Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

eating for my september samurai

Ok, stupid question...

What are you eating now? How have your eating habits changed? What can't you eat? Do you miss anything you used to eat? What meal/item do you most enjoy that you didn't eat before?

Teri

It's amazing how my eating has changed in 11 months. I am now at my sweet spot eating only about 1/2 cup per meal. I am really having a problem with head hunger on that one. My mind is just not satisfied even though my stomach says it's full. As an example, yesterday we were traveling and stopped at an A&W for a quick lunch (chosen because we couldn't leave the dog in the car and they have car hops). I had a chili cheese dog w/o the bun and was full but my mind said "you can eat an ice cream. NOOOOO I COULDN'T!!! Still surprises me! I eat a lot of chili's and stews, etc. because they can be made with lots of vegetables and Protein in small servings. I will make a big pot of it, serve it to my family a time or two and then freeze the rest in small containers that are perfect for my lunch box. For Breakfast I ususally have an instant breakfast blended with a frozen banana & extra protein in the form of powdered Peanut Butter. dinner might be a very small portion of moist chicken and veg's or Soup or even just a couple of whole grain crackers with cheese. When I need a snack I maybe have tapioca pudding or yogurt. Has anyone else tried freezing the new whipped yogurt from Yoplait? It's like eating a tart ice cream. YUMMY!!!! Definitely not eating like I was a year ago!!

STILL LOVING MY BAND!!!!

:)

Wow look at you! You're doing so good.

For me... Well I'm not at my sweet spot at this point. I had been, but something happened, I don't know. It's just gone. Anyway, I couldn't for a time eat bread or anything breaded. Now I can eat the gummiest bread I ever thought of. So something is different. I find carb rich foods like Pasta are not a thing to my liking. My kids love it though, so I make like tons of meatballs (with very low fat hamburger and turkey mixed), and I eat them. No Pasta for me. Just doesn't taste good. Cookies are still a huge temptation for me. Ice cream too. But I fight often. I will have to try those whips frozen. I've been tempted before, but never done it. I'll pick some up today.

My normal breakfast is Cheerios and half a banana. lunch lately has been tuna with a tablespoon of light mayo, and some really low carb bread I have found. It's by pepperidge farms. It's 3 slices for 17 carbs and 90 calories. I usually have one or two. And I'll have like half a apple minus the skin. Then for dinner lately we eat a ton of chicken, usually grilled on my george foreman grill. Some lettuce with light salad dressing. I don't do stews often, because they don't stick with me.

that's where I am. Oh and I eat between 3/4 and one cup at a meal. I still find myself hungry, physically hungry 90 minutes later.

Teri

Sounds like you're eating well Teri. I wish I could eat bread and Pasta but they just dont' sit well. I can eat bread if it's full of seeds and chunks and try to have a bit every day just for the Fiber. I way I wish I could eat pasta and breads more but probably not because they are part of what got me where I was a year ago. I could live on sandwiches before the band. My doctor allows up to 3 Snacks a day if I get hungry between meals and some days I take advantage of them, other days not. I have the advantage of having my children grown so I don't have to cook for them and I also have time to exercise. It's a good thing that I don't have to do meals every day because I find it harder all the time to have any interest in preparing meals I won't eat. My poor husband!! Actually, I make sure he eats well, but it's not what he was used to. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Funny enough ... bread is what helps me eat anything .. i put meat or chicken into a bread and i m able to chew them but alone they get stuck ... I m eating almost everything I used to ... I m not losing fast but I m happy where I am ... I got band 1cc unfilled few days ago and now I m trying hard not to eat sweets and chocolates ... as I can hve higher portions of food... Sometimes I miss have a coke or a miranda but i over come that fast .... Happy where I am ... The year has passed fast ...