Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jacqui, the rhodium plating works great. That's actually how white gold is made anyway, so it's really no different. My daugther had an antique yellow gold ring dipped and it turned out really beautiful.

I had the same problem with my rings they are to big. But instead of sizing it I had ring guards put in until I loose all my weight so I don't have to keep resizing my rings.

Really? That's interesting. it just bothers me because on my other hand I have my grandmother's engagement ring which is a gorgeous platinum and diamond number and then I have these yellow gold rings - lovely rings and the setting is nice, but they just dont go with the rest of the type of jewellery I wear.

It won't hurt to give it a try. I think it can be reversed too if you didn't like it, but I can't imagine you wanting to go back to yellow gold if you wear platinum and white gold mostly.

Now you have my curiosity up. Any pics of the rings? I love antiques, especially jewlery.

Jacqui, it sounds like you really love your grandmother's rings. Our tastes are always changing, so why not wear your grandmother's rings and just enjoy them?! :frown::eek: Tell your hubby that you love your gold rings, but for right now, you're going to put them away for safe keeping. Then you can take your time and decide what you really want to do with the gold rings. :blink:

my rings no longer fit

i'm going out tonight to find a ring snuggie! You guys are the greatest. I've been so disappointed that i've not been able to wear my bands and i won't re size them for at least another 6 months. i've gone from a ring size 10 to an 8 1/2 at the moment. and i'm about 3 weeks away from my 6 month mark. 50 lbs lost officially as of this morning!

I haven't been able to wear my rings for about two months now. They were really loose, but I wore them anyway. BAD IDEA! I was at Bristol Motor Speedway looking at the lights with my husband and nephew when I heard something clink. One of my rings was on the racetrack! Luckily, I found it. Now, I am just wearing a "right hand" diamond ring I already had but couldn't wear in place of my wedding set until I get where I'm going and then I'll have them resized. I've never had luck with ring guards. And, yes, I have the snuggies, too.

Congratulations on your weight loss! My rings kept spinning and I'm not ready to have them re-sized with a jeweler until I lose more weight. Someone suggested those plastic huggies. I bought that in the jewelry section at Walmart last weekend. They really help. They feel weird for a few days and then you forget that they are there.

I told my husband that I want a new setting for xmas next year! Thats an awesome reward and I do not have to worry about this resizing business.

P.S. That was the first time I referred to him as my husband. I GOT MARRIED TODAY!

I told my husband that I want a new setting for xmas next year! Thats an awesome reward and I do not have to worry about this resizing business.

P.S. That was the first time I referred to him as my husband. I GOT MARRIED TODAY!

CONGRATULATIONS!:thumbup:

Congratulations on your marriage. Wishing you both lots of happiness together.

It sounds like your new hubby not only gave you an incentive to have your rings re-sized in the future but something to look forward to. I like his style and encouragement.

I have used the snuggies. I have also had them slip off the ring, then had the ring slip off my finger. So keep a close eye on them.

I went from a size 6 to a 4.5 on my left hand. Also now I can barely get my rings over my knuckles, but they still spin. So I am in search of an eternity band that can spin away and still show diamonds all the time!

HiMow, CONGRATS! Whatchu doin' on the computer?!?!?! :thumbup:

You are right about the snuggies. They are not perfect. I love your idea of an eternity ring. They are so beautiful and when they spin, you won't miss their beauty. I guess the lapbanders who love jewelry will work around this side effect of losing weight. Its amazing the ideas we get from this site to help with our journey.