Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

I haven't gotten on the scale yet...I need to go buy a really good one plus I am waiting for my 2 week post-op appointment. I knew I was going to have some swelling right after surgery and didn't want to get on the scale and get disappointed. But I know it's going down!! :unsure:

Jen, I was really bloated too and it lasted about 5 days. Once the bloating went away, my appetite returned, but nothing like before the surgery.

I took Metformin before my surgery to help contol blood sugar. Since the pills are so large I could not take it for a few days. My Dr. told me to monitor my blood sugar to see how I would do post surgery without it. I have been monitoring my blood sugar and since my surgery a week ago and so far my sugar levels have been normal. I am so excited, that is one RX I may be able to quit.

HEEEEY JAN BANDS!!!!

I got on the scale the night after my banding as I stayed overnight in the hospital and the night nurse had me walk to the scale and weighed me. Now I weigh myself every morning at home.

Re the drinking while eating thing...I don't see why this rule would apply until after you've had a fill. If you have no restriction...what's the point?

I am adding a Protein Shake to my daily intake as I've been feeling kind of shaky and light-headed at times. I really hate all of 'em. Bought some injury -- has anyone else tried it? Plan to add the chicken flavor to the chicken Soup I'm making.

I see my surgeon on Feb. 2 and hope he'll be giving me my first fill then.

Hang in there, mah sistuhs!

BANDED (BOFINGERED) - JAN 12

WEIGHT JAN 12 - 255

LOSS TO DATE: 14 LBS.

Hi everyone!

I was banded January 25! Looking forward to sharing this journey and learning from all of you!

I was banded on Jan. 26. Surgery went well and post op seems to be doing fine. Looking forward to getting to know you guys.

Joyce

I weighed myself 2 days after surgery and had lost 2 lbs. I'm averaging about 1.5 lbs a day. But i was told to eat Clear Liquids for 2 weeks and then liquids for two more weeks . I just started the liquid faze this past week. I felt bloated when I got home, so I did some light bowling on my Wii sport and it worked the gas out of me. Only had to take pain meds for 3 nights and that's all.

weight.png

Edited by smoogee10

Today is day 3 post op and I lost 4 pounds....only because I have NO appetite....

Today the swelling went down a bit (as I sit here with a heating pad on my stomach)... so I did each a bit more of mushies (doc had me clear liquid one day, full liquid two days, pureed for two weeks)...

So I am eating mushy stuff... applesauce, Tomato soup.. creamy chicken soup... actually still liking the warm chicken broth...

One thing I did to satisfy my head need for cravings is that instead of eating a handful of m&m's... I melt one in my mouth...

Surprisingly... it satisfies the craving to be naughty....

So.. tomorrow I won't get on the scale.. I will do it every other day I think for the first month... simply out of curiosity and to see how fast this baby can take me...kinda taking it for a test drive I say.....

I will be the last of the January bandsters as my surgery is on Sunday 1/31. I am so excited. Can't wait to share my experience with all of you.

I`m not a Milk or Milkshake person by any means........ice cream,cheese, ok. But I was excited about a high Protein (CLEAR) drink that was not of milk shake design. ISO-Pure was VILE...Period! ALL flavours to me tasted like car anti-freeze with a slippery glucose slime aftertaste. Sorry, I like the idea, but for me...it`s back to the drawing board on this product!

LOL about Isopure. I got some to try, but haven't gotten the courage to do so yet after hearing some of the reviews. The majority have said to cut it in half with Water and add some Crystal Lite for some added flavor. I have tried Cytomax Cytosport Cytomax Protein RTD Watermelon (20 Oz X 12 Bottles)

Not too bad once I split the bottle in half with water. Somewhat like a jollyrancher with a bit of an after taste. It makes for a nice alternative to the milky shakes.< /p>

I think I will try your idea with the Isopure. So far it's nasty. Feels like it leaves a coating on my teeth. Disgusting.

Hey all...

I need help. I am SO sick of being on the post-op diet. I am now at the pureed stage. I started liquids 1/5 and now am in pureed. Blah. My weight loss has also slowed, so I am going to be keeping a food diary and began exercising yesterday. I've lost 19.5 lbs.

Is anyone in this stage too? How are you handling it? I'd appreciate any advice.

Oh geez - can anyone give me directions on how to get my ticker on my signature?

Is anyone besides me watching Lifetime right now.. the movie "lying to be perfect" there is a woman who is getting lapbanded.. I can't wait to see what happens.. another hour to go.....

Hey all...

I need help. I am SO sick of being on the post-op diet. I am now at the pureed stage. I started liquids 1/5 and now am in pureed. Blah. My weight loss has also slowed, so I am going to be keeping a food diary and began exercising yesterday. I've lost 19.5 lbs.

Is anyone in this stage too? How are you handling it? I'd appreciate any advice.

I've actually kinda enjoyed the pureed stage. I do eat alot of tuna and crab salads, but it's been okay, especially coming straight off a month long liquid diet. When I saw the doc last week, he told me to be prepared for a couple of pounds to come back on once food is added in. And from everything I've read here, the first month to 6 weeks will be slow losing. Just something we have to deal with and just stick to it!