Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Potatie starts her PS journey

Hi Potatie. Congrats on your upcoming journey. From someone who just had TT a few days ago, I highly recommend finding the lift chair. I am using a regular recliner and, while it is very comfortable, I am unable to recline it by myself. I am constantly having to call out to DH when I need to get up or sit back down. Luckily he works at home, but I think the lift chair would have been really helpful.

Hi Potatie,

So excited for you! Thanks for sharing your PS journey with us! Absolutely amazing job on the weightloss! :blink: Looking forward to reading all your posts.

Barb

Potatie, I called around to healthcare rental places to find an electric recliner to rent and got lucky with my first call. It is less that $200 for a month and almost that for a week. I am so short , when I DID have a recliner I couldn't really use it because I couldn't reach the levers! The one I am going to rent has a type of ejection seat, so that thrills me, but hope I don't need a parachute, LOL!!!

Mimi

Thank you Mimi and Shalee, I am really thinking about it. I am going to have to make a few calls. Otherwise I am going to need everyone and their dog to push the legs down to get up. :thumbup:

Thanks Mimi. :biggrin:

Ok I am now getting nervous. I am 1 month out as of today. I get to go to pre-op on 10/20. So I am beginning my question list. I want to make sure I get all of my questions answered prior. :thumbup: I was so excited on my consult that I forgot to ask a few questions.

So I had the pre-op yesterday and I am ready for November 6, 2009. I am soo excited I will no longer have muffin top. YEAH!!!

So I had the pre-op yesterday and I am ready for November 6, 2009. I am soo excited I will no longer have muffin top. YEAH!!!

Potatie...just want to wish you the best of luck with your PS journey and kudos for taking this step towards completing your journey. :thumbup:

Thank you to both Skinnyjeans and Apples2 for kind words. I am getting excited. I can not wait for the improved me. I am not looking towards the pain. My doctors feel that the pain should be less than my ovarian cycst removal that I had last year. So that is a positive.

Thank you to both Skinnyjeans and Apples2 for kind words. I am getting excited. I can not wait for the improved me. I am not looking towards the pain. My doctors feel that the pain should be less than my ovarian cycst removal that I had last year. So that is a positive.

I have had numerous surgeries and have been pleasently surprised by a few of them and how I did not have the pain I expected. Just take it as it comes and let the pain meds your doc gives you help manage if you do have pain. Try not to worry too much about it ahead of time. Just look towards the end result and why you are doing this. :unsure:

Potatie:

I saw your post about being worried about the pain. They can give you this pain pump that they hook up inside you so that you can push a button to get instant anesthetic relief over your abdomen when you need it. It only lasts a few days, but it really saved me from alot of pain. I would use it just before trying to get out of bed and it numbs the area that was having the most pain. It only lasts for a few minutes at a time, but it certainly does help. I cannot remember what this thing is called, but maybe someone else can pipe in with the name of it. Oh yeah, when the pain medicine is gone you just pull the very thin leads out and throw the whole thing away.

Good luck!

Sue

Hi Apples, Thank you for the advice about pain. I will keep it in mind.

Hi Sue, I asked about a take home pain pump and my doctor does not do that. I will have a pain pump while I am in the hospital and after that I am on my oral medication. It looks like it is pretty strong. So I am hoping for the best. I am worried about the moving part. :closedeyes:

Katie K.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches