Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

I am not hungry...i am not hungry, i am not hungry, i am not hungry....it is my imagination, it is just my imagination, i can do this, i can do this, i can do this, i will make it, i will make it, i will make it, get up and move, get up and move, get up and move.....

So, if you go to the dictionary and look up "nothing", you will see a picture of me. Really. For about 4 hours that is all I did and I would have done it longer but I was able to get in to get my hair done. And Daniel just stopped by for a ride. He the boy that is 23 but has the mental capacity of an 11 year old. We all watch out for him in the neighborhood. His mom is a teacher and there is 6 kids in the family. Daniel shows up every now and than and either needs a ride to church or just wants to hang with you. He's always full of questions. Poor thing. He doesn't understand why people are so mean. I wish I knew that answer.

Kat, OMG. That had to have been awful. We took my sis back to the surgery Doc to have the stitches taken out and he couldn't find anything wrong. She was bending and moving the knee on her own. She also knew she was out of pain pills and wasn't going to get anymore so she had her little agenda.

Not sure what I want to fix for dinner. Maybe some scrambled eggs.< /span>

Kat, I'm so glad to hear you are feeling a little better. Sounds like things ARE headed in the right direction.

Suzanne, see? You ARE a nice person. Not everyone can handle "dealing" with a person like Daniel. Maybe he can help you in the yard when he's in the mood to hang out! And how wonderful that you could do NOTHING for a full 4 hours!!

Tracy, what's hunger? Get off your butt and go for a walk! LOL!!!! You CAN resist!!!!!

As for me, well saw the doc. He swabbed for Strep. I'll get results later. He sent me home with tylenol liquid w/codeine and 2 different inhalers. He wants to make sure my chest stays clear. I am tightening up a little but not real bad.

So, that's it. Have a great night.

dsd called her mom last night and decided to bail out on us and go to her moms....still do not know why. At this point, I do not really care...(i do but it sounded good) No reason given, things have been good here, she wants to go live with her friend...yada yada yada. Guess we must not be kissing her teenage butt enough. We are not made of money and we have rules...i guess that is totally unacceptable for her.

I will keep you updated....

wow, there is so much i would like to say on the subject but I am a bundle of emotions right now. I guess the thing that infuriates me the most is I am supposed to be a 'silent partner' since I am only the step....those of you that know me know I am not built to keep my mouth shut, so this is really hard for me.

Edited by TracyK

:party:Let's hear it for Tracy.:thumbup::thumbup: :cornut:Great Job.:thumbup: :thumbup::hurray:Day 3.:thumbup: Awesome.:thumbup::thumbdown:

Horrible night with the acid in my throat. Woke up with a pounding headache and can't take anything because I have my CT Scan scheduled for today. Ugghhh. It'll be ok.

Tracy, awesome job on day 3. And I bet with the stress going on with the DSD it hasn't been easy. Just remember that you come first. If you don't take care of yourself than you can't take care of your family.

Kat and Michelle. I hope this morning finds both of you feeling better nd getting better.

Jenn, So glad you are back to work but I miss you being here. Hope all is going well with you and the kids.

Hi Cindy.

I'll be back after our hospital shift this evening.

:party:Let's hear it for Tracy.:thumbup::thumbup: :cornut:Great Job.:thumbup: :thumbup::hurray:Day 3.:thumbup: Awesome.:thumbup::thumbdown:

This made me happier than you can possibly imagine. Thank you, I needed that. :wub:

Wacky day at the hospital. I had called this morning to see if I needed to come in for labs. She said no unless I was diabetic or allergic to dye. Well, I'm both. So in at noon I go to have blood drawn. I go from there to radiology and they take me right in. Put me on the table and I hear them talking. She comes back and asked if I had labs drawn. Yup. Well, we have to wait till the report comes back. You guessed it, they lost my report some where. An hour and a half later they get the report and decide not to do the dye-contrast. They said they didn't want to tax my kidneys. She said that she read the report from the previous Scan and it said to just do a follow up one. So I told her what the Doc wanted and why. She went and explained it to the radiologist and came back and said they would use half the amount of dye. By this time I have not had anything to eat or drink in about 15 hours. I'm dehyrated and they stuck me 3 times before they could get an IV in me. Took longer to do that then the whole scan took. By this time we are now late at getting out and we still have to run home to eat and change and get back to the hospital for our shift. So Hubby goes over to our department and tells them that we won't be in to work. We left and went to a new mexican restaurant for a late lunch.< /span>

Home now and sat outside with the kitties till it got too cool. Now just gonna take it easy and enjoy my evening off.

Tracy I am SOOOO proud of you!!!! To hang tough during the dsd crap, is incredibly strong of you!!! I am not sure of the others in the room, but I DO know the highs and lows of step parentdom!!!

I love my kids---the one grown in my womb and the ones grown in my heart----but to everyone else (meaning Rick's family)--I am ONLY the step Mom, I cannot stand it!!!

I was the one to go to school conferences! I held the bucket while they puked all over, and cleaned it up when they missed. Same as Rick did for Manda. I taught them to drive, and helped plan their weddings, and love their babies as my own. But it always comes down to his Mom and sisters telling me to let Rick deal with it, they are his kids! He tells them, no they are our kids....they never get it!

The honest to God fact is that there is a difference in how things are between the 2 kids of Ricks and my DD--and a HUGE part of that is everyone always making me feel like I HAD to behave differently with them. The threat hanging over your head that you either do it right, or they can be taken away or choose to leave---it screws with your ability to parent effectively.

You give away your heart to have it thrown in your face or trompled on.....and even if it never happens, you guard a part of your heart just in case.

And it NEVER goes away! Our son is still causing me those feelings, worrying whether I will see my grandsons easily if I piss him off......it sucks.

Step parenting is wonderful sometimes, the way it grows your family, and like the kids, the bonds between them are incredible---but it is hard, and it is scary, and it is anything but easy.

If you need to talk Tracy--I am a phone call away. Be warned I sound as tho I belong in a horror movie, I do not have much voice....and what I do have sounds kinda like a pre teen boy!

Feeling better this afternoon. Kind of thinking I might have a UTI---or am reacting to the antibiotics.....not sure, going to watch it. Cough is bad, but chest congestion has eased some. Aches and pains are gone---thank goodness!!! It is getting better.

Michelle sorry you are icky too. Feel better soon!

Suzanne---your Daniel makes me think of our "Marvin"/Marilyn. I miss her so bad. I have her picture in our family shelves, and when I pass by it, it just makes me smile, she was such an awesome kid! And she was over 40! Small, and inquisitive, and not a mean bone in her body! She competed in Special Olympics and loved to win. But she always ended up crying, either she cried because she lost, or because someone else was crying because they lost!!! Her heart was sooooo big!

The Dr. says now looking back at her illness and the quickness it hit, and took over her respiratory system, she was likely one of the first cases of Swine Flu. Her lungs were compromised anyway, she had severe scoliosis, and deformity of her torso anyway, and it put pressure on her lungs, and organs, so her system was compromised already. They attributed it to the flu---but it was another 5 days before it become an all out issue here with Swine Flu.

Hope Jens job is going well!!

And Tracy, if you need us we are here!!

Awww thanks Kat, I know. At this point I do not see an upside to step parenting at all, lol. We still do not know why she left, what her excuse is, nothing. They have not made a move to call us and dh has not made a move to call them. Why why why does my dh not have at least ONE confrontational bone in his body? So...here I sit, no answers, no clue if/when she is coming back. THEN to top everything off, if she doesn't come back, we will be paying all that child support again, living in a house that will be WAY too big for just me, dh and macy. The good news is that I am completing day 3 of eating healthy and being a good bandster. :thumbup:

Awww thanks Kat, I know. At this point I do not see an upside to step parenting at all, lol. We still do not know why she left, what her excuse is, nothing. They have not made a move to call us and dh has not made a move to call them. Why why why does my dh not have at least ONE confrontational bone in his body? So...here I sit, no answers, no clue if/when she is coming back. THEN to top everything off, if she doesn't come back, we will be paying all that child support again, living in a house that will be WAY too big for just me, dh and macy. The good news is that I am completing day 3 of eating healthy and being a good bandster. :thumbup:

WTG Tracy! You are doing what you can do....controlling you. That is it. We can not control the actions of others, but we can control how we allow it to affect us. It took me a while to understand that. By taking care of yourself you are taking positive steps to feel better. Sooner or later you will learn why she left. Until then, don't fret about it. It just isn't worth it.

Hi y'all

Proud of you Tracy!

Cindy, it's good to see you. How's the kid doing?

Suzanne, enjoy your evening.

Kat, you always have such great insight and sympathy!

I'm okay. Sorta. Wish DH could take tomorrow off but it's not possible. :mad:

We all spent some time outside this afternoon. I sat on my butt while DD played and DH worked.

Brought the dogs out with us and put Reggie on the lead line and Dakota on a long leash and looped her to a chair. They did great and enjoyed themselves. They just ate their dinner and are pooped out! LOL!

It'll be so nice out there once it's all done.

It's supposed to be another nice day tomorrow so I think I'll do the same thing again. All I have to do is sit and watch while the others wear themselves out! :thumbup:

Have a good night.

Tracy, you know the age of your dsd, if the school is different, it may be totally unrelated to you or home completely! Like Cindy said, let it go...it will eventually come out, and one of the very last things you want to do, is give her power in manipulating the situation. Saying that does not mean she is a bad kid....just a kid! They see that something works like that, and they play us like a fine fiddle!!!

I forgot to apologize on here to my Mom. I was whining, that I was sick and she had not bothered to check on me. I was wrong. I had forgot she had a dentist appointment for a root canal. Her appointment was for 9:15 AM so she did not want to wake me before she left, and called as soon as she come home. I should be ashamed, I know my Mom better than that. She would lay down her life for me, and I was whiny that I wanted her to go buy me kleenex!!! Shame on me. I was being a brat. Maybe that is why I have such insight to step children!!! LMAO!

Son come over on Easter, like I say--acting like all was well, and was told it WOULD be discussed, so we have heard NOTHING from him. I got the cutest email from DIL....of my youngest grandson, getting totally tickled at Connor making a silly noise at him. I will forward the email if you wanna see it, it will make you laugh with him, he is such a doll!!!

Anyway, she ask why I didn't come to practice, I told her I was sick, and that was that, we have not heard a word from them. Kids---they are no different at 30 that at 13. Some days they just bite! Was easier when that meant with teeth!!!

Well I just finished shelling a huge bowl of pecans, filled a quart bag---what a royal PITA!!! But I have to get them done.....the garage is going to start getting hot, and they won't last well out there then.....dammit!!! LOL

Enjoy your soak in the sun Michelle. I am off to bed. I took such a late nap, I am just now getting tired again.

David Letterman sounds like me!!!

WTG Tracy! You are doing what you can do....controlling you. That is it. We can not control the actions of others, but we can control how we allow it to affect us. It took me a while to understand that. By taking care of yourself you are taking positive steps to feel better. Sooner or later you will learn why she left. Until then, don't fret about it. It just isn't worth it.

Thanks Cindy! That is exactly what I am doing...controlling myself because me (and my 6 year old) is all I can take care of. I am letting the stress go. :wink2:

Hi y'all

Proud of you Tracy! Thank you Michelle, I really appreciate it!

Cindy, it's good to see you. How's the kid doing?

Suzanne, enjoy your evening.

Kat, you always have such great insight and sympathy! She sure does!

I'm okay. Sorta. Wish DH could take tomorrow off but it's not possible. :unsure:hope you are even better today!

We all spent some time outside this afternoon. I sat on my butt while DD played and DH worked.

Brought the dogs out with us and put Reggie on the lead line and Dakota on a long leash and looped her to a chair. They did great and enjoyed themselves. They just ate their dinner and are pooped out! LOL!

It'll be so nice out there once it's all done.

It's supposed to be another nice day tomorrow so I think I'll do the same thing again. All I have to do is sit and watch while the others wear themselves out! :mad:

Have a good night.

Tracy, you know the age of your dsd, if the school is different, it may be totally unrelated to you or home completely! Like Cindy said, let it go...it will eventually come out, and one of the very last things you want to do, is give her power in manipulating the situation. Saying that does not mean she is a bad kid....just a kid! They see that something works like that, and they play us like a fine fiddle!!!

I know that what is going on is not related to anything here. So, therefore whatever she says about us will be a lie to cover up the real reason. That is why I have decided to not worry about it all.

I forgot to apologize on here to my Mom. I was whining, that I was sick and she had not bothered to check on me. I was wrong. I had forgot she had a dentist appointment for a root canal. Her appointment was for 9:15 AM so she did not want to wake me before she left, and called as soon as she come home. I should be ashamed, I know my Mom better than that. She would lay down her life for me, and I was whiny that I wanted her to go buy me kleenex!!! Shame on me. I was being a brat. Maybe that is why I have such insight to step children!!! LMAO!

You have a right to be pissy every once in a while. But we know that our moms love us like no other. So, you are excused for your brattiness. :tt2:

Son come over on Easter, like I say--acting like all was well, and was told it WOULD be discussed, so we have heard NOTHING from him. I got the cutest email from DIL....of my youngest grandson, getting totally tickled at Connor making a silly noise at him. I will forward the email if you wanna see it, it will make you laugh with him, he is such a doll!!! I would love to see it!

Anyway, she ask why I didn't come to practice, I told her I was sick, and that was that, we have not heard a word from them. Kids---they are no different at 30 that at 13. Some days they just bite! Was easier when that meant with teeth!!!

Well I just finished shelling a huge bowl of pecans, filled a quart bag---what a royal PITA!!! But I have to get them done.....the garage is going to start getting hot, and they won't last well out there then.....dammit!!! LOL

Enjoy your soak in the sun Michelle. I am off to bed. I took such a late nap, I am just now getting tired again.

David Letterman sounds like me!!!

Good morning everyone-I was -3 this morning. :sad: Good feeling, especially since I am stressed AND it is Aunt flow time. :blink:

Well, the whole day yesterday came and went and we have not heard one word from dsd or her mother. The more time that passes, the less I worry about it. I have me & my dd to worry about. They (including dh) are going to do what they wanna do anyway no matter what I say or how I feel about it so...whatevah...i can honestly say I have handed it over to God and he can handle it. HE handles things the best anyway.

JENN...you told me you were going to post!!

Have a great day everyone! :thumbup: