Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Good Morning Gang

Karla - I'll paint your toes - not much grosses me out :0)

I'm going Sunday to get mine done - toes will be red white and blue for the 4th - hands will be netural - but hell if the weather doesn't change - no one will be seeing my toe :0)

Well at work gotta get to it..

CBL

Oh I knew I would get some kind of response from someone after posting that ;0) lol

Steph - we all are looking forward to getting together !!! Can't wait - Next Thrusday at this time I will be at our Beach House !!!

Phyl

Ya I'm not much on crating... But they say dogs are den animals and they like it and feel safe - do you have a blanket or towel inside

Ya taking them out every 1/2 to see if they have to go pee is a pain - make sure you get treats are reward her everytime she goes potty outside..

She can't be making that much noise - she's a baby - can't wait to meet her..

Well just stopped by the computer - headed to bed - I'm up late again tonite

food today.. BF - some watermelon - lunch salad & ck thigh - dinner 1 oz of Fiber gormenet Pasta (got stuck pb'd) 1 ck drumstick - and 130 ice cream cone..

Ryder chew a shoe - I gotta remember to shut the closet doors... At least it was on old one - but I wore them w/that green dress that I wore to the LAP-BAND® conference 2 yrs ago.. now I don't have shoes to go w/that dress...

Well going shopping saturday- found this great outdoor mall in Rancho Cucamonga - well this month my CC bill is only $200 - That's excellent for me ;0)

She actually seems to like the crate. We're keeping it near the door and last night...last trip outside, when we got back in she went in it by herself. Earl put a folded up blanket in there for her, so it's comfy. She stays quiet in there all night. And it's making me get up early because I feel guilty if I stay in bed past 7 a.m. Earl is sticking to his "she's YOUR dog", so he leaves her for me when he gets up. He did take her out when I got up though, because he took her harness off last night. Not sure why, but I can't do it myself... she's too wiggly.

Yeah... she does NOT make that much noise, and when she was barking at her toys it was hilarious and Earl was a nervous wreck and I think he was making more noise scolding her than she was making playing.

She's ignoring the shoes now that she has some more toys.

(Spoke too soon... she just went after Earl's new crocs again! short attention span, though, she's off to something else.)

She's pretty smart.. she is getting treats for good behavior and she knows exactly where they are!

Phyl, it is all about exercise. Next time you do the loop, bring her leash and have her walk as much as she can. One of the reasons my furries are having behavior issues right now is that I haven't been home enough for our evening walks. Also remember you are the boss, so you are in charge of when she plays with her toys. So in the evening if you want her to settle down and be quieter, put the toys up. Get the Ceasar book, I can't remember the name, AND if I knew where mine was, I'd bring it to you.

Our home on LBT isn't going to die! I can't 'stay clean' with out it. But with class I don't get home until late. But today is the last day!!! for awhile. I have homework that is due by Aug 1st and will work on that when I get back from Washington. Next week before I leave, I have to get my master's application done. Love you all, TTFN

The thing about making her walk on our "lake loop" circuit is we have to cross a really busy highway and cars completely freak her out. Once we got away from the main highway she settled down eventually, but then there's a long stretch where we have to go up the shoulder of the road. We had to take turns holding her for part of it because she was so scared she was trying to get out of the basket. So... I am continuing to walk her on the leash, but like Earl says... she gets pretty nervous when we get to blacktop! She's fine on the sidewalk and grass now... well except for tangling your legs up in the leash because she likes to weave between your legs! She almost killed a couple of neighbors with that! One lady picked her up weird yesterday and she tried to bite her.

Silly dog is afraid to jump down off our chairs. What a wimp! My recliner is electric and I sit with my legs elevated ALL the time. So if she's on my lap and she wants down... it's push the down button on the elevator and then she jumps off! Hilarious! Earl doesn't think so! He gets frustrated when she wants off his lap and is afraid to jump down. He won't put his foot rest down!! LOL

Now, Janet... I have to go to the gym for my pool PT in an hour. Think I won't ride the bike today. My calves were sore last night and I only did about 20 minutes yesterday. But, I'll still be gone about 2 hrs... shower, dry my hair and go get my latte on the way home. THEN, we're going to Walmart. I can't remember why... but one thing I know Earl is looking for is some kind of tool he saw on the internet to groom the dog! Like he knows what he's doing!! He's talking about some kind of comb that has a razor blade in it! I am going to have to closely monitor this one!!

Edited by phyllser

OMG aren't you the early bird now a days :0) I guess you will be joining the Janet club - up early cuz of fur babies :0)

That tool is a thinner to get the undercoat out so they don't shed so much - I haven't ever used one - Just take her to the groom every couple month - you are going to have to keep her butt cut (around the anus) cuz poop is going to get stuck there cuz of the hair - I have to clip both angel and bear - especially bear.. You can spend $30-$40 every couple months to get her professionally groomed - nails clipped - Teeth burshed - ears cleaned etc... I wash mine inbetween - but they get the works every couple months - plus I keep bear shaved in the summer - he has just too much hair for summer - he doesn't need his mink coat ;0)

Yes she's little - but you are do need to get her use to the leash and it takes a while - mine still like to tangle me - but not too bad - in the evening - take her to the grass and walk her - play with her so she will be tuckered out at night..

ok I really gotta get to work - saw your post and was shocked you were up at 7:30 posting lol lol lol

hugs & love

Okay... now this is getting pretty funny! The man who did NOT want a dog is heating her dog food in the microwave, brushing her all the time, told me that we can only have her at the beach house the first night because we're going to be too busy. So... we can have her one night so everyone can meet her, and then he's going to come and get her Friday afternoon. AND, he says he's picking up uis that day and dropping us off at Anthony's Home Port while he goes to the airport to pick up Linda. And... now we're taking the dog to Walmart with us beacause it's a cool day and she won't get too hot in the car. When I got back from the pool he had her all ready to go for a scooter ride with me to Surf Shack because she was "disappointed" that she didn't get to go with us when we went to the gym. I am trying to get her used to riding in the scooter basket as well as walking on the leash. The traffic freaks her out, but she was much more relaxed about it today.

ROTFLMAO

:smile::lol::thumbup::lol::frown::lol:

I KNEW IT

I JUST KNEW IT :bolt::lol::(

I REALLY AM ROTFLMAO - REALLY :woot::lol::lol2::lol::tt2:

Yeah, it's getting close to ridiculous! She's all cuddled up on his lap now... watching Judge Judy! He bought a "dog grooming" kit at Walmart! Took her outside to trim her and she totally freaked out. So he boxed it all up and he's taking it back. But then he took the comb and scissors to her and I do NOT like the outcome! She looks better now that she dried and fluffed up a little, but she looks way tinier than she did with all that hair. Then he decides she needs a bath. So he fills up the bath tub and takes her in there and gives her a bath with baby Shampoo. She freaked out AGAIN... like hysterically running around in circles all through the house! She didn't like being wet and was rolling in the rug trying to get dry. Tried to wrap her up in a blanket in my lap but she was too freaky! but it didn't take her long to settle down and now she's fine. What an exciting day!

She loves to play catch with one of her balls. But now all I can find is one. Two little tennis balls are temporarily lost! Engine/electrical noises freak her out... so electric trimmers were a bad idea from the get go!! Had to take her for a walk when Earl brought out the vacuum cleaner! So I took her for a walk and she wiggled out of the harness when a truck pulled in to the parking lot!

So... another exciting day in the Hand household! LOL!

I am up and moving around and much more active the past 48 hrs.. so you think the scale would move??? Maybe 1 lb! And busting my butt at the gym/pool this week, too. PT gal told me again today.. in all the time she has been there, NO ONE has done a program as vigorous as what I'm doing. She wants to start transitioning me from the pool to the gym. She says I'm "strong" and she wants to instruct me on the machines and monitor what I'm doing. So.. probably a good idea. Next week is so busy, only time I can go is 7 a.m. Thurs. morning... you don't have to get up that early, Candice!! But I'll get up at 6 a.m. so I can get over there by 7 a.m.... 8 a.m. was already booked. So, plenty of time to do my 1 hr, shower, dry my hair and get back home. And even plenty of time to go to Surf Shack before the airport!! LOL. Then the following week we will do one session in pool and one in gym.

Food has been good. Fewer Snacks, good restriction. Following the rules. My Skinny Cow treats... one a day usually, now have to be held high in the air between bites as usually have the new little critter on my lap when I'm having my treat and she thinks I should share! She also tried to get at my wine and cheese this afternoon!

Did a little shopping for our weekend today. I am finding that since Earl has been doing ALL the shopping, I am a bit overwhelmed by all the choices!!! HAHAHA!! I had a hard time deciding on a bag of coffee! And when I did... he came by and told me that was stupid because I could get a much bigger bag at costco for less $$$~~ !! So he wants to take Candice and I to Costco on the way home from the airport to pick up stuff like that, and he's going to get a pork shoulder roast at the same time and he's going to cook in for us ... I didn't know which popcorn to get either... 100 calorie bags, or what?? And does anyone want Decaf coffee? ?? I did get SF Hazelnut Coffee Mate powder. Hope that is right! And I got a variety box of Celestial herb teas for Candice. Three of them have chamomille in them, though...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! That puts me right to sleep! And I got a 5L box of Peter Vella Merlot. White wine in a box was "crisp" white, "refreshing" white or charonnay... so I didn't get any. Any other ideas??? Thought about making macaroni salad to go with the pulled pork, but... 210 calories for 1/2 cup. What do you think? Whole Wheat is 210, regular is 200! But Whole Wheat is healthier. Trying to think of what to have with the pulled pork. Baked Beans probably, and something else. Maybe baked potatoes. Earl suggested he bake some for us and we can heat them up.

Okay... this is making me hungry! After 6 pm... time to eat! food today... eggbeaters omelet w/shrimp, latte, chili for lunch, cheese and wine this afternoon. Still have left over chili so I'm having it AGAIN for dinner...my choice. Earl found some other leftovers.

Zoey just went in her crate! She likes it! Her two little tennis balls are still lost. We had to play catch with the big red ball. She hears the microwave going so she thinks she's going to eat again! Earl just fed her. Oh... HE had to pick out the dog food. I was allowed to pick out the treats! Give me a break! I thought this was MY dog!!! LOL!

Phyl, you are having a great time. She will settle down about all the new noises, just don't over react and baby her. If you baby her when she reacts she will think that you agree that there is something to be scared of. Remain calm, keep her leash short and tell her what a good girl she is. Short exposure, but DON'T REACT. I will try to do some digging and find my dog books. Ceasar Milan has a fabulous one, but I also have a couple of books that talk about how to deal with problem behavior. She is doing really good for the first few days in a new home.

Last day of class!! and the antique Road show tickets made it to my mom so her and a friend can go in my place.

Janet, thanks for doing my toes, I really want to try the red, but like I said, I can't see well enough to do it neatly.

I think I am outgrowing my quilting ladies. I stoppped by after to class to pick up some plants the lady who has the ponds picked up for me. All the quilting ladies were there and talking about the summer quilting trip and all their grandchildren. I just didn't care about the quilting trip. I would rather work and get my house organized, so am I just selfish? They keep talking about seeing the house and I asked them to wait until I get it organized. They said that they would just show up, I asked them not to and they said "Too bad." anyway, I guess I'm just shallow.

Well, I'm going to find some dinner. TTFN

Phyl, you are having a great time. She will settle down about all the new noises, just don't over react and baby her. If you baby her when she reacts she will think that you agree that there is something to be scared of. Remain calm, keep her leash short and tell her what a good girl she is. Short exposure, but DON'T REACT. I will try to do some digging and find my dog books. Ceasar Milan has a fabulous one, but I also have a couple of books that talk about how to deal with problem behavior. She is doing really good for the first few days in a new home.

Last day of class!! and the antique Road show tickets made it to my mom so her and a friend can go in my place.

Janet, thanks for doing my toes, I really want to try the red, but like I said, I can't see well enough to do it neatly.

I think I am outgrowing my quilting ladies. I stopped by after to class to pick up some plants the lady who has the ponds picked up for me. All the quilting ladies were there and talking about the summer quilting trip and all their grandchildren. I just didn't care about the quilting trip. I would rather work and get my house organized, so am I just selfish? They keep talking about seeing the house and I asked them to wait until I get it organized. They said that they would just show up, I asked them not to and they said "Too bad." anyway, I guess I'm just shallow. Well, I'm going to find some dinner. TTFN

Yeah, she's doing great considering she's been here barely 48 hours! She seems quite comfortable with us. And candy is starting to wander out for short visits. I think she's going to be fine with it eventually, too. This weekend in the RV should be very interesting!! They will be in very close quarters for several days!!

Phyl

This is just to freaking funny about Earl & Zoey - She will get use to baths - mine don't love them - I bath them in the kitchen sink - it's easier on the back - and then wrap them up in a towel and dry them and then brush out - those clippers from the store don't work - i got some and the only thing they are good for is the but cut as I call it (sanitary cut at the pet store ;0)

Gotta put that harness on tighter...

Mac salad sounds good - yes sf hazelnut is great... how about some green Beans - we need veggies ;0) - don't worry about the food - we will figure it out- and - I would get the lite big bag popcorn - cuz once it's made everyone is going to eat it - you me and candice can go shopping when I get there too..

I just booked our room for our Oct trip.. Guess who might be coming - but it's a secret so don't say anything on the other thread - Charlene !!! I am so glad - she and Great have been on it the longest..

Karla - I should have been a beautican - I love doing girly stuff..

I'm pooped - it's 9 haven't eaten - and I am going to have a long day tomorrow - SHOPPING then the bday party - so I will be on in the morning - then gone for the day

Phyl btw - great going on the exercise !!!! Yes I think it's going to help !!!!

Janet, I so can see you as a beautician, you would be perfect.

I'm tired today. Had a drean that I forgot to go to work. Hummm, a subconcious wish? nah, I need the $$$$. Monday should be fun at work...we are suppose to be 90 degrees. I don't like working when it is so hot. We have to keep watering everything and then it gets all muggy. I know I'm whining. Like I said, just tired.

Phyl, if you get a chance when you go to costco, would you pick up a bag of frozen blueberries? My standard Breakfast is blueberries, Kashi Almond Crunch, and Dannon lite & fit vanilla yogurt. I will bring the Kashi and I can pick up the Dannon lite when I get there, but I imagine the blueberries would be difficult to get to. I usually snack on 100 cal packages of kettle korn, but I'll bring that. I'll bring the stuff to make Steph's yummy chicken salad, costco cans of chicken dejion mustard, light miracle whip, tidbit pineapples, craisins, almonds, red onion, and celery. When I'm being fancy, I put it in cantelope halves. I think I still have enough chicken, but if you think about it, why don't you pick up some cans of chicken from costco. Believe it or not, I have tried it with lots of different brands, but the Kirkland is the best. Or, I can cook and chill some chicken breasts. What about chef salad one night using spinch leaves and regular salad leaves? There is a great yogurt based ranch style dressing that Lighthouse has, lighter on calories.

Will we be able to go beach combing? I love to search for cool rocks, shells, and ocean glass. Okay NOW I'm getting excited.

Suppose I shoudl get ready for work, check in tonight, TTFN

Good Morning

Been up since 3 A.M. :smile:- Andrew went to concert in LA it;s a 2 day thingie Electric Daisy Carnival or something like that - well at 3 call - they can't find car - think it's been towed - cops pick them up (andrew & 2 gf) take them to the police station - at 3:30 I call - now the car is stolen. Talk to Andrew he's going to call a friend to take them back to hotel (andrew's phone and camera were in the truck of the car) well just got call from Andrew at 5 - car wasn't stolen - just lost - the cops found it but they had to walk 6 miles in not nice areas (LA Callosium sp) to get it during the middle of the night - at one time Andrew called 911 cuz of the area and car passing by - this is after 5 hrs at the concert dancing - They didn't park at the venue - Tonite they will..

So it's going to be a LONG LONG day for me - These kids are learning valuable lessons - don't loose the car ;0) Make sure to remember where you parked the car.. Park at the venue.. instead of side streets in LA. this is the 1st time they have done this kind of concert - didn't think to tell them to park at the venue - figured it was automatic and that they needed to leave early cuz there would be lines of cars.

They are safe and sound and that's all that matters - Thank God !!!

Phyl

This is just to freaking funny about Earl & Zoey - She will get use to baths - mine don't love them - I bath them in the kitchen sink - it's easier on the back - and then wrap them up in a towel and dry them and then brush out - those clippers from the store don't work - i got some and the only thing they are good for is the but cut as I call it (sanitary cut at the pet store ;0) Gotta put that harness on tighter...

Mac salad sounds good - yes sf hazelnut is great... how about some green Beans - we need veggies ;0) - don't worry about the food - we will figure it out- and - I would get the lite big bag popcorn - cuz once it's made everyone is going to eat it - you me and candice can go shopping when I get there too..

I just booked our room for our Oct trip.. Guess who might be coming - but it's a secret so don't say anything on the other thread - Charlene !!! I am so glad - she and Great have been on it the longest..

Phyl btw - great going on the exercise !!!! Yes I think it's going to help !!!!

Zoey got all wound up about 10 pm!! Freaky playful! Sometimes you just can't settle her down. Then she did her little "I want something" bark at 3:45 a.m. very quiet little woof. then if you don't respond it's another "woof". After three woofs I decided she had to potty. So I took her outside and she had to poop. I'm half asleep... it's the middle of the night.... it's dark out and scary quiet. I don't feel like walking around in the wet grass to see if there really is a pile of puppy poop out there somewhere... she squatted in three different places. So I waited until this morning to go pick it up. Then I put her back in her crate, get in bed, and 10 minutes later realize that I didn't say "GOOD GIRL!" and give her a treat!! GUILT!! Oh, well. At that point it was too late. She keeps chewing on her back leg and it's getting all pink and irritated. Should I put some antibiotic ointment on it???

Figure out how much I owe you for LV and I'll give you a check when you get here next week.

Yeah... 4 days in a row of exercise... I need a break today! Shoulder a little sore. We will do "lake loop"... me on scooter.... in a little while and I'll take Zoey in the basket again. Unfortunately, candy seems to be very depressed! She came out a few times yesterday, but wouldn't sleep with us last night because the dog...in crate... was in the room on Earl's night stand.

Phyl, if you get a chance when you go to costco, would you pick up a bag of frozen blueberries? My standard breakfast is blueberries, Kashi Almond Crunch, and Dannon lite & fit vanilla yogurt. I will bring the Kashi and I can pick up the Dannon lite when I get there, but I imagine the blueberries would be difficult to get to. I usually snack on 100 cal packages of kettle korn, but I'll bring that. I'll bring the stuff to make Steph's yummy chicken salad, costco cans of chicken dejion mustard, light miracle whip, tidbit pineapples, craisins, almonds, red onion, and celery. When I'm being fancy, I put it in cantelope halves. I think I still have enough chicken, but if you think about it, why don't you pick up some cans of chicken from costco. Believe it or not, I have tried it with lots of different brands, but the Kirkland is the best. Or, I can cook and chill some chicken breasts. What about chef salad one night using spinch leaves and regular salad leaves? There is a great yogurt based ranch style dressing that Lighthouse has, lighter on calories.

Will we be able to go beach combing? I love to search for cool rocks, shells, and ocean glass. Okay NOW I'm getting excited.

Suppose I shoudl get ready for work, check in tonight, TTFN

Okay... I wrote that all down on my shopping list.

Yes... we're right on the beach.. so you can beach comb to your heart's content!

Earl just looked up weather report for next weekend. Chance of rain Sat/Sun, temps in the 60's. He says to tell you all to bring warm clothes!

Been up since 3 A.M. :smile:- Andrew went to concert in LA it;s a 2 day thingie Electric Daisy Carnival or something like that - well at 3 call - they can't find car - think it's been towed - cops pick them up (andrew & 2 gf) take them to the police station - at 3:30 I call - now the car is stolen. Talk to Andrew he's going to call a friend to take them back to hotel (andrew's phone and camera were in the truck of the car) well just got call from Andrew at 5 - car wasn't stolen - just lost - the cops found it but they had to walk 6 miles in not nice areas (LA Callosium sp) to get it during the middle of the night - at one time Andrew called 911 cuz of the area and car passing by - this is after 5 hrs at the concert dancing - They didn't park at the venue - Tonite they will..

So it's going to be a LONG LONG day for me - These kids are learning valuable lessons - don't loose the car ;0) Make sure to remember where you parked the car.. Park at the venue.. instead of side streets in LA. this is the 1st time they have done this kind of concert - didn't think to tell them to park at the venue - figured it was automatic and that they needed to leave early cuz there would be lines of cars.

They are safe and sound and that's all that matters - Thank God !!!

Good Grief!! Enough drama for one day??? And doesn't sound like you can find time to squeeze in a nap!! Glad everything turned out okay!!

Text messages from my sister.... Uncle Ed's surgery is over and went well-"best possible scenario", per the surgeon. They should be able to see him in an hour and the doctor said he'll probably go home on Tuesday! Kind of fast for an 86 yr old guy who just had heart bypass surgery!!!

Edited by phyllser

wow, Janet makes a threat.... and posts start to happen!!!

Too funny, I`ve been crazy busy here..

Friday, the whole day was taken up with my drive to T.O. for my Eye recheck appt.

I was on the Hwy400 going south, and the northbound trafic was all Motorcycle Cops and Black stretch limos about a dozen of them!!!! all doing 150 mph.... it was the heads of state from all the G8 and G20- countries ... they arriaved at Pearson Intl airport then had to be driven 2 hours north to Huntsville Deerhurs resort where the ENTIRE village of HUNTSVILLE is on LOCKDOWN.... seriously, its a big deal here... we have spent BILLIONS in security for this event... way crazy... Pres. Obama flew in on his Airport 1, the Marine 1 flew him up north the rest of the way. So he didnt`have to go in the `Black LImo Motorcade`

Anyways, I digress.... eye appt went fine, vision is even better than last week... but, I am allergiac to the artificial tears... seems they have asome preservative in them that some people are sensitive to... SO after buying BIONIC Tears with no pres. I am now fine and eyes are feeling good.

Last night Pters band played in Barrie, so I got to try out my NIGHT Vision.... Great!!! I could see really well in the dark, so that is wonderful.

food, uh ate RIBS 2 nights in a row, now only 1/2 rack and no FF... so pretty good, 2 glasses of wine though and then 3 cups of coffee.... band finished at 2 a.m. so I am tired today.

Phyl, the doggie diatribe... too funny.... tell EARL top STOP heating the dogs food.... it will spoil her!!!! and make her a FUSSY Eater!!!

Remember what Ceasar says, `SHE IS A DOG, not a CHILD substitute... so treat her LIke a dog... feed HER after not before YOUR meal... this teaches her the pecking order... she is Not ALPHA dog.... YOU are...

Can`t wait to meet her... I still am not packed but getting closer.

HUGS,

C

wow, Janet makes a threat.... and posts start to happen!!!

Yeah! We're all afraid of Janet!! LOL

Too funny, I`ve been crazy busy here..

Friday, the whole day was taken up with my drive to T.O. for my Eye recheck appt.

I was on the Hwy400 going south, and the northbound traffic was all Motorcycle Cops and Black stretch limos about a dozen of them!!!! all doing 150 mph.... it was the heads of state from all the G8 and G20- countries ... they arrived at Pearson Intl airport then had to be driven 2 hours north to Huntsville Deerhurs resort where the ENTIRE village of HUNTSVILLE is on LOCKDOWN.... seriously, its a big deal here... we have spent BILLIONS in security for this event... way crazy... Pres. Obama flew in on his Airport 1, the Marine 1 flew him up north the rest of the way. So he didnt`have to go in the `Black LImo Motorcade`

AMAZING!

So ya think Obama is a spoiled brat??? HAHA

Anyways, I digress.... eye appt went fine, vision is even better than last week... but, I am allergic to the artificial tears... seems they have asome preservative in them that some people are sensitive to... SO after buying BIONIC Tears with no pres. I am now fine and eyes are feeling good.

Last night Peters band played in Barrie, so I got to try out my NIGHT Vision.... Great!!! I could see really well in the dark, so that is wonderful.

IMPRESSIVE!!

food, uh ate RIBS 2 nights in a row, now only 1/2 rack and no FF... so pretty good, 2 glasses of wine though and then 3 cups of coffee.... band finished at 2 a.m. so I am tired today.

Phyl, the doggie diatribe... too funny.... tell EARL top STOP heating the dogs food.... it will spoil her!!!! and make her a FUSSY Eater!!!

Remember what Ceasar says, `SHE IS A DOG, not a CHILD substitute... so treat her LIke a dog... feed HER after not before YOUR meal... this teaches her the pecking order... she is Not ALPHA dog.... YOU are... Can`t wait to meet her... I still am not packed but getting closer. HUGS, C

You tell him!! I'm not going to rock the boat!! LOL! I went and got $400 out of my "mad money" acct this morning. And when I tried to give it to him, "here is some of the money I owe you." He looked real sheepish and wouldn't take it! First he said he didn't want cash. He wanted me to deposit in the American Express acct... I can only get cash out of that savings acct... not a check. AND, I can't "deposit" something to a credit card!! I paid for the dog with my Am Ex cc. He knows that! I told him I'd go get a money order with it and mail it to our checking account. He nixed that idea too! Then hhe told me to put it back in my account! So I told him to take $100 cash and I would take $100 and I'd put the rest back! So that's what I did!

At Walmart yesterday he wouldn't let me pick out the dog food! He said I could pick out the treats but HE was picking out the dog food! So he bought the same thing the lady had been feeding her. The lady gave us a zip lock bag full of dry food... which will last forever at the rate she eats (!), and 1 can of something else I can't remember the brand name now. But... she's still eating the first can! She only eats a couple of tablespoons of that twice a day and a little bit of dry food.

Tracy and Jim were here with Gigi today. They don't yet play together, but they get along very well. I'm still worried about candy. First I thought she was just pouting... but now I'm thinking... she's depressed! She and Zoey were staring each other down in the hallway today.. which is probably a good thing! At least Candy came out of her hideaway! Tracy took this picture of the two dogs on my lap... I said, Gigi is smiling for the picture but Zoey is trying to wiggle away!

post-220150-1381313942053_thumb.jpg

Sounds like you and Earl are having a good time getting all situated as new Doggy owners!!

No I dont`think OBAMA is spoiled, if HIS motorcade had gotten on our one and only highway north... it would have been bedlam and no one would have gotten to their COTTAGES up north this weekend!"!!

Oh my, have you turned on CNN?? They are covering the protesters in downtown Toronto.... The G20 leaders are hving their Sat. night supper... now most of the 3000 protesters are just that .,.,lawfully protesting... its a freedom of speach thing... but then there are these RABELROUSERS who have come to the city from other places in the world to start trouble!!! Throwing bricks at police, smashing store front windows, then setting several Police cars on fire!!!

I hope the cops through them ALL in Jail!!!