Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Holy Carp! Looks like my surgery will be on Monday, APRIL 26th!!!

Now I gotta find someone to stay with DD! :smile2:

Michelle, congrats on them moving the surgery up. I know it was one of the best things that happened to me, you'll love it too. I spent about 2 weeks prior to my surgery getting things done. All the laundry shopping, baking, cooking, bills, cleaning and anything else I could think of. It made a huge difference because I was able to come home from the hospital and not worry about what needed to be done and how was I going to do it.

Went to the grocery store this morning and picked up a few things that they had on sale. went from there to the hardware stoe and bought some grass and weed killer. I have yardwork in my future. It's really chilly out and supposed to get up to only 60 degrees today.

Tracy, thank you for being on track and headed to make it thru day 4. It's stuff like that that keeps me on track, especially when you go to the store and they have all their Easter candy on sale.

Good morning!

It really is still morning here, 11 AM, I am up, have taken a shower, and actually have some laundry going. I made my bed, so I would not get back in it today---time to get well!

Crud, brother is here, will finish this when he leaves. OK, he just dropped off dishes I had sent food home with him from Easter in.

Michelle, I agree with Suzanne, beginning now, when you cook, anything that can be cooked in doubles and froze....do it! If you can pay bills ahead, do that, if not, write them out and put the date it will be safe to mail them where the stamp goes, then DH can drop them as needed! Start finding little things that will allow DD to self entertain, and hide them, even wrap them to make them special--for while you are gone in the hospital, or when you get home. Stock the pantry with easy to fix Snacks for her. Figure out ways she can climb into her car seat herself, or her highchair, start letting her do it. Begin breaking the carry her thing---there will be 6 weeks minimally you won't be able to carry her.....so sad, but true. Figure out a way to manipulate your pillows in your bed, to sit up and be comfy, and then she can snuggle next to you and you can read, and even watch TV together if you have a TV in there.

Just start paying attention to how you are doing things, and if it involves lifting or stretching or squating, try to figure an alternate way out now, and be prepared---everything from hooking the dogs to the run, to putting on your shoes! The less you have to figure out after the fact the better!

And my #1 piece of advice....when they say take a stool softner--believe them and DO IT!! LOL

Tracy, I think you have exactly the right attitude in regards to the dsd. Having never been a step daughter, and never having another living option, I guess it is just foreign to me! I am glad you are standing on your own, and letting it go, you are doing great, down 3 pounds DURING TOM, that is great!

I laughed at Rick he ask me if I was doing the "one good stomach virus away from goal" diet. I laughed that it would take more than a stomach virus, and that while it might not seem like I am eating a lot, I am eating pretty normal, and I am drinking 10 X my normal in calories, with all the juice I am drinking! It is so loaded with sugar it is unreal! But it sure feels good on my throat.

You have a big yard to take care of now, so you will get some good exercise doing that! We are anxiously awaiting them opening up our ditch. We have a canal/ditch that runs behind our upper property, it is probably 7 feet deep, 8 across---and we have a headgate that brings it down to us, so we can Water free, we have water rights. But as of yet it is not filled. Then when they fill it, we wait a week or so, because they put weed killer in the ditch and when the water hits it, it of course moves on, and when I water my flowers....they no like it!!!

Rick said he would take me riding this weekend!!! So he can saddle up and do the exertion, and I can do the enjoying! I likes him!

Will send you the video of my baby grandson Tracy--he is such a sweetie!

Will check in later~

Thanks Ladies!

I'm figuring it will be much like band surgery was in the way of restrictions and such. DD is pretty independent and even buckles herself in to her carseat now! We check if of course. She got her own Breakfast this morning and tends to do the same anytime she's hungry. And she loves to help. She's going to be great!

I am Blessed that Michael will be off-duty until that Thursday and he is going to see if he can take that shift off to be home with us. He also does most of the laundry and he cooks too! He also shops. He's great!

I've been thinking and if MIL can take that day off, we can drop DD at their house in the AM and then pick her up when it's time to go home. They are talking about doing it all without flaying me open. I'm hoping to go home that night but I may have to stay a day or two.

I am so excited! Now I just hafta get over this damn bug I've got!!!

Tracy, great job on day 4!!!!

Michelle, no matter if they do your surgery laproscopically, or open, the restrictions are likely to be much more drastic, and last a much longer time than with the banding.

Technically with the banding, there was no cutting internally. Nothing rearranged permanently. With the hysterectomy there will be.

One of the BIGGEST issues is not lifting. When they remove the uterus, it leaves the bladder without its support, so it gets stitched in place, and if you do something to pop those stitches, then you face urine leakage problems. My Mom has had 5 surgeries trying to repair hers. She fell down stairs at the church a month after her hysterectomy and ripped it loose.

With banding, the biggest incisions were to get things into you--with the hysto, they are removing, and suturing internally. The recovery will be more painful, and will be longer.

I sm not trying to scare you---I am in FULL support of it. All those reproductive organs are useless to me if I am not wanting another child, and if they are not being used get rid of them!! Bleeding every month does NOT make me a woman!! LOL

I just want you to be very realistic about the recovery.

I was opened in a cross pattern, since mine was a cancer situation, so I had lotsa stitches, and lotsa healing that way---but others I know have had them vaginally, and more recently laproscopically, and it is still a bit more of a recovery than banding.

Prepare for the worst....and hope for the best, and you will be covered!!!

Thank you so very much, Kat! You have no idea how much I appreciate your insight and advice. I am taking it seriously even through my estatic state! LOL!!

If you think of anything, please let me know. I'm open to all suggestions, ideas, hints, etc!!!!

When I told my gyno of my 6 week, 10lb lifting restriction with band surgery, he was surprised at how drastic it was!

My biggest thing will be getting all the church books, payroll and bills done ahead of time as much as possible. I'll just work it like I'm headed out of town and won't have my computer. That has worked in the past.

I would have thought that once it sunk in I would be freaking out but I seriously just can't wait! I'm very confident and figure it's in God's hands. Just like when I had my band surgery.

I've got a lot to do in the next couple of weeks! :smile2:

Thanks to all of you ladies for helping me keep my head in the game...if you only knew how much you all are helping me....

Plus....I think one of you made me sick. My throat is on FIRE!!! :smile2:

Tracy: congrats on the 3 lbs!!!!

Michelle: yeah, you are looking at 6-8 weeks of no lifting and even laundry like towels are a no-no for a while, since wet towels are heavy and require that dang pulling to get them out of the washer. It is the weird stuff like that, that frustrated me, but please, no matter how silly it seems, follow the orders to a "T". My surgery was done both laproscopically and vaginally. It was not bad, but was more restrictive and painful than being banded. BUT, it was the best thing next to my band that I have ever done for myself. My Migraine headaches immediately disappeared, not to mention LOVING not having Auntie Flo visit me monthly!!!! I was so glad to see her go.:smile2:

Plus....I think one of you made me sick. My throat is on FIRE!!! :)

Uh-oh! Long distance cooties! Sorry about that! Tho if it's any consolation, I've lost a couple of pounds this week!

Michelle: yeah, you are looking at 6-8 weeks of no lifting and even laundry like towels are a no-no for a while, since wet towels are heavy and require that dang pulling to get them out of the washer. It is the weird stuff like that, that frustrated me, but please, no matter how silly it seems, follow the orders to a "T". My surgery was done both laproscopically and vaginally. It was not bad, but was more restrictive and painful than being banded. BUT, it was the best thing next to my band that I have ever done for myself. My Migraine headaches immediately disappeared, not to mention LOVING not having Auntie Flo visit me monthly!!!! I was so glad to see her go.:smile2:

Thanks, Cindy! I will follow orders, I promise. I have no desire to cause anything to go wrong with this. Just can't wait to be on the other side of all of this garbage!!

Morning Girls. Up and trying to get woke up so we can head to the gym.

Big day for us. The concert for George Strait and Reba McEntire is tonight. I'm so excited. There is 6 of us going and I also know of some other cousins that will be there. And I'm NOT driving. WooHoo.

Michelle, One other thing. It was about 5 weeks before I got behind the wheel of my car. I finally decided to go to the store and startedt to pull out of the garage, as soon as I had to turn the wheel out of the driveway I put it back in drive and pulled back into the garage. The muscles that it took to just turn the wheel were not ready for that. I had to wait for hubby to get home so he could take me to the store. Also get yourself one of the grabber things. The long pole things that you can use to pick things up with. That way if you drop anything you won't have to bend over. It will be awhile before you'll be able to do that.

Tracy, I'm so proud of you and really happy for you.

Be back soon.

just lost a long post.... so I will just recap:

did not go to sleep til about 1 AM

throat feels better but I still have junk in my chest

still have not heard from dsd

oh well...

bitter over the whole thing.

I feel forced to go back to work & I am not physically & mentally ready.

blah....

(but I have not cheated with my eating)

have a great day everyone!

Just heard through SIL, son is moving to LA afterall, and apparantly not going to tell us......some days life sucks.

BBL

Just heard through SIL, son is moving to LA afterall, and apparantly not going to tell us......some days life sucks.

BBL

:biggrin: well that just plain sucks! I am SO sorry Kat! (((((hugs)))))) I do not even know what to say. :)

Thanks Tracy.

I told Rick, he was sad, but very confident and sure of the stance he has taken. He is afraid for him. He always uses Rick to lash out at, and we worry who will get it and if his marriage will survive the living away from his usual pounding post of his Dad. I guess at 30 he is going to HAVE to face the music.

We will always be around when he comes around. We would never turn our back on him.

I am going to ride to town with Rick these 4 walls are closing in.

BBL