Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hunting Season - Heads will roll

But, don't you think by pm'ing people the details, so you can further rile them up, you are upsetting the apple cart? :blushing:

I am going to make one final post on this matter, and then I am done. I am coming off of a week in which I put in a ridiculous amount of hours in preparing for our biggest fundraiser of the year on Saturday. I am exhausted. I have been sick for two days and not feeling well. Then, we had to deal with a situation here that has been brewing for two months. The person in question has been sending me threatening/nasty emails. People I considered to be my friends are slamming me over a decision that was made by myself and the mods and endorsed by Alex. Aside from being the administrator here, I am also a human being. Human beings are allowed to make mistakes. I posted my frustration about this and many other things that are happening outside of here on Facebook. That post had no names mentioned in it. It was simply assumed whom I was referring too. While it has been posted quite a bit on here that I made that post, what hasn't been mentioned was that it was only up for a very short minute or so on facebook before I thought better of it and deleted it. Much like the post that was made about me being power hungry and who did I blow to get this job. How was that any different in terms of taking things personally, and attacking me on facebook? How do you think my husband felt about THAT comment? Or all the comments made about me in reference to it? I made a mistake in what I posted on facebook, knew it and took it right back down again. My deepest apologies for being human and offending anyone by it.

I will not apologize for banning a member, nor will I justify the reasons for doing so. It was a team decision, endorsed by Alex and I continue to feel it was the correct and appropriate action.

As for why am I here when I don't have a band, well, first off, I have a lot of experience with it. Brandy, you have experience with being pregnant and raising kids, so sure, you could definitely be a mod on a pregnancy forum. Alex is a great guy and has done a lot for me and I owe him so much and will continue to do the best I can for him. We both have one main goal, which is to see people succeed in their weight loss efforts.

Again, I apologize for anyone whom I may have offended. I have lost people whom I considered to be friends over this issue, and I find that very sad. If you think I am sitting here on my high horse of power, well, then you just don't know me very well. I am not like that all, not one bit.

Im gonna put my 2 cents in as someone who's previously argued with HH. We had a go round about something then it was done with. We were never rude again and were able to get over it. I personally find him informative and his posts highly entertaining. Did he piss me off at 1 point yes he did. But so what were adults people piss us off daily. If someone annoys you then just ignore them. Don't cont to argue with them every chance you get. Were adults on the Internet not kids trying to get our big brother grounded. Just ignore someone you don't like it's not like it's a co worker or family member you have to speak to.

CONCUR! I have had someone on ignore for months and months and it has helped my blood pressure greatly! (And believe it or not, it isn't Plain!!)

Does the /ignore work on Mods? Probably not.

Don't believe we can, no.

Okay...

So I have this rash. Is that normal? (like that?)

ha!!! Only if you say it's on your chest or hooha!

But, don't you think by pm'ing people the details, so you can further rile them up, you are upsetting the apple cart? :blushing:

I am going to make one final post on this matter, and then I am done. I am coming off of a week in which I put in a ridiculous amount of hours in preparing for our biggest fundraiser of the year on Saturday. I am exhausted. I have been sick for two days and not feeling well. Then, we had to deal with a situation here that has been brewing for two months. The person in question has been sending me threatening/nasty emails. People I considered to be my friends are slamming me over a decision that was made by myself and the mods and endorsed by Alex. Aside from being the administrator here, I am also a human being. Human beings are allowed to make mistakes. I posted my frustration about this and many other things that are happening outside of here on Facebook. That post had no names mentioned in it. It was simply assumed whom I was referring too. While it has been posted quite a bit on here that I made that post, what hasn't been mentioned was that it was only up for a very short minute or so on facebook before I thought better of it and deleted it. Much like the post that was made about me being power hungry and who did I blow to get this job. How was that any different in terms of taking things personally, and attacking me on facebook? How do you think my husband felt about THAT comment? Or all the comments made about me in reference to it? I made a mistake in what I posted on facebook, knew it and took it right back down again. My deepest apologies for being human and offending anyone by it.

I will not apologize for banning a member, nor will I justify the reasons for doing so. It was a team decision, endorsed by Alex and I continue to feel it was the correct and appropriate action.

As for why am I here when I don't have a band, well, first off, I have a lot of experience with it. Brandy, you have experience with being pregnant and raising kids, so sure, you could definitely be a mod on a pregnancy forum. Alex is a great guy and has done a lot for me and I owe him so much and will continue to do the best I can for him. We both have one main goal, which is to see people succeed in their weight loss efforts.

Again, I apologize for anyone whom I may have offended. I have lost people whom I considered to be friends over this issue, and I find that very sad. If you think I am sitting here on my high horse of power, well, then you just don't know me very well. I am not like that all, not one bit.

Oh, are you tired? poor thing, poor baby...I'm sooo - uninterested in excuses.

If you're that emotionally swayed because of YOUR personal life, then you SHOULD NOT BE A MOD.

Eh..screw it....

<Insert empty space here>

Whatever more I say will probably just get deleted anyway, so why bother talking to a brick wall?

Susan, for me personally, though I don't LIKE that HH is gone, I understand how the decision was reached. I don't understand how Donna was allowed to slide -- which makes it look like a one-sided thing -- but whatever.

What I have an issue with now is the deletion of posts here for no apparent good reason. It just reeks of heavy handedness. I've BEEN a mod, so I understand. And as a mod, when things got too overwhelming -- in life and/or on the board(s) I was moderating, I took a break from it. Otherwise I too would get too emotionally involved in the issue and react out of emotion rather than legitimacy. Just a thought.

Someone's done their homework!!! Good job!

Secondly, love the grammar lesson. I find that very annoying too esp since I'm a Virgo. And to make it clear...you lose weight which, in turn, makes your clothes loose. just FYI.

My question to the thread is: Is it OK to take obvious LBT issues and then post veiled statuses on FB about said topic? Really....I'm not so stupid to not get the references. Wanna unfriend me? No time like the present.

I too lurve the ignore feature....have for month and months!

I have to confess that I am a messed up Virgo. I am irritated by stupid spelling and grammar mistakes too, yet I can’t spell to save my own life. To make matters worse (because I am a Virgo) I have horrendous OCD about it and have to spell check and reread everything I write fifty times to try to root out the bad spelling and grammar, then I still worry that I missed something. Woe is me:frown:

How about instead of an "Edit" Feature we have an "Editor" Feature? Maybe a mod dedicated to going back and correcting all of my grimmer and spelling so that I can sleep? Maybe it’s late and I’m taking this way too seriously:confused:

Ha, just got my comeuppance. I thought horrendous only had one R; thank goodness I double checked on dictionary.com. Grammar is with an A tho! ;-)

94 lost - good job!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

this carefree cancer who never puts something away in the same place twice is married to a virgo .... good balance :biggrin:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

this carefree cancer who never puts something away in the same place twice...

Hello! Another cancer here, married to a cancer. :biggrin:

Hello! Another cancer here, married to a cancer. :biggrin:

that's a big no no :lol:

who barks at the full moon or do you both?

Susan I didn't personally attack you if I did please repost it. I said they should revisit the mods yes. Forgive me if I didn't pay attention that you have a s.l.e.e.v.e (I don't pay attention to peoples personal lives enough to know) I just dont think ANYONE that doesn't have a band should moderate a band forum. My 2 cents and I am entitled to it.

pregnant 14 years ago doesn't give me the right to moderate anything. You must have a constant reminder to know what it's like.

I hate that if I type s.l.e.e.v.e it hyper links it to another forum.

Edited by Brandy~

Ha, just got my comeuppance. I thought horrendous only had one R; thank goodness I double checked on dictionary.com. Grammar is with an A tho! ;-)

94 lost - good job!

Thank goodness:thumbup:

If I screwed up a word in that post I would have had to kill myself. Yes, I have OCD for dictionary.com too (that and spell check).

94 lbs gone, Yippee:w00t:

I’m less focused on weight now and more interested in Total Body Fat (yet another obsession I’m afraid). Are “good” obsessions bad or are only “bad” obsessions bad:confused:?

that's a big no no :biggrin:

More importantly, with no Virgo in the house who makes sure you actually barked at the full moon?

that's a big no no :lol:

I bark. He's usually licking himself. :biggrin:

Big no-no is right. Sometimes it's just... arrrrggghhh!!