Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July7th Bandsters....

There were several of us that were banded on 7/7...i'm just curious - can i ask how much your weight loss as been (from pre op to now? I have been staying the same or up and down by 1-2 lbs for weeks it seems. I had hoped my first fill would help..b ut i'm still wavering back and forth...

I'm going to have my 2nd fill on 9/23.

I think i'm at about a 33 lb loss (i need to go update my ticker to be sure...)...just wondered how that compares to by 7/7 band buddies?

I know everyone is different...just wondering if i'm average...:mad:

Hey Bobbie!

Glad to hear you are doing well. I think you are maybe a bit above average, because I want to believe I'm average...I had lost 32 pounds, but let down my guard the last few days and I am at 28.5. That seems to be my pattern. I will lose like 2-3 pounds in a week, gain 1 or 2, then lose again. I know I shouldn't weigh every day, but I can't help it. I only count the Monday weight as my official, though. Today is my Monday.

I still have not had my first fill. My doc makes his patients wait 8-10 weeks. I will go in next week. I have been doing this mostly on willpower. I think the food does stay in there longer than it used to, so I don't get hungry as fast, but the full part isn't working. If I let myself, I could eat just like I did before.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing how the other 7/7 bandsters are doing!

Hi

I'm a July 7th Bandster too. My surgery weight was 215 and to date I have lost 18 lbs.

My first fill was Aug 4 and the feeling of restriction only lasted one day.

Yesterday 09/09/09, I had my second fill and the Dr. put in 5cc. Yesterday afternoon I did feel the restriction but by evening I felt like I could any any amount of food.

Presently, I'm disappointed in the band. Let's face it the reason I got the band was to make dieting easier. So far it hasn't. I still get hungry an hour or two after eating.

Today, after I had lunch, I feel really full to the point of feeling uncomfortable. Let's see how long the fullness lasts. Hopefully until dinner time!!

Hi Bobbie!

I am not a 7/7, but I was banded on 7/10. I have lost a total of 40 but 12 of that is pre-op. I have lost 28 lbs since 7/10. So, going by that, I think you are doing great!

As far as staying the same for a few weeks, are you still walking? How about changing that up a little? Maybe walk with a few small hand weights or walk a little longer? Also, how about your eating? I find I am eating the same things. Try to change up what your eating. I don't think we can let our bodies settle in... I think we need to keep mixing it up.

Good luck! You can do it! We can do this!

I was banded 7/9/09 and have lost 30 lbs. Of course I have the feeling that I want it all off now! but there is no way I would have lost this much in this short time without the band. And this time it will stay off !!! woo hoo!

Hey, ladies! I have lost a total of 41 pounds, but 13 of those were preop. I've lost 28 since my 7/7 surgery. I've had one fill, and I have 3cc's in my band. I don't have a lot of restriction, so I'm using a lot of willpower. I also got a part time job because I can't seem to make myself exercise. My job is pretty physical, and my weightloss has increased since I started the job. I work at a video/tanning store, and I have to sanitize the beds after each customer, put up movies, clean the windows, vaccum the whole store, and sweep and mop the lobby each night that I work. If that isn't exercise, I give up! I really work up a sweat sometimes, but I love the job because I get to talk to people all night, and I love to talk! :-) Also, I plan to use the minimum wage money to buy my smaller clothes and save up for any plastic surgery I may need after I'm finished losing. I ramble, but anyway...that's my current plan!

Hey, ladies! I have lost a total of 41 pounds, but 13 of those were preop. I've lost 28 since my 7/7 surgery.

Your doing great Amy! And your right..that job will let you buy some great new clothes - good for you!!! Congrats on the 41 lbs. - thats a great loss!

Hi Im Margie, I was banded 7/10 and have had 2 fills. Im now at 5ccs. I still dont feel restriction that much. I've lost 27 at my last dr appointment. The appointment was last Tues. I try not to weigh myself and let them do it when I go in. Gives me something to look forward too. I only lost 5 lbs the last time but I went in at 3 wks. The doc only put 1cc in last time because I have to have a hip replacement this month.I didnt have to do a pre-op diet, just liquids the day before. Sounds to me likle you are doing great!

Your doing great Amy! And your right..that job will let you buy some great new clothes - good for you!!! Congrats on the 41 lbs. - thats a great loss!

Thanks, Bobbie! I'm certainly working hard to get this weight off (pun definitely intended). I really look forward to shopping in the normal section. I still have a way to go, but I'm getting there.

hey all! Good to see we're all doing well...

It's been a little over a month since the last post...how's everyone doing now?

I just had my second fill last wednesday...now I'm at 6.5cc's in my 14cc band...i can DEFINATELY feel a difference..i think i could have handled a little more...no more than 7...but we'll see how this goes. My next appointment is in 2 months (12/30)...but again, if i think i need to go sooner i can call...

Hope you're all doing well!

I also had my second fill recently (10/22) and am scheduled for my third on 12/21. It sounds like you and I are on the same schedule. I'm at 4.4cc's but my band only holds 10. I too can feel a little more with this fill. I am hoping that my next one may put me at my "sweet spot."

yeah being at a sweet spot would be great...just for the continuous WL...DEFINATELY need to exercise more and i'm working on that....i can always see a very clear difference the weeks I work out a few days and the weeks where i only get in one or two days...i'm going to start doing my walking tapes after work every day again...