Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Hey Girls~

I worked out this morning...30 min on the eliptical. Walking into the gym is not the hard part...it is starting a 30 min. workout. So, I started this earlier this week (whenever the last time I did cardio). It only takes 7 FULL songs and a little bit of #8 to get through a 30 min. workout.

8 IS BETTER THAN 30 as far as motivation, and counting down, right!

1. Love, Sex, Magic (Justin Timberlake and Ciara)

2. Groove is in the Heart (DeLite)

3. Sista's Are Doing it for Themselves (Annie Lennox)

4. Bootylicious (Beyonce)

5. Ferilicious (Fergie) LOVE THIS ONE..."I'll be up in the gym just workin' on my fitness"

6. Paralyzer (Finger 11) Reminds me of Laura :thumbup:

7. Sin Wagon (Dixie Chicks) Reminds me of Haydee :frown:

8. Easier Affair (George Micheal)

Wha-la...30 min. over!!!

Sooooo, I ask my violets: WHAT 8 SONGS WILL MAKE YOU MOVE FOR 30 MIN???

I thought this would be fun, and perhaps we can get some music ideas from each other!

Have a fanfreakintastic kinda rock and rollin' kinda day!

xoxoxo

This will not work for Michelle or Jenn, since they do Aqua workout things...not good in water!

1). Family Affair, Mary J. Blige

2). I told you so, Keith Urban

3). Cherry Bomb, John Cougar Mellencamp

4). Rockstar, Nickleback

5). I kissed a girl, Katy Perry

6). Disturbia, Rhianna

7). I like it Rough, Lady Gaga

8). Hold up my Heart, Brooke White

Not always those because I switch it up depending on my mood. But I usually want something with a good beat to it.

Good morning!!

I guess I won't surprise anybody here when I tell you all I have an ipod, but don't know how it works. It is an Ipod shuffle, and I think I have to pay for music? I am sooo cheap!! Back to Basics had a deal going where if you bought this package deal, you got an ipod. It worked out great, because I used the products and just so happened around the time two of my friends kids graduated!! Nice gifts!!

Boy did I ramble about my ipod!!

Okay off to work!!

Hmmm, I'm more of a chatter and TV watcher while I'm on the treadmill. But aren't ya'll surprised to hear what Suzie has on her IPOD???? Lady GAGA??? Ha ha ha... I LOVE HER, LOL...

I love Katy Perry too. I love Fergie and Carrie Underwood. Who else? Taylor Swift, love her too... My ipod is a mess of songs from all eras and genres. It goes from polka to spanish rock to country to some old school R&B... I only use it when I ride my bike or if I'm walking on the street by myself. Other than that I am chatting with my friend or if I'm by myself watching a show. 30 minutes goes by like nothing when you're watching a show!

I also have a wide variety of music. Mostly Eagles. But I like a real upbeat fasttemp to keep me energized. Something I can keep in pace with.

Jane, It's so easy to download. Just a little time consuming.

Where's Terry? I haven't seen her here for a long time. I see her on FB. Hope she post soon.

Fair Daze is this weekend and next weekend is the Fall Fun Fest. You think I might be able to get my funnel cake in?

Hi

I use mp3 for walking, have a bunch of stuff, but love donna summers for walking, some old will smith, kc sunshine band...

have a good day

haydee - I'm sure you are loosing inches... did you take measurements when you started?

I do mine every 2 weeks so I can track when the scale is stuck

LOL Susie, I've never had funnel cake!

I have a lot of different songs on my iPod, but created an eliptical playlist with really happy, upbeat music. You should see me on that thing, lip singing like I am ON STAGE. The gay guys (I was the only woman this morning) don't know what to make of me...but they are all pretty used to me. Actually, my cosmetic surgeon and a dear friend from my doctorate program (Benton, Michelle and Haydee may have met him at my party) are there as well. Anyway...it is my 8 songs...and I rock out like I am a star!!

When I lift weights, I like rock music...one of my favs is Rage Against the Machine; Killing in the Name Of. It reminds me of Judy sitting in the Coyote Ugly bar in San Antonio with her eyes as big as saucers when the "bad" line repeats over and over and loudly at the end (F*^% You...I wont do what you told me). Good times!

I just think that 8 songs is doable...and 30 min is not easy to start, especially on the eliptical! I am SOOOO proud of myself...I love that I can even do it. I used to walk on the treadmill, or do the bike and think how hard that looked. Now, I look "cool" lol, lip singing, rockin' out, and workin' at it for 30 solid min. Had the <3 rate up from 137-145 most of the work out. Once I get good at the 30 min, I will work on getting it up higher and going longer.

Ok...kids are testing and I've got the energy of a Jolt cola...lol.

I am DYING (yes dying...if I don't get it soon, I will cease to exist) for Nachos from Denny's!!! Man, that is why I must work out...

xoxoxo

Hi

I use mp3 for walking, have a bunch of stuff, but love donna summers for walking, some old will smith, kc sunshine band...

have a good day

haydee - I'm sure you are loosing inches... did you take measurements when you started?

I do mine every 2 weeks so I can track when the scale is stuck

Jenn, I love KC and the Sunshine band...and old Will..."getting jiggy w/ it" too! That is on my eliptical playlist. The songs I listed were just this morning...it will be different tomorrow (or next cardio workout).

I listen to everything, lol. Too hard to list it all.

My surgery was officially one week ago today. I can now move up from liquids to mushies. Yayyyyy.

Funny thing is, the first time I was banded I lost a ton of weight during the liquid stage. This time I gained but I don't think it was from an excess of calories. I think it is because I was so dehydrated that I had to replenish myself just to get back to normal. Either way, I'm feeling pretty darn good.

Have a great Friday everyone!!!

Pam, I can't even last 5 minutes on the Eliptical. No matter what music I have on. It just kicks my butt. I haven't even tried it in over a year. Too afraid to try to get on it again. Hubby and I have been riding the bikes together at the gym. We do about a mile and a half together. We've talked about buying bikes to ride around the neighborhood. I'd like to lose a little more weight before I do that. LOL.

Pam, go listen to "Say Hey" by michael somethin & somethin.. the one I posted about on FB. There's 2 songs in this world that make me move my ass.. Say Hey and Paralyzer (did I tell you guys that, is that why it reminds you of me? lol).

Here we go..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoaTl7IcFs8

This is the only song (I don't even do this with paralyzer hah) I make a fool of myself in the car, dancing behind the wheel.

I have everything on my mp3 player from Clay Aiken to Wicked, to Kiss and Josh Groban. Nobody could tell what kind of music I preferred if they listened to my stuff. I love all music except Rap. I just LOVE the new commercial that plays Super Freak by Rick James. Loved it in Little Miss Sunshine.. Kiss and Aerosmith get me moving. Along with Doo Whop from the 50's. Oh man, I'm dating myself here. I also groove on Itsy Bitsy Spider as well as Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes. Go figger.