Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Just lost a long post, to my own stupidity! Grrrr

Lets see.....recap

Got all ready straightened hair, and then noticed it was raining.....poof hello curls!

Coat is in the car......

DS left message for Rick, semi apologizing---but yet mostly chastizing him! Says he knows Rick is mad at him but don't take it out on Connor! Hellooooo???? He is the one who banned us from Tball! Now he is trying to make Rick feel bad because Connor misses him at practice. But he will not acknowledge HE SAID IT!!! Besides the fact, that all went down before the change at work, and now Rick is working later, and cannot make practice anyway. And inferred that he didn't answer because he was mad.....uh no! If he is off work and not on call, that phone is turned OFF!

Worries me he has worse problems than I am already worried about.......

Anyway I am off to help Rick pick out glasses.

BBL

Will be sending an email to you all---Michelle I don't have an email, so will send it private message to your FB ----- all when I get back.

Morning!

Kat, what a mess! I feel bad for you and Rick.

I thought I gave you my e-mail! FB is fine and I'll send you my e-mail so you have it.

I have a bunch of work to do this AM and don't want to do it. Feel crappy and just want to sleep.< /p>

Looking at the calendar and realized that I need to do quarterly payroll stuff for the church BEFORE surgery. I'll be out of it, maybe, when it's due.

Surgery on Monday, the 26th, due Friday, the 30th. Hmmm, doesn't compute very well. And if I left it to do after surgery, with my luck, something would go wrong and I'd have to spend the week in the hospital! LOL!!

Yep, gonna take care of it before-hand!

Well, heck. Better go. Check out FB then I've got to get some work done!

Whoops! Hit send before I meant to.

Wanted to add a request.

If y'all could keep my mom in your thoughts today. She's in surgery right now for her back. I'm hoping to hear something from my step-dad later this afternoon.

Thanks.

Any news on your mom michelle?

I am here everyone...had a good nights sleep even though that seems like it was DAYS ago. lol

Cindy, I like the 2nd pic most. She looks like it was a genuine smile. I love all 3 but 2 is my fav.

michelle-your new dog is CUTE! and i like the new name better too (if i can remember what it was...i know i like it better though)

Kat-any more news about the move for ds?

Suzanne & Jenn- ((((hugs))))

I know i am forgetting to say something, but what else is new?

Long day but a GOOD day.

Just got home from seeing the Pulmonologist and all is WELL. Barring any problems coming from the Berylium leak, I don't need to see her anymore. She said the cyst are common and will cause me no harm. She said they are filled with Fluid right now but that I don't need to worry about them. She said it was a go for my hernia surgery, that the anesthesia will not be a problem. I did point out to her that in the report is showed gallstones so I am going to ask the Doc if he will take that out while he's in there. She said don't be surprised than if he has me spend the night in the hospital for a dual surgery. I did tell her that I didn't really want the surgery because right now I am losing weight. She said that she understood but also said that I needed to have it, she said that I could cause serious problems to my Lungs and esophagus. The acid would burn them and scare them and then I would be in a heap of trouble. So tomorrow morning I will call the Band Doc and get everything set up.

I told her several times, "It's a Great Day". She laughed and said that I made her day because it is not often that she gets to give good news to people.

Michelle, I'm saying my prayers for your Mom and you. 2 years ago when my sister had her back surgery, she was on the table for over 10 hours. They had told us it would take 8.5 to 9 hours. We were pacing that last hour. Good Luck.

Kat, You know how I feel about drama. And I had my fill of it today with the sis. I'm keeping you and Rick in my prayers also.

Tracy, I sure hope you had another great eating day. I'm so proud of you.

Hi Cindy.

Jenn, hope you are having a great time at your new job.

Suzanne, I told you so on FB, which is where I read the great news first, but it brought tears to my eyes!! I am SOOOO glad you got a great report! It IS a good day!!!!

There will be a good deal of prayers of thanks today I bet!!!

Michelle, hope your Mom is out soon, and you hear good news on it too!

My FIL had part of his roto rooter thing done yesterday, and the Dr. said the prostate looked good, no signs of cancer. All good. They will stretch it some more in a month or so.

Tracy, nothing more. DH wants to talk to DS man to man, face to face. We do not want him to leave feeling like we are mad at him. We are mad, but mostly, just extremely disappointed, and worried for him, and mostly for his kids. When there is no Dad to yell and carry on at---we don't want it involving his kids. We look for either his job or his marriage to take the hit...neither one good choices. He really needs to see a Dr. I have dealt with bi polar people before, and same as then, the frequency and severity of his outbursts does nothing but intensify.

You know his Mom has only gotten worse as she aged, and when she drinks or "whatever". At least with him we do not have the "whatever" to deal with anymore. She had a gun in the car on her way to take out the church, beginning with her parents. I seriously do not want him getting to that point, being locked in mental wards....but he is on a fast track that way....and it saddens me to no end.

His highs and lows are changing more frequently---he is happy and chatters a mile a minute, and will help anyone, and is a loving person. Then the lows come, and rather that hit him with depression, he hits with anger. And he is not irritated, he is full bore PO'd!

Now his wife deals with it. But they are going down there where they know one other couple. How many times is that woman going to allow him to yell and curse in front of her kids, or get mad at her, before that friendship fails. They were friends when the couple lived here, but son was in a better place then....they think he will be when he gets there. The thing is the stresses may be different, but the stresses will still cause the same outcome. The financial differences will be astronomical....Working FOR a man who used to work you...is going to be a change.....not seeing his daughter at all anymore, and still having to send CS, is not going to settle well with him, and if he does not pay, her Mom said she has a pre paid legal service now through work, and if she does, he will have to hire and attorney and all that. All those things will stress him. He may not be working on a tractor for Grandpa, but it is not going to be a stress free life.

All in all, Rick and I think it is a good thing for them to go. They have it in their heads they have it so bad here, the only way they will see what life has to offer is to go explore.

We just hope they all make it ok. Hope....and Pray....a LOT!

Oh and we heard a rumor about someone moving into their place...which would be a good thing. It is a positive change. Hope it all works out, would be great for my inlaws too. Would ease the loss of Connor.

Well time to fix dinner! Will check in..... SOOOOO happy Suzanne!!!

PRAISES BE, Suzanne! Wonderful news!!!

Mom came thru surgery just fine. Doc was thrilled with how well it all went and how things looked in there. He expects a great recovery.

Thanks for all of your prayers and thoughts. On to recovery and healing now!

Hey Trey, long time no see--here or on FB. Figured your schedule changed permanently.

Let us know how you are doing!!!

Hey Trey.

Good Morning guys. Supposed to get up to 80 degrees here today. I'm loving this weather, juts wish we could get the pool opened.

Hubby and I will be off to the gym here soon. After I get home and take a shower I'll call the Band Doc. Need to get that ball rolling.

Other things on my list...Run to pharmacy and pick up sis's meds, swing by CPA and pick up tax papers and get them sent off. I love refunds. Wash car and vacuum it and then go pick out some phlox to get planted. Oh and today is our day to work at the hospital.

I'll check in soon.

Suzanne-YAYAYAYAYAYAY....SUCH good news on your health! It made my day to read that this morning. I am so proud of your -18. That is absolutely wonderful and you have bragging rights :cool:

Yesterday i just skimmed posts but this morning I took time to READ!

Kat-what a rollercoaster of emotions he goes through. But not just him, his whole family! You and dh are right...let them go and see just how well they can make it somewhere else. I will say prayers that it all goes smoothly.

Michelle-glad to hear that your mom made it through surgery OK. Now for a speedy recovery :eek:

I am going to text Jenn and tell her to drag her tired behind in here....she can run but she cant hide! I'll bet she is meeting herself coming back from being tired though!

So far I have lost 5 pounds since I have started minding the rules. I did not weigh this morning since I weighed yesterday. I did not wanna risk seeing anything else but a loss. I will weigh tomorrow. I have not decided if I want to put up another ticker or what. Maybe just a running total next to my 'just glad to be here' quote. I have gone through so many tears lately. Tears about my weight, tears about dsd and dh, tears about my friends. I had gone a month or 2 ago and bought me some new t-shirts (4X from the mens section, now THAT was hard for me to admit while typing, but admission is good for the soul). I went in my closet yesterday because I KNEW that the shirts I would wear before I bought the BIG shirts would be tight and I was in denial and I knew I HAD to see what I had done to myself in the past year. Oh MY GOODNESS....they were skin tight.

I cried, of course.

But I needed to do that. I needed to shock the crap out of myself. It was depressing but I quickly turned that depression into determination.

I think one of the things I need to keep sight of is that there are so many people that WANT to have this surgery and just have not been as fortunate as I am. I am remembering daily that I am blessed with my band and I am a fool for neglecting it and myself for the past year. So now, every morning and everynight I pray to be reminded of the gifts I have. I am blessed.

I have been watching Ruby and The Biggest Loser and they say that there is a REASON for becoming so heavy and you have to find out what it is and deal with it to be successful. I never really thought i just loved to eat and that was that. Then I had an aHa moment. It hit me. I am figuring it out and I will spare you all the details but now I need to forgive and move on from it. Now if I can just DO it. I will talk to my mom because I know she will be able to shed some light on it for me.

OK, I have rambled long enough. Have a great day everyone!

Trey....I am Tracy. Any friend of Kats is a friend in here. Come back sometimes! (i just assume Kat knows you since she was speaking of your schedule, lol)

Yes Tracy, Trey used to be here on LBT usually from work, he has a wife and family, and working odd hours (nights) he kept his screen time to a minimum. He was a fellow Mod Squad member (moderator) and he got caught up in a worse blow out than the Violets had by far. In our "posting just to post" room, there were many, many divas.....and some seriously STRONG personalities. And when another moderator made some personal issues into a public matter, it blew sky high! Sadly there were a group of these women who took EVERYONE to task for something, and Trey stood up for what he believed, and they did everything in their power to eviscerate him. They were banned, and tried to take it all to FB....and amazingly once you refuse to friend them there, I believe they have mostly dissappeared....finally. In the meantime tho, we lost a really good group of people and support. And many accusations were made, and stuff that were simply not true. Personally I miss his wit, and insight....as well as that of a few others in that old room.

I have to take our truck in to the dealer today--it has a recall. Poor old thing! LOL It is a farm truck!! But they said the risk of fire is present even when the cruise is not in use. And when we go get wood, we do actually use the cruise control on our way out----so going to go get it repaired.

I am still relying on my inhalers to breath without coughing. But all in all, feel better, and the junk I am coughing up (gross I know sorry!) is now yellow not dark green/gray. So it is getting better, it is just sloooooow.

I have a goal to be back at goal by August. One of the women we are going to Sturgis with is a teeny thing, and loves to bring that into conversation. Every conversation. She dresses in clothes made for 20 year olds----low cut (shows off the boob job) and short shirts--sadly shows off a VERY taut, tan belly, especially for having 5 kids! LOL She wears the torn jeans....and drinks heavily.....and comments on weight, size, build ALL the time. I want to give her a little less ammunition!!! LOL, besides it is a reasonable goal, and maybe will give me the incentive I seem to need!!!!

Well gotta go check on the parents. Called last night, for Ricks Mom to tell us his Dad bled out following his procedure, but no they didn't call us or any of the kids, or the Dr. he is doing better now. Grrrrrrrrrr attention mongers! If we had not called, we would not know still......seriously pisses me off at his Mom. I understand the embarrassment his Dad might have been feeling.....but she should have called. She is such a martyr, it just makes me want to let her suffer....not give her the attention she tries to add too with this crap. oh well nothing new......

Trey!!!!! I am SO happy to see you!!!!!! Even if it is a drive-by post! Hugs to you and the family and that wonderful TUG of yours!!! If you go back a page or 2 you can see pics of all THREE of my furbabies! Yep, we've gotten 2 more in the last month and half. Reggie was intended and Paige was not. Paige is another fire station stray! She and Dakota have that and size in common.

Yep, y'all I'm sure you knew already but we ARE keeping Paige. I am wondering on occasion what the heck we are thinking but she's ours. Was the minute she showed up at the station Thursday night!!! LOL!! Poor DH!

Suzanne, I am just so happy for you! I know I said that yesterday but damn. It's just so nice to hear GOOD news when the talk is possible cancer.

Tracy, I'm beginning to think we're sisters at heart! You're speaking a lot of what I'm feeling! Hugs!

Kat, Ditto what you said re: the mess at LBT. I missed all the garbage at FB b/c I wouldn't sign up for so long. But it was a mess and VERY sad. Broke my heart.

Jenn, miss you! Hope things are going well!!!

I am feeling better each day. So glad. I don't want anything to jeopardize my Surgery on the 26th.

Bright sun shiney day today! Little breezy but I've got the balcony door open so the dogs can go in and out when they want. Let some fresh air in too! I'm sure the place needs it! Luckily I'm still pretty stuffed up and can't smell anything! Course that means I can't tell if the house smells like dog or not! LOL!!

Anyhoo. Have a great day! I'll check in later!

Hello ladies, and Trey.

Well, we are in the middle of standardized testing. I am testing just one child. He has individual testing, extra breaks, but NO test read aloud. This means I just sit there in the 8 x 8 ft room and look past him, at the ceiling, at the floor and whatever else I can, JUST not the test. We can't look at it at all. This has been the most boring week of my life, and there is still tomorrow. Oh, and I realized that in addition to reeses Peanut Butter eggs, pumpkins, trees and hearts being the work of Satan, I can now add goldfish to it. OMG, you can eat a crapload of those dang things and NEVER FEEL SATISFIED!!!

Kat, keep an eye on that cough. You may need another round of antibiotics to get rid of all of the infections. I know it took me 2 rounds of zythromax to get rid of mine.

Tracy, you have this whipped. You are headed in the right direction.

Michelle, that dog was yours from the moment it walked in your house.

Suz: you are the master...i am sooo jealous.

Jenn?

For alex's pics, I am going with the full shot for the invites, but I must have the head shot of her laughing (8x10, I guess). My sweet daughter is beautiful, but isn't very photogenic. Her smile normally looks fake in pics. Her real smile, is when she laughs and her nose is slightly squenched like in the headshot. Jeez, her being a senior is going to break me. :thumbup: