Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't think I want mac and cheese anymore lol meatloaf sounds good but can't have it ugh I've been eating sweet potatoes yogurt tried some steamed colliflour mashed tasted good had mashed potatoes yesturday, I wish I can have something mushy but good cream of wheat hurts my stomach now it never did before, I'm always looking for something mushy and can't find anything, the only fish I like is tuna fish in the cans (I can have fish on mushy week) I can't believe I start solids this Saturday but I'm gonna stick to mushies. I think for Breakfast I'm gonna just have yogurt, Protein Shake, dont know what to have for lunch, have a yogurt or Protein shake, then for dinner purée whatever they're having or find something else like idk what ahh

oh my - if Pasta was on my list...mmmmmmmmmmmm

i made ricotta bake for a LONG time to get my italian fixin' in:)

thank you 123!

I think I lived on ricotta and FF refried beans! Ricotta with marinara - yum!

I don't think I want mac and cheese anymore lol meatloaf sounds good but can't have it ugh I've been eating sweet potatoes yogurt tried some steamed colliflour mashed tasted good had mashed potatoes yesturday, I wish I can have something mushy but good cream of wheat hurts my stomach now it never did before, I'm always looking for something mushy and can't find anything, the only fish I like is tuna fish in the cans (I can have fish on mushy week) I can't believe I start solids this Saturday but I'm gonna stick to mushies. I think for breakfast I'm gonna just have yogurt, Protein shake, dont know what to have for lunch, have a yogurt or Protein Shake, then for dinner purée whatever they're having or find something else like idk what ahh

Erin~ Have you checked out the food & nutrition thread? There are tons of food ideas.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f82/mushies-stage-recipes-17637/

I have I printed some out, there was a recipie in there for chili and it was for the mushy stage, but I'm gonna see if there are new ones

Erin - Give this a try:

1/4 c. cottage cheese

1/4 c. spaghetti sauce

Heat in microwave. Sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese or mozzarella - whatever your diet will allow. If you do the mozz heat just long enough to melt the cheese. It takes like lasagna without the noodles.

I made pretend lazagna with ricotta cheese, sauce, and mozz and after awhile I couldn't eat it anymore cause I got sick of it and it gave me a stomach ache ):

I think mac and cheese is fine...I think I had it 2 wks post op. Make sure you overcook the Pasta by boiling it extra long so that it is really soft and not so sticky. I would forget about the microwave kind.

hahaha, opps, see what happens when I dont read page 2.

haha it's ok

Why would you want mac and cheese? To boost the effectiveness of your surgery, try replacing pastas and carbs with veggies and ground up roast chicken.< /p>

my doc told me today that on my mushy diet i can have whatever i want as long as i can mash it with a fork

I don't want mac and cheese anymore it sounded good that one day now it doesn't at all I don't really have an appetite and I haven't really had one side Friday night ): and my dr is on vacation and his nurse never called us back hopefully we can get through them today

I am not allowed any kind of Pasta or rice!! My Nut said if I aboslutely have to have it, it must be very overcooked and soft. If it isn't overcooked it contiunues to absorb liquid and swells in my pouch. I can have it as a special treat only once in a while.

When I need that hot cheesy fix...I usually take 1/4 of a baked potato and melt the cheese on it, sometimes I stick it in the toaster oven and it gets golden brown on top. Goes down easy with no problems.

yeah he's on vacation now so I have to wait till next week to see him I thought I was going to feel great at 3 weeks then all of a sudden I get sick and whatever I have I have had it since Friday night and I haven't been able to really sleep either. I have a feeling whatever I have is going to be with me until my surgeron figures out what to do I might after all have to get that fill out (I have the band that has the fill since the time of surgery) maybe the weird feeling in my throat will go away, I can't eat much, not even Soup cause I feel like I'm going to get sick, I can eat a little tho. Wish I was doing fine and feeling great but I'm not ay ay I can't stand up for long without putting my hand near my lips so I won't get sick, wish I could have gotten in sooner, this sucks I wanna feel happy like I was for two weeks :/ and like I was even before surgery...