Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Good morning...

Karla thinking of you - Hugs

Candice - what are you doing today... More gym & eating healthy..

Phyl - All packed yet (lol)

Well gotta hit the shower - cbl...

good morning ladies. Just a flyby!

busy getting pink ribbon stuff lined up. It is shaping up to be something special. I'll share more about that later.

There were a couple of tornados up here last night. 2 died. Very sad and unusual for our area. That makes 3 deaths in the area in the last couple of months from horrible weather. So sad for our community.

gotta run. Have extra kid today. See you!

There were a couple of tornados up here last night. 2 died. Very sad and unusual for our area. That makes 3 deaths in the area in the last couple of months from horrible weather. So sad for our community. gotta run. Have extra kid today. See you!

Heard about the tornadoes and the deaths. So sad!! Figured it was in your area when they showed the map of MT and where it was.

Karla thinking of you - Hugs

Candice - what are you doing today... More gym & eating healthy..

Phyl - All packed yet (lol)

Well gotta hit the shower - cbl...

Karla gone until Wed..... scattering dad's ashes, right?

So, where is Candice???

Not packed yet. Promised to choose hats today. Three bags next to my chair!!

Took early lake loop, then Surf Shack. Got 1/2 price rock fish and shrimp at Safeway on the way back. Had shrimp cocktail for lunch and will probably have the rock fish for dinner.< /span>

Took Zoey for a walk around the complex after lunch. She sure had a great time outside last night, playing with the neighbor kids on our little hill. They were throwing the ball to her and she was chasing them around and jumping all over them when they were rolling down the hill outside our door... three of them including little boy upstairs....Gavin. Must try to remember his name. I think he is about 4yrs old.

Hi gang: I;m here, I''m here.... had to work today, and came home with a WHOPPER of a headache.

Took an Advil, didn't do anything, then I took a Tyl#3 from an old tooth Rx of Peters....

Had Beans/Chicken/Pineapple for supper.

Tomorrow Zumba class... yeah, and I heard from my ol' gym friend Michelle... she's back in town!! She is so sweet like my 2nd daughter.

O.k. Clinic just called, I was supposed to work this Thurs, next Tues, Wed & Thurs... oh now thy only want me for 3 of those days!!! GRRRRR.. see why I quit working there, tired of being yanked around!:)

Hugs Steph on your towns loss - that so sad... Glad your pink thingie is going smoothly... How the food going - any exercise

Heard about the tornadoes and the deaths. So sad!! Figured it was in your area when they showed the map of MT and where it was.

Karla gone until Wed..... scattering dad's ashes, right?

So, where is Candice???

Not packed yet. Promised to choose hats today. Three bags next to my chair!!

Took early lake loop, then Surf Shack. Got 1/2 price rock fish and shrimp at Safeway on the way back. Had shrimp cocktail for lunch and will probably have the rock fish for dinner.< /span>

Took Zoey for a walk around the complex after lunch. She sure had a great time outside last night, playing with the neighbor kids on our little hill. They were throwing the ball to her and she was chasing them around and jumping all over them when they were rolling down the hill outside our door... three of them including little boy upstairs....Gavin. Must try to remember his name. I think he is about 4yrs old.

Phyl - Ya Karla is gone to scatter Dad's Ashes .. Bella is gone tonite - Andrew had to babysit his bros & sis at his mom's house over night - so it's just me and angel & bear - sorta nice not to have to watch bella 24/7 as she's still being potty trained..

Hi gang: I;m here, I''m here.... had to work today, and came home with a WHOPPER of a headache.

Took an Advil, didn't do anything, then I took a Tyl#3 from an old tooth Rx of Peters....

Had Beans/Chicken/Pineapple for supper.

Tomorrow Zumba class... yeah, and I heard from my ol' gym friend Michelle... she's back in town!! She is so sweet like my 2nd daughter.

O.k. Clinic just called, I was supposed to work this Thurs, next Tues, Wed & Thurs... oh now thy only want me for 3 of those days!!! GRRRRR.. see why I quit working there, tired of being yanked around!:scared2:

Candice - didn't know you were going back to work - thought you said no after all - guess you didn't..

Hope the headache is gone..

Well had boot camp tonite - it's a great work out I hate/love it - tomorrow weights and yoga..

dinner Soup (from last night )

I am headed to the couch ...

Tracy & Jim drove down the coast Sunday/Monday. Spent last night at Chris & Kellie's, Pismo Beach tonight. I think they're going to San Diego and Temecula.

Stupid puppy is running around with her bed on her head. She's nuts! She gets under it and then starts spinning around! This is her crazy time. Walked her around, played ball with her, and borrowed 4 yr old from upstairs to run her around on the lawn! Oh...then took her for a scooter ride to try to settle her down! Didn't work.

I almost had leftover Soup tonight, too, but found that rock fish at Safeway.. 1/2 price. We really like it... I think it's RockCod. But that soup was sure good. Will have it again tomorrow.

Tracy & Jim drove down the coast Sunday/Monday. Spent last night at Chris & Kellie's, Pismo Beach tonight. I think they're going to San Diego and Temecula.

Stupid puppy is running around with her bed on her head. She's nuts! She gets under it and then starts spinning around! This is her crazy time. Walked her around, played ball with her, and borrowed 4 yr old from upstairs to run her around on the lawn! Oh...then took her for a scooter ride to try to settle her down! Didn't work.

I almost had leftover Soup tonight, too, but found that rock fish at Safeway.. 1/2 price. We really like it... I think it's RockCod. But that soup was sure good. Will have it again tomorrow.

Phyl, I don't know if you know this, but baby cows have a time of day that they just start running and jumping and chasing each other. It's just about dark, depending on what time that is. It's like recess time on the playground. I think Zoey must be part cow dog :scared2: Wonder what she would do if you started to moo at her.

Went to toy story 3 tonight. Stupid movie made me cry. How dumb is that????

Things aren't going smoothly around here in any fashion. Pink ribbon is frustrating, but I'm faking it until I make it. It will work out. I know it will! Michael is turning into a little prick! I'm ready to throw him out...but then he got mad tonight and went to the sheriff and told him I DID kick him out....who then called the county family services who told him that I CAN'T kick him out (but I didn't) and now has to have a home visit with me because he said I threw him out and the sheriff called her before calling me. When he called me and I explained what happened and he went to Michael with my side, Michael said, yes, that is what happened and he "messed up." R U KIDDING ME? Messed up? If that isn't the under statement. Anyways.....stress is up, which means that any freedom I had in my band is gone. frizzle frazzle fluffybump! food sucks, exercise sucks, attitude sucks....but going to stay positive.

Oh...and thanks you guys for the kind thoughts and prayers. This area has been rocked by tragedy all year. Started with a couple of suicides, then a murder suicide, 2 car accidents, now 2 tornadoes. That may seem like not that much but when the county only has maybe 3000 people total...it's been a rough 6 months. We need some good news! Anyways. I'll see you tomorrow. Just wanted to pop in.

Good Morning ...

Steph - Hugs on the Michael issue - OMG yep a little prick - time for some consequences !!! Sure hope things settle down for you - Hugs Hugs Hugs

Phyl I have caught rock cod but never eaten it - Bella was gone last night - sorta nice not to have a baby in the house..

Karla - you come home today I think Been thinking about you.

81 right now only suppose to be 108 but w/humdity... But not too bad

Candice - Have fun at Zumba - going to try it again Friday - don't think I will be doing it on a regular basis - but GF wants to go - and truly all I have to do instead is sit in front of the computer ;0) - so might as well go..

Ah, Sandiego"!!! I have ALWAYS wanted to go there!!!

I laugh my head off at the dogs antics!! Remember, you were warned at how active she was gonna be LOL :scared2: DO some more TRICK training... teach her to `touch`` a little tamboorine, roll over etc... it takes MENTAL energy, but tires them out none the less.... will save you some walking & running and paying allowance to the KID upstairs :)

LEFT OVERS!! I have been the queen of leftovers lately, last week I made my Aunt Flo Beans and we ate them 6 times!!! Gotta take a chicken out today and make something NORMAL to eat....

Phyl, I don't know if you know this, but baby cows have a time of day that they just start running and jumping and chasing each other. It's just about dark, depending on what time that is. It's like recess time on the playground. I think Zoey must be part cow dog :o Wonder what she would do if you started to moo at her.

Went to toy story 3 tonight. Stupid movie made me cry. How dumb is that????

Things aren't going smoothly around here in any fashion. Pink ribbon is frustrating, but I'm faking it until I make it. It will work out. I know it will! Michael is turning into a little prick! I'm ready to throw him out...but then he got mad tonight and went to the sheriff and told him I DID kick him out....who then called the county family services who told him that I CAN'T kick him out (but I didn't) and now has to have a home visit with me because he said I threw him out and the sheriff called her before calling me. When he called me and I explained what happened and he went to Michael with my side, Michael said, yes, that is what happened and he "messed up." R U KIDDING ME? Messed up? If that isn't the under statement. Anyways.....stress is up, which means that any freedom I had in my band is gone. frizzle frazzle fluffybump! food sucks, exercise sucks, attitude sucks....but going to stay positive.

Oh my Gosh Stephanie. Dosn`t Michael remember living AWAY from home for 6 mos???? Does he wanna go back there??? He does not appreciate the nice home and family that he has. I hope that you CUT off his computer time for 2 wks for that Sherrif stunt. Perhaps he dosn`t realize that when he is `crying Wolf`and taking up Police time that the Police are then NOT available to take emergency calls...

Oh...and thanks you guys for the kind thoughts and prayers. This area has been rocked by tragedy all year. Started with a couple of suicides, then a murder suicide, 2 car accidents, now 2 tornadoes. That may seem like not that much but when the county only has maybe 3000 people total...it's been a rough 6 months. We need some good news! Anyways. I'll see you tomorrow. Just wanted to pop in.

Terrible times for you community, that is a lot of grief for so few people... Have you had any flooding? Its been bad in western Canada too. Did you see the hail that came down in Calgary?? Totally bizarre summer weather....

Good Morning ...

Steph - Hugs on the Michael issue - OMG yep a little prick - time for some consequences !!! Sure hope things settle down for you - Hugs Hugs Hugs

Phyl I have caught rock cod but never eaten it - Bella was gone last night - sorta nice not to have a baby in the house..

Karla - you come home today I think Been thinking about you.

81 right now only suppose to be 108 but w/humdity... But not too bad

Candice - Have fun at Zumba - going to try it again Friday - don't think I will be doing it on a regular basis - but GF wants to go - and truly all I have to do instead is sit in front of the computer ;0) - so might as well go..

Karla; How you doing today? We`re thinking of you girl!!

Yes, Janet: ZUMBA is tonight!! Get up off the couch and go with your friend, she probably needs your Support, just like we all do.

Forgot to take my nighttime meds last night, I was UP at 6 a.m. could not get back to sleep... was gonna go outside and garden(catch up with the weeds) looked outside, and its freeking raining:mad: so I am down in the basement, just about to go quilt for a few hours then meeting a GF for coffee..

ya, I`m at the clinic tomorrow...blecht:crying: but it`ll be $300 I can stash away for travel, or botox:biggrin:

oH YEAH weight this a.m. 186!! Totally gross....

Edited by peaches9
honesty

Chef Meg's Healthy chicken Vegetable Casserole

Nutritional Info

• Fat: 8.8g
  • Carbohydrates: 35.8g
  • Calories: 316.9
  • Protein: 27.7g

Ingredients

12 oz chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, poached, and cubed into 1/2 inch squares

2 T all purpose flour

2 T butter, unsalted

10 oz skim milk

1 pinch white pepper

1 t Italian seasoning

1 T parmesan cheese, grated

7 oz penne Pasta, whole wheat

2 yellow or orange bell peppers, chopped

1 zucchini, chopped

2 heads, approx. 12 ounces broccoli, chopped

1/3 c monterey jack cheese

nonstick cooking spray

Directions

Place chicken breasts in a small saucepan with a lid. Cover chicken with cool Water. Place saucepan over a burner on low to moderate heat. Bring to a simmer; cover with lid and poach for approximately 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked. (This step can be done the night before.)

Prepare the white sauce by placing the butter in a small sauce pot that has been preheated over medium heat. Once the butter foams, add flour and stir for 1 minute; try not to let the mixture turn brown. Add milk to the mixture and continue to stir until it starts to bubble. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add pepper, Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese to the sauce. Stir to combine. Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, preheat oven to 350 degrees. During the last minute of the pasta's cooking, add the chopped broccoli to the water. Allow to simmer for one minute.

Drain the pasta and broccoli. Spritz the bottom and sides of a 9 X 13 oven-proof casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine the pasta and broccoli with the chicken and chopped vegetables; cover with the sauce. Place in the baking dish. Sprinkle with the Monterey jack cheese and cover with foil.

Bake for 20 minutes; remove foil and continue to bake until cheese is melted.

Number of Servings: 6

Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CHEF_MEG.

Candice - Warning Tough Band Love here

WTF are you doing to yourself !!!! What is going on in your head !!! What are you eating !!! Why are you eating !!!

What are you missing in your life that you are turning to food for comfort !!!

Come on now - You gotta get control of this.... Today not tomorrow not Monday - TODAY !!!

Skip the Pasta & the cheese in that casserole !!! Detox your body of sugar and starches!!!

When you go to coffee - no treats !!!

You gotta get back into a healthy life style !!!! You spend $$$ for botox - what about your heart !!! What about your health !!! You think fixing the face is going to take away the look of the extra lbs.. Nope GF - I too use to spend all the time in the world on my face and hair - thinking that would take away from my fat body - all I was was a pretty fat girl..

Hate to be so tough on you - but I love you and I want you to feel successful - I want you to beat this demon (food addiction) you can do it - Do you have any idea why you are sabbotaging yourself - If you don't want to share that part then don't - but I want you to think about it - really study on it - why are you fighting yourself...

gotta go to the dentist...

I love you and just want the best for you.,.

xoxoxox

Janet

Hi ladies!

Janet, I think I missed something. Where is it that Candice is eating crap? I've been reading all about her exercise and great stuff, but maybe I missed something. I was looking at the recipe she posted thinking it sounded great....the family would eat the Pasta as I can't, and the nutrition info looked positive. Share with me, please before I make em.

Candice, what are Aunt Flo beans....good for easing discomfort during Aunt Flo's visit, or you really have an Aunt Flo? I love Beans but family doesn't so much. As far as San Diego, the girls were talking about coming over during my 3 day walk and be walker stalkers. Jeff and I are then talking about going on a cruise right after. You and Peter could join us! It could be a mini 7's reunion. 3 days in San Diego, Jeff will need someone to pal around with while all that estrogen is out and about. Earl, Peter, and Jeff...now THAT is a fun thought. Remember, it's the weekend before Thanksgiving (ours) and then we are cruising out of L.A. on a 4 day which means we will get off the boat on Thanksgiving day.

Okay. I LOVE that idea! Ladies? San Diego in November....any of you that can make it. I think it would be amazing!

Let's see...what else was I going to say. hmmmmm. I forget. I might be back when I remember.

Love you ladies!

Hi ladies!

Janet, I think I missed something. Where is it that Candice is eating crap? I've been reading all about her exercise and great stuff, but maybe I missed something. I was looking at the recipe she posted thinking it sounded great....the family would eat the Pasta as I can't, and the nutrition info looked positive. Share with me, please before I make em.

Candice, what are Aunt Flo beans....good for easing discomfort during Aunt Flo's visit, or you really have an Aunt Flo? I love Beans but family doesn't so much. As far as San Diego, the girls were talking about coming over during my 3 day walk and be walker stalkers. Jeff and I are then talking about going on a cruise right after. You and Peter could join us! It could be a mini 7's reunion. 3 days in San Diego, Jeff will need someone to pal around with while all that estrogen is out and about. Earl, Peter, and Jeff...now THAT is a fun thought. Remember, it's the weekend before Thanksgiving (ours) and then we are cruising out of L.A. on a 4 day which means we will get off the boat on Thanksgiving day.

Okay. I LOVE that idea! Ladies? San Diego in November....any of you that can make it. I think it would be amazing!

Let's see...what else was I going to say. hmmmmm. I forget. I might be back when I remember.

Love you ladies!

Steph - Candice's scales 186 lbs - that means eating hasn't been good - she did say last week she was working on exercise but that eating wasn't good..

No the calories aren't bad - but if you skip the pasta it would be better (if you are trying to loose weight)

I would say BF & lunch during weight loss phase were 150 -200 max - dinner around 300- 350 + Snacks (300 -400)

I am just concerned that those scales are moving more and more upwards - hell she was in the 170's not too long ago..

I am gone the 11/27 for a week on my family vacation

Candice - Warning Tough Band Love here

WTF are you doing to yourself !!!! What is going on in your head !!! What are you eating !!! Why are you eating !!!

What are you missing in your life that you are turning to food for comfort !!!

Come on now - You gotta get control of this.... Today not tomorrow not Monday - TODAY !!!

Skip the Pasta & the cheese in that casserole !!! Detox your body of sugar and starches!!!

When you go to coffee - no treats !!!

I did go for coffee, skinny iced latte, 2 sugar twins... no desserts!! I did look at them, but I have never eaten any from THAT place cause they look too damn good - and the portions are HUGE!!!

now confession time; YES I have been eating bad, started to take off my Seattle lbs, then whammo - I finished reading that really good book and STARTED Eating again... argh. No one to blame but myself... 100 lashes with a wet PASTA NOODLE!

You gotta get back into a healthy life style !!!! You spend $$$ for botox - what about your heart !!! What about your health !!! You think fixing the face is going to take away the look of the extra lbs.. Nope GF - I too use to spend all the time in the world on my face and hair - thinking that would take away from my fat body - all I was was a pretty fat girl..

Are you sure? I am just a pretty fat girl??? I REALLY laughed when I read that Janet

Hate to be so tough on you - but I love you and I want you to feel successful - I want you to beat this demon (food addiction) you can do it - Do you have any idea why you are sabbotaging yourself - If you don't want to share that part then don't - but I want you to think about it - really study on it - why are you fighting yourself...

I wish it was TOUGH that would spin my head around, I don`t know why I eat... some of it is boredom, I know... some is rebellion too.... get pissed when Peter goes out so much... I know that`s selfish, but its how I feel, left out.

So I try and plan something FUN, like going to the movies with a GF.... they even SHE is stunned at the amount of popcorn(buttered of course) that I can eat... she goes `( can you eat that banded????) dah, yup with enough butter on it I can.

gotta go to the dentist...

I love you and just want the best for you.,.

xoxoxox

Janet

Janet; I know you love me, I know all you ladies doo.... geesh.... 500 cals so far today... this is Wed... and I`m not waiting until MONDAY to start.... I will never be mad at any of you for speaking the truth.

But, At least I`ve been going to the gym.... that`s good for my heart.

Hi ladies!

Janet, I think I missed something. Where is it that Candice is eating crap? I've been reading all about her exercise and great stuff, but maybe I missed something. I was looking at the recipe she posted thinking it sounded great....the family would eat the pasta as I can't, and the nutrition info looked positive. Share with me, please before I make em.

Aunt Flo Beans.... Stephanie I nearly wet myself .... for your time of the month beans.... a HOOT!!!:scared2: no, I really do have an Aunt FLo (Florie actually) its her old recipe... and they are wonderful....

Where does the CRUISE ship go for those 4 days???

Love you ladies!

Steph - Candice's scales 186 lbs - that means eating hasn't been good - she did say last week she was working on exercise but that eating wasn't good..

No the calories aren't bad - but if you skip the pasta it would be better (if you are trying to loose weight)

I would say BF & lunch during weight loss phase were 150 -200 max - dinner around 300- 350 + Snacks (300 -400)

I am just concerned that those scales are moving more and more upwards - hell she was in the 170's not too long ago..

I was 175 , last fall when my daughter got married... that`s the LOWEST I`ve been since banding....

Summer is really hard, icecream lurking on every corner... and it always goes down... I am not even much of a `drinker` when I am not on vacation... so its not that.... just sugar and junk:frown:

I am gone the 11/27 for a week on my family vacation

I have a turkey breast cooking in the oven right now, the leftovers will be good and I can make HEALTHY leftovers... chicken salad (Karlas) and chicken/ broccoli casseroles... Soup etc....

I have so much stuff in my freezer, that i do not want to buy anything NEW until I clean it out... so theres lots of chicken and pork roasts... some steaks...

NO ICecream, NO Cookies, NO popcorn

I am so sick of starting over , and over FLICK when will I ever get this throu my thick freeking head:drool:.... but i must, I can`t let this scale creep any higher"!

Hi all! Skimmed through the last couple of weeks (only took an hour or so). So much to comment on. Phly's getting ready to move again--must mean summer's winding down?, Janet--I've been wanting to try Zumba too--Mindy does it and she loves it. But I can't even run after Cora for a day without needing a Percocet and ice pack as soon as she leaves. At least Levi's content to be rocked in the rocking chair (what a grandma I am!) I hope I can make it till next summer. Steph--keep working on the counseling--focus on the changes in yourself; you have no control over what Jeff does. It's a process. Carla--I admire your independence--and how you keep all your plates spinning! I'm glad that you can take some time and sit on your deck and just appreciate who you are and what you've done! Candice--sure wish I could do someting about the miles between us. We would have such a blast laughing at each other trying to do latin dancing! OMG. Keep trying to learn the moves so you can teach them to me next time! Put it on the agenda for next reunion: Zumba and Latin dancing led by Janet and Candice!!! (I'll need some Sangria for that!)

Me? On a little hiatus. Students are all in their clinicals now, so all I need to do is be available in case they get into trouble. One of them had a needle stick last week, so there's lots of paper work and follow up after that happens. Luke and Nicole stopped over Saturday n ight on their way home from Sarnia (Canada) where Nicole's grandma finally had knee surgery. All the kids will be around on the 8th for the triathalon, then I have to go to Minneapolis for a site visit on the 10th. Inservice is the 17th and classes start the 19th :cursing: Before then I need to finish up the new curriculum and make sure everyone else has done their part. I also need to order more books and packets b/c we are adding another section again this year which means more overload for me. Not happy about that, but since this IS my last year, I'll suck it up and get through it.

Hip is definitely getting worse. I'm icing more and take Tylenol on a regular basis, with the occasional Percocet. I have the application for a temporary disability sticker which my dr said he'd sign for. I just hate the idea of needing it, so I haven't brought it in yet. As long as I stay off it, I'm fine. I know, I know--I should just have the surgery and get moving. Such a dilema. I want to get my ducks lined up at work and quit; not have to give it away only to take it back again for a semester and then retire.

So that's my update. I should be able to keep up with you guys for a few weeks. I feel like such an outsider sometimes, but I miss you!