Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Potatie starts her PS journey

Hi Potatie. Congrats on your upcoming journey. From someone who just had TT a few days ago, I highly recommend finding the lift chair. I am using a regular recliner and, while it is very comfortable, I am unable to recline it by myself. I am constantly having to call out to DH when I need to get up or sit back down. Luckily he works at home, but I think the lift chair would have been really helpful.

Hi Potatie,

So excited for you! Thanks for sharing your PS journey with us! Absolutely amazing job on the weightloss! :blink: Looking forward to reading all your posts.

Barb

Potatie, I called around to healthcare rental places to find an electric recliner to rent and got lucky with my first call. It is less that $200 for a month and almost that for a week. I am so short , when I DID have a recliner I couldn't really use it because I couldn't reach the levers! The one I am going to rent has a type of ejection seat, so that thrills me, but hope I don't need a parachute, LOL!!!

Mimi

Thank you Mimi and Shalee, I am really thinking about it. I am going to have to make a few calls. Otherwise I am going to need everyone and their dog to push the legs down to get up. :thumbup:

Thanks Mimi. :biggrin:

Ok I am now getting nervous. I am 1 month out as of today. I get to go to pre-op on 10/20. So I am beginning my question list. I want to make sure I get all of my questions answered prior. :thumbup: I was so excited on my consult that I forgot to ask a few questions.

So I had the pre-op yesterday and I am ready for November 6, 2009. I am soo excited I will no longer have muffin top. YEAH!!!

So I had the pre-op yesterday and I am ready for November 6, 2009. I am soo excited I will no longer have muffin top. YEAH!!!

Potatie...just want to wish you the best of luck with your PS journey and kudos for taking this step towards completing your journey. :thumbup:

Thank you to both Skinnyjeans and Apples2 for kind words. I am getting excited. I can not wait for the improved me. I am not looking towards the pain. My doctors feel that the pain should be less than my ovarian cycst removal that I had last year. So that is a positive.

Thank you to both Skinnyjeans and Apples2 for kind words. I am getting excited. I can not wait for the improved me. I am not looking towards the pain. My doctors feel that the pain should be less than my ovarian cycst removal that I had last year. So that is a positive.

I have had numerous surgeries and have been pleasently surprised by a few of them and how I did not have the pain I expected. Just take it as it comes and let the pain meds your doc gives you help manage if you do have pain. Try not to worry too much about it ahead of time. Just look towards the end result and why you are doing this. :unsure:

Potatie:

I saw your post about being worried about the pain. They can give you this pain pump that they hook up inside you so that you can push a button to get instant anesthetic relief over your abdomen when you need it. It only lasts a few days, but it really saved me from alot of pain. I would use it just before trying to get out of bed and it numbs the area that was having the most pain. It only lasts for a few minutes at a time, but it certainly does help. I cannot remember what this thing is called, but maybe someone else can pipe in with the name of it. Oh yeah, when the pain medicine is gone you just pull the very thin leads out and throw the whole thing away.

Good luck!

Sue

Hi Apples, Thank you for the advice about pain. I will keep it in mind.

Hi Sue, I asked about a take home pain pump and my doctor does not do that. I will have a pain pump while I am in the hospital and after that I am on my oral medication. It looks like it is pretty strong. So I am hoping for the best. I am worried about the moving part. :closedeyes:

Katie K.