Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one Banded 8/4/09 or 1st week of August

I think my stomach is hitting my ribs. My port is on my right. On my left side I feel like a strained muscle but its not, I think its my stomach. Its goes from under my boob down and around my ribs to my shoulder blade. What could this be? I cant sit down, there's pressure. I can't turn, its pulls. I can't lean over, it hits. What could this be?

Hi August Bandsters,

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I can't wait to move on to mushies next week, I agree I want something salty (and crunchy but I know that will still be awhile.) My big problem is TMI coming, I am so constipated, I haven't pooped in July 30, I have tried, colace, coffee, apple juice, even milk of magnesia, I even resorted to drinking a protien shake, ( I am allergic to milk and the Protein Shakes give me a dumping syndrome type thing) you can tell I am getting kind of desperate. But other than that I am feeling really good, I love the band, and doing okay on eating, I have only been really hungry yesterday at lunch, so far so good. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Hi all!!

I was banded on 8 5 09 here in Atlanta, Ga by Dr Titus Duncan. I am feeling good. I went back to work on yesterday (8 10 09) and considering I work from home, everything was fine. This mornings I was able to get down about 2 -3 ounces of international coffee for Breakfast at about 7am. Then about 12 noon, I had 1/4 cup of cream of potato Soup with a pinch of cheddar cheese shreds on top and 2 teaspoons (literally) of swiss miss chocolate pudding. I am satisfied so far. I have 8 ounces of crystal light sitting by my desk waiting to start drinking it. My goal for this week is to start trying to get my Water in and to try to get back to walking. My love is swimming but I can't do that until 4 weeks post op..I still have problems with "head hunger"..I cooked smothered pork chops,rice and a tomatoe,basil and onion salad for my family last night and would have traded my first born for just one spoon of rice and gravy!!!:sneaky: but I didn't eat it, i sat down with my family and had cream of potato soup and 2 ounces of apple juice...hope everyone is feeling good and making great strides towards recovery..:w00t:

Hi All -

I was banded Friday August 7th in NYC. I'm on liquids and find that I'm hungry, but once I eat I'm good. Not getting enough Protein, so I tried Isopure today...horrible aftertaste, but I'll drink it. I wanted to let you all know that we have an August group that we formed a while ago. If you go to the home page of the forum and scroll down you'll get to 2009 Bandsters. Under that you'll find August 2009. We've got a group name and a great group of ladies and gentlemen there. I know some of you have found it already but I thought I'd let the rest of you know!!

Good luck everyone!

Jen

Hi all ,

I was banded on the 7th , Sat. Sun. Monday were fine went back to work today stayed six hrs. I got terrible shoulder pain, and i get tired quickly, I have not had any nausea and i am glad my left shoulder is hurting bad. I will be glad when the first month is behind us lol. tonite i had thin mashed potatoes and gravy and like 1/8 cup apple sauce. and i have had one Protein Shake. I don't think i am drinking enough or at least not today. Hope everyone is doing good.

OK Cat Martin and ToomuchRN! We will make a pact with whoever else wants/needs/ to take a great trip to begin our new journey..! Susan

Everyone seems to have the same pains. Do you believe, I have NOT been hungry once?! Wouldn't it be great not to even need 1 fill?! I doubt that will happen. Out of boredom, I make chicken salad in the blender! I was just sick of getting my Protein from something sweet! It wasn't as bad as it sounds, but tomorrow I may have to give my dogs a treat! I think the hardest part for me is to remember not to lift more that 10lbs! I hope everyone is feeling better tonight!

I am responding to your statement. I was on Clear Liquids for 3 days and full for ten days. My pain I was having was hunger but the gas pain was over powering the hunger so I couldn't tell the difference. Therefore I had to start thinking like a nurse. I decided to try some yogurt to see if my pain would stop. The got much improvement after I ate the yogurt. I was just hungry. I still have liquids but I also have a 4oz serving of food in baby food consistency. I feel great and I'm still losing weight.

A lot has changed for me in the past few days. I'm finding that my body isn't really hungry, but when I smell foods, I think that I'm hungry. I actually am having trouble getting enough of the Protein and liquids that my dr requires. If I drink too much too fast, I am so uncomfortable.

Maybe I spoke too soon. After not being hungry, now I seem to be and I am walking about 30min per day and it seems to be irritating my incisions. I sometimes really ache on the left side where the big incision is. Also, where they made the incisions seems to be lumpy now. Does anyone know if that is normal? I guess I am just anxious because I don't have my firt post-op appt until next week and I am worried I will not continue to lose weight. I want to keep this momentum up but I have to be realistic and not expect too much. Just feeling a bit down tonight.

Maybe

8/4 here! I'm getting better each day except I feel like a bloated tick. And I'm a little upset that I have gained back 5 pounds since I started on mushies on Monday. Seriously, how can anyone gain weight on less than 700 cal a day?! Can't wait for my 2 week follow up and talk to the nutritionist. Otherwise, I am very excited to get going and to get healthy!

264/253/165

Totally jealous of you early August Bansters! My surgery isn't till next Friday the 21st.

As for the lady who hasn't had a bowel movement since the 30th -have you tried the Fiber mix you can find anywhere - you cant taste and you can put it in your Water and disappears clear?

Maybe I spoke too soon. After not being hungry, now I seem to be and I am walking about 30min per day and it seems to be irritating my incisions. I sometimes really ache on the left side where the big incision is. Also, where they made the incisions seems to be lumpy now. Does anyone know if that is normal? I guess I am just anxious because I don't have my firt post-op appt until next week and I am worried I will not continue to lose weight. I want to keep this momentum up but I have to be realistic and not expect too much. Just feeling a bit down tonight.

Maybe

I totally hear you about the pain where the port is. I was 6 days post op and did too much and was carrying groceries in a felt a pull-pop feeling! Oh no, I think i tore something around my port. Now im sore there again, and bumps in the car are killing me!

I go to the Dr for my checkup on Monday Ill let u know what he says about port pain.

Happy day!

Banded 7/31 Two weeks today!!!

Thanks for reminding me I am doing a little too much! I need to ask for more help from my children. It's hard to do but I deserve it! LOL I am having a much better day today and have my appointment next week. Is anyone missing or craving the bad foods that you got you here to begin with?! I have noticed that lately and I guess just like anything else, this is a PROCESS and good and healthy behaviors take time and repetition to make lasting change.