Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2009 Surgery Date?

Hi everyone! I'm adding my name again, I somehow got dropped from the list. My surgery is Monday and I wish I could say I'm excited. They found a tumor in my stomach during the endoscopy and I'm waiting to go back to the hospital this morning to have a special endoscopy w/ ultrsound. Trying not to worry myself, surgeon says it's prob just a fatty tumor, but better to be safe than sorry. Hopefully all is well and I'll still have my surgery Monday. :)

Deekel, good luck to you. Thank God they found the tumor. And hopefully, it is just a fatty tumor like he said. It'll all be okay....and you'll be banded soon. Keep us posted. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Txtigergirl -- I'm with you on tomorrow's surgery date. I'm excited. What time tomorrow: I'm at 7:30 a.m. California time! Good luck to you and all of us out there getting banded this month!

Nooshie and Txtigergirl good luck tomorrow heres wishing you a fast and painless recovery. Talk to you soon and take it easy after surgery, don't over do it girls.

angela677 and kme and munkee's mommy good luck tomorrow hope all goes well keep us posted.

Hi Everyone, I am new on here. I am thinking I should have signed up a long time ago. It is great to hear both good and bad stories from everyone. I am scheduled for surgery on October 26th. I can't wait after all of the pre-surgery "stuff" I had to go through, I am SO ready for this.:)

Nooshie and Txtigergirl good luck tomorrow heres wishing you a fast and painless recovery. Talk to you soon and take it easy after surgery, don't over do it girls.

Thanks Tina! I'll be off work til Tuesday (and even might take Tuesday if I need to) so I'm planning on taking it easy.

Oh, here's a question for all of you that have been banded. Do they catheterize you for surgery? Were you intubated? Did you wake up with the tube in? I'm curious.

Edited by Nooshie
wanted to add to it.

My liquids are for 2 weeks prior to surgery. I've got my head in the game of sticking to the diet exactly,,, but my stomach hasn't got the memo yet. It's hard with your stomach grouling, lol When is your surgery? The 20th?

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa for us all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, my surgery is on the 20th and I can`t wait. My surgeon did not let me do liquid diet/ He advised I did low fat one. God knows I`ve done enough liquid diets to last me a lifetime. The various faddy diets which led to 2 decades of yoyo dieting. hope for good results for all of us.

Ugh-- I am quite clumsy :) So tell me, how long has it been like this??? getting any better?

And CONGRATS!!!

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I am now 14 days after the surgery and by about day 10 it no longer hurt to bend over, roll over in bed, cough, sneeze or laugh.

I think the port is starting to settle in. Other than a Jello incident on day 4 I am doing fantastic. I could possibly be the only person alive who has gotten Jello stuck. Thank goodness I just had to wait for it to melt.

Thanks for asking and reminding me to pick up all those things I pushed to the corner to pick up later.

Sarah

Txtigergirl -- I'm with you on tomorrow's surgery date. I'm excited. What time tomorrow: I'm at 7:30 a.m. California time! Good luck to you and all of us out there getting banded this month!

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL GETTING BANDED IS RIGHT!!!! I am nervous, but sick of this diet. I had to slowly cut carbs to 15 per meal. I've had 2 days of liquids and by goodness I think I'm ready. NERVOUS, but READY. GOOD LUCK PEEPS!!!:)

Hello Oliverdog,

Are you traveling to Belgium or are you from there? I know you mentioned you are traveling on Thrus hope everything goes well. Quick question I want to put my ticker in where do I put it? Is it under signature? I'm new to this stuff and would like to update my profile, and not sure where to save the photo thats in my profile to show like where your dog is, if you have time to let me know that would be great. How long are they saying you willl have to stay in the hospital? They told me 2or3 days.

Hi Tina, I am flying tomorrow, so excited I cant go to sleep but I will get enough with the op..... The picture is called your Avatar and the ticker goes in where your signature box is.. Cant quite remember how to do it but I followed the step by step instructions at the front of the forum home page under stickies I think? Hope this helps, will keep you all updated when I get back, I have to stay Thurs Night in hotel for meeting and surgery at hospital on Friday. Friday Night in hospital, Sat back to hotel, Sat night in hotel and can fly home Sunday. Hopefully I will be sleeping most of the time, or walking the corridors getting rid of the wind!! Speak soon x good luck everyone else being banded today and over the next few days....

Hello Oliverdog,

Are you traveling to Belgium or are you from there? I know you mentioned you are traveling on Thrus hope everything goes well. Quick question I want to put my ticker in where do I put it? Is it under signature? I'm new to this stuff and would like to update my profile, and not sure where to save the photo thats in my profile to show like where your dog is, if you have time to let me know that would be great. How long are they saying you willl have to stay in the hospital? They told me 2or3 days.

Hi Tina, I am flying tomorrow, so excited I cant go to sleep but I will get enough with the op..... The picture is called your Avatar and the ticker goes in where your signature box is.. Cant quite remember how to do it but I followed the step by step instructions at the front of the forum home page under stickies I think? Hope this helps, will keep you all updated when I get back, I have to stay Thurs Night in hotel for meeting and surgery at hospital on Friday. Friday Night in hospital, Sat back to hotel, Sat night in hotel and can fly home Sunday. Hopefully I will be sleeping most of the time, or walking the corridors getting rid of the wind!! Speak soon x good luck everyone else being banded today and over the next few days....:)

opps sorry typing in the dark as my husband is asleep snoring next to me lol........

Hey Chickychoo, So sorry to hear about your horrible start on this torturous liquid diet. I have to say I'm quite annoyed that there are so many variations of these pre-op diets. Of course, I had to have a doc that doesn't have Lean Cuisines on the menu.

I see we are band sisters. My surgery is set for 10/19 @ 2:30 p.m., not sure if I'll be spending the night or if they'll send me home. Best of luck to you and hang in there!

Thanks Tina! I'll be off work til Tuesday (and even might take Tuesday if I need to) so I'm planning on taking it easy.

Oh, here's a question for all of you that have been banded. Do they catheterize you for surgery? Were you intubated? Did you wake up with the tube in? I'm curious.

I didn't have any catheter or tubes when i woke up & am not even sure there were any ever other than in my throat...maybe, but I'm not 100%

:thumbup:

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL GETTING BANDED IS RIGHT!!!! I am nervous, but sick of this diet. I had to slowly cut carbs to 15 per meal. I've had 2 days of liquids and by goodness I think I'm ready. NERVOUS, but READY. GOOD LUCK PEEPS!!!:thumbup:

Good Luck Munkee's Mommy!!! I'm so sick of broth and jello!!!! :sneaky: I'm pumped for tomorrow. Bring on the band!!!