Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Hello all

busy day here yest. I didn't watch the game but glad you gals are super happy

I have been on antibiotics since sat night, and breathing treatments all day yesterday and actually got some sleep last night

Feel lazy and bloated so going to detox this week and hit the gym tomorrow, I was going to go this am but... figued i'd give my lungs an extra day to catch up..

Kat all that food sounds so good, glad you all had a good night last night

Tracy - that is an open invitation!

Suzanne - how are you doing, still on a mission? I'm joining you

I'm still on my mission.

Jenn, glad to hear you are feeling a little bit better. I hate that not breathing thing. It's awful when you lay down and can't breath.

I drank a lot of hot cocoa this morning. 4 cups. That's more than I usually drink, but it tasted so good. I need to switch over to tea. Not so many calories. Now on to my Water.< /span>

I'm donating a day of volunteering for the Disney Group. I'm making blankets for Project Linus. That way when we go to L.A. we can get in free to Disneyland.

Kat, we will be stopping by in mid september. We will probably spend the night at a local hotel. Hope you have a Motel 8 near. Than we will be on to Tx. and guess who I will be seeing there?????

Back to my housework now. I just finished cleaning the fireplace. Got the ashes all scooped up and in the bucket. It's now sitting outside. Flue is closed and doors are shut. A cold front is coming in and I need to button down.

Catch ya later.

Edited by Suziecat

Suzanne, there is a Motel 8 both in Farmington which is about 10 miles away(which I would recommend) and in Bloomfield--about 7 miles away. Farmington is a bigger town, and has restaurants to choose from etc, that Bloomfield does not.

At this point in time I don't think there is anything that will have us away from home in Sept. I will look forward to it!!! YAY!!!

Rick wanted chile for dinner, it gives me massive heartburn, so I am going to have Soup. We are keeping Kinsey for awhile tonight, while the DD's go to Durango to watch the Durango team practice. They started this derby thing, and have 13 girls in just over a week, 20 is their goal. Manda was laughing that she and Abbey started it, and they are the worst skaters of all!!! Oh well, they will get better, they already do better than I ever did! And Kinsey has begun learning to go backward. I bought her new pads today, because they come with wrist guards, and she has such tiny bones, I thought it important to protect her wrists. That is one of the most common injuries, from catching yourself in a fall. In fact the other night, the girls practiced falling for an hour!!! Abbey said that was the hardest---making yourself fall! We thought maybe she would leave Corvin with us while they went too, but his Daddy had a fit, and he will be keeping him......waaaah

I ate a piece of cinnamon bread that someone brought, and I got sent home in a leftover package----and I have burped it ever since. Not gonna eat no more!!!

Well I am off to finish dinner up and stoke the fire. It is cold here too. We had more snow overnight, and now it is cold.

Will check in later!

Thanks Jenn for the open invitation!

Suzanne-is that ME ME ME you're comin' to see?? YAY!

Kat-I agree with Jenn...the food sounded awesome. Cindys ribs sounded awesome too until the PB started :)

Cindy-still floating on air from the win?

Have a great night ladies....I am turning in early.

Thanks Jenn for the open invitation!

Suzanne-is that ME ME ME you're comin' to see?? YAY!

Kat-I agree with Jenn...the food sounded awesome. Cindys ribs sounded awesome too until the PB started :(

Cindy-still floating on air from the win?

Have a great night ladies....I am turning in early.

Yes, I m still floating and I turned in earlier than you did last night. I was in bed for 6:30 and closed my eyes around 7:30.:cursing: I was exhausted.

Yes girls, if all goes well. Hubby and I will be on the road in Sept. I already put in for 3 weeks off at work. I'm really looking forward to this.

Today is a super duper busy day. I work for 3 hours and than come home to get hubby and then drive about 20 miles to go do my 3 year physical. This is the one where they test me for any contamination from the place that I used to work at. They are the ones that did the chest x-ray that showed something in my lungs. Anyway, it takes about 3-4 hours to be tested. Then back home to get ready to work this evening. Once again I traded Thursday for today with another girl. So I will be pooped when I get home tonight. Good thing about it is that I won't have to work again till Monday.

A SuperBowl High???????

Tracy, by the time I get to your house, I will be exhausted from being on the road. I will definately be ready for a few Margi's by then. I hope you and Frank are up to it. Hubby is a Busch drinker.

Everyone have a great day. I'll check in when I can.

Good Morning everyone

You all know it is an open invite for all of you to come visit me, I would love it!

How's the new homestead Tracy? How is Macy doing with the new school and adjusting?

Cindy - I was ready for bed early last night too, but started watching a movie and stayed up until 11.

Kat - you make such good food. I don't know how but after being lazy and sick, I thought I gained 10lbs last week living on mashed potatoes... I was scared but last night jumped on the scale, I only gained 1lb. I don't even know how that is possible. Don't get me wrong, i feel like a ball of flab because of being lazy but there is hope I can get under control.

Maybe since you guys won't be going anywhere until sept you will have a chance to ride a lot this year?

Suzanne - holy smokes, you are going to need that 3 weeks off at this rate. Good luck at your appointment today, I'll be sending you good thoughts.

Well, I'm off to try to wake up, I am not coughing nearly as much but still really run down, or just bored and making me tired. I'm going to set my laptop up in the back room so i have a table to work at so I can get a bunch of paperwork done I just can't seem to do in the living room

have a good day all

Yes, I m still floating and I turned in earlier than you did last night. I was in bed for 6:30 and closed my eyes around 7:30.:( I was exhausted.

Wow...I wanted to go to bed that early but my 6 year old had different plans for me. lol

Yes girls, if all goes well. Hubby and I will be on the road in Sept. I already put in for 3 weeks off at work. I'm really looking forward to this.

Today is a super duper busy day. I work for 3 hours and than come home to get hubby and then drive about 20 miles to go do my 3 year physical. This is the one where they test me for any contamination from the place that I used to work at. They are the ones that did the chest x-ray that showed something in my lungs. Anyway, it takes about 3-4 hours to be tested. Then back home to get ready to work this evening. Once again I traded Thursday for today with another girl. So I will be pooped when I get home tonight. Good thing about it is that I won't have to work again till Monday.

A SuperBowl High???????

Tracy, by the time I get to your house, I will be exhausted from being on the road. I will definately be ready for a few Margi's by then. I hope you and Frank are up to it. Hubby is a Busch drinker.

Everyone have a great day. I'll check in when I can.

We can definitely have a few margi's. Is there anything in particular you would like to do while you are here? I will keep you in my prayers today!!

Good Morning everyone

You all know it is an open invite for all of you to come visit me, I would love it! Jenn, I promise to come see you. I dont know when, but I WILL! :cursing:

How's the new homestead Tracy? How is Macy doing with the new school and adjusting? I love the new house! Macy is happy with her new school too. Everything went so smoothly in the transition!

Cindy - I was ready for bed early last night too, but started watching a movie and stayed up until 11.

Kat - you make such good food. I don't know how but after being lazy and sick, I thought I gained 10lbs last week living on mashed potatoes... I was scared but last night jumped on the scale, I only gained 1lb. I don't even know how that is possible. Don't get me wrong, i feel like a ball of flab because of being lazy but there is hope I can get under control.

Maybe since you guys won't be going anywhere until sept you will have a chance to ride a lot this year?

Suzanne - holy smokes, you are going to need that 3 weeks off at this rate. Good luck at your appointment today, I'll be sending you good thoughts.

Well, I'm off to try to wake up, I am not coughing nearly as much but still really run down, or just bored and making me tired. I'm going to set my laptop up in the back room so i have a table to work at so I can get a bunch of paperwork done I just can't seem to do in the living room I am glad your cough is subsiding. I hate the way those coughs stick around so long...it is so miserable!

have a good day all

OK, the natives are getting restless over here....gotta run for now! Bye :bolt:

Good Morning~

I wouldn't have said that 30 minutes ago. I was sleeping soundly when the phone woke me with a call for Phyllis Hanley, from a collection agency, called Medicredit. I told her she had a wrong number, and she proceeded to tell me that I could not hide from the debt, and she was willing to work with me! I repeated this number has been mine for well over 20 years, and no one by that name has ever lived here. She did not believe me! I finally told her that apparantly the person she was looking for did not pay their bills, and guess what they lie too---this is NOT their number! So she tells me she is going to send a certified letter to me at some address in Ohio, I told her, why don't you do just that! Grrrrrr!!!!!!

Jenn, we have several little trips planned as of now, but nothing in Sept. We are going to TX in June, and Sturgis in August, and taking Connor and Kinsey to Denver at some point this summer. And who knows what else. We find we enjoy the short, quick getaways in multiple for several years, then we will have a blow out and do a long away from home trip. Then back to our shorter ones for a few years!

We just paid our registration for concerts and camping at Sturgis, at the Buffalo Chip. Will see, Jason Aldean (YAY), Doobie Brothers, Disturbed, ZZ Top, and I don't remember who else. It is our 50th celebration. That is soooo hard for me to believe! I don't feel 50.........well I won't be until August, but still! We both turn in August, he 2 weeks before me!!! LOL And right smack in the middle of those 2 weeks, we will be in Sturgis! Hope this old body can handle the ride again!

I need to go in and make a cake. My Mom is having their prayer group at her house tonight, and I told her I would bake a cake for her. She has a dentist appointment today or would have done it herself. One of the other women was supposed to have refreshements, but her ex husband died, and she won't be there. So I am cooking.......hmmmmmm

I am making a pineapple upside down cake so I don't have to mess with frosting it!!! LOL Besides it is my Dads favorite, and using the Splenda brown sugar, he can have some of it!

Kinsey loved her teeny pads I bought her, she wore the wrist brace pads around last night! They are EXACTLY like my wrist brace I wear when my wrist acts up, just in miniature, and she got 2 of them, 2 elbow pads, and 2 knee pads, all for $10.00 and my one cost me $17-----because it was medical??? Go figure!!!

Suzanne, will be thinking of you today, as you go to your Dr. Not to mention all the running around you will be doing! You are a busy woman!!! Let us know as soon as you can how it went.

September here is still very nice and warm, we can do whatever you want. We can meet up and do dinner, or you can come here to the house and we can cook out, and hang out.....whatever!!!

Today is my lunch with Marie, but I have't heard from her, will call her shortly and see if we are still on. It snowed yet again last night. I have to go at some point today and get the truck out for my FIL to use. They have a loop around their home----a large circular drive, with them in the middle, and 4 smaller homes like spokes off the loop, that have been rentals. One of the rentals, had some serious wind damage, pulled the roof 3/4 off this Fall. So it could not be towed, it had to be dismantled in place. Well we have 18" of snow on the ground sitting and it keeps snowing, so it is a huge mud bog out there. Then the dismantling company come in, with the big tractor thing with jaws (sorry Jenn I don't do construction, don't know what it is called!!!), and the back hoe and now you can no longer tell where the road was back there it is just a mass of ruts, and mud. Unfortunately that is where my inlaws drive backs out on. Their car is stuck in the drive, they are afraid to pull it out. As soon as the next super cold night hits, Rick is going to go get it out, when the mud is frozen---til then I am taking the truck for them to use. It is getting up to about 40 in the middle of the day, which melts off each nights snow, but there is so much snow sitting, the ground is still froze enough that there is not much soaking in, that has melted.....the oilfield has shut down all but necessary for safety trips out into the field.......terrible time. People are getting laid off, due to that now too!

Well I am off to get dressed since my sleeping is over. I did not get to sleep til after 2 AM, couldn't go to sleep.....got up with Rick at 6, when he left I crashed, and was sleeping good til I was informed I was someone else, and not paying my bills!!!

Morning!

Superbowl game was fun to watch. Glad the Saints won. I was rooting for them even tho they're in a different division! :cursing:

Raining again. Love it. We need it soooo bad. Might get a little snow at our elevation tonight. We'll see.

Suzanne, you're in my thoughts and prayers today.

Kat, sounds like things are a mess! Hope the snow clears up some, soon! Your poor IL's! I know what it's like to be stuck and it's a PITA!!!

Jenn, I would love to come visit you! I've always wanted to go to parts of NY. City not so much.

Tracy, I am so glad that the new place is working out so well. I am thrilled for you!

Cindy, glad you were able to get some sleep last night! :(

~~~~~

Think my sleeping issues might be due to my mattress. I finally gave up trying to sleep about 5:30 this AM. Made a little nest on the couch just thinking to lay there and veg. (I can never sleep on the couch.) Well, just after NINE AM, my DD is tapping me on the cheek to wake me up! Slept great for those few hours this morning!

Well, gotta go! Talk at ya later!

Quick check in.

All went fine at my physical. The only thing they didn't do was check my hearing. They said I didn''t need to do that this time. They are sending everything in to the labs so it will be a little while before I find out if they find anything.

Yesterday I sewed on the quilt top. I got it ironed out and now need to make some cuts and do a little more sewing. That will make 2 quilt tops that I have made for Project Linus. Just 2 more to go and Hubby and I will have our free admission tickets to Disneyland.

Jenn, I would love to come and visit you. Hopefully the following summer we can make that trip.

Off to work. See ya later this evening.

hi all

just getting in from a day of shopping, spent way too much money but my daughter's best friend, who is like my daughter turned 16 today so I got her a really nice charm from me and the best friends charm from my dd.

Kat - wow that sounds like a heck of a concert!

Michelle, I'm almost 3 hrs north of the city

well, my brain is fried so i'm going to make a plan for tomorrow, it is going to snow! finally, and only 6" so not too much either

Jenn, when I come to visit we will make a trip to "The City". I have only been thru Buffalo on our way to the Falls.

Kat, I so want to go with you guys. That just sounds like to much fun.

Michelle. Don't know if we will be making it to your area. If it does look like it, I will give you a holler.

Long day today and I'm pooped. Had just gotten settled down and was looking at my e-mail and got a message from a guy that was looking for a vaccum on Freecycle. Said he would be here about 7:30. I had to get right back up and go to the garage and bring the sweeper in and get it wiped down. I did just as the guy was pulling in the driveway.

Now it's on to American Idol.

Headed out the door for the gym. Hubby was nice enough to wake me up at 6:30 so I could go with him. And it's only 3 degrees above zero. Isn't he a great guy. LOL.

Be back soon.

Good morning friends :thumbup:

Kat-I want to go to to Sturgis!!! I had someone bring me a t-shirt one year. Kat-if I send you the money would you PLEASE get me one?

Michelle-I have back issues to my mattress but I still love it! I am glad you were able to get some rest on your couch!

Jenn-what kind of plan did you make for today?

Suzanne-you make quilts??

OK, kids are here....gotta run!