighs 250. He could not be more supportive. That is what friends do.

Greg

Although I am still in the process and awaiting a date I can relate to that feeling of frustration when you feel as if someone is competing with you. A coworker had gastric last year and our relationship has suffered since she found out I am trying to get lapband. While I can applaud her weight loss, she, like your friend did it without doing the "work" and if she would have done more of it, probably would have lost more and/or would not have alot of the issues I see (mentally and physically) which steered me away from wanting gastric. She has been steadfast with providing me anything negative about lap band especially pointing out how the weight loss will be slower or not as much. It took me a while before I realized her comments were coming from a place that fears I will steal her thunder. Initally I tried to make her understand my goal wasn't to lose x amount of pounds as much as it was to just feel better (mentally and physically) but despite this she just seem to get more nasty as I completed phases of the process even resorting to taking jabs at my size (as if she was never had a weight issue) and at that point, I realize she was just being a hater. Pure and simple. You are pounds away from your goals. Celebrate your success and leave the haters where they lie..sitting around worried about you. Congratulations on your achievement and I wish you continued success.

OMG i feel like i wrote this post my best friend had GB about 4 years ago and she lost about 200lbs and now that I'm beeing banded I only have 70 lbs to loose and she has become a hater. She was one of the first people i told i had been approved. So she took it upon herself to send out a mass text message out, to all our friends and family that read " Emily is being banded she is going to give me a run for my money" I was like WTF was that all about. Everyone was like whats her problem? she didnt seem to think that she was beeing a hater lol.. But this is life I guess I will have to deal with it and drop these pounds.

Edited by soocalchic

I just found out my close friend re joined WW the week I was banded and I think she feels she can lose just as well, if not better than the band. I know she can be disciplined as I have seen her lose 70 or 80 lbs in the past. I know from past conversations, she feels any of the surgeries are "cheating" and not doing the work. How wrong she is.