Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Phyl

LOL 38 purse - I have maybe 20 - that includes evening bags - Hats 3 plus my visors - shoes who knows alot..

Why would a man do that - that's too funny..

Enjoy babysitting - maybe Earl will change his mind :0)

Hi Gang, fly by post... sorrry.

Janet; You are right to be worrying, I did well for 1 day then fell into a vat of chocolate... I will get back on track just taking longer than I thought:glare:

Linda; You are right to be comforted by little CORA she is a treasure for SURE!! She`d make going to the dentist almost pleasurable.

Phyl: the Coach Purses... OMW... don`t ever let him find THEM or he`ll have a YARD sale and get you down to 10 purses...

Steph; have a blast at Bucking Horse... let us know how you did in Sales$$$$

kARLA; wORKING away on finishing joining all thew 36 blocks for that BLUE-Yellow quilt... I HATE IT TODAY.... its HARD work right now... like wrestling an aligator to get it under the sewing maching throat.... ARGH! I am taking a break from it right now before I go nuts-O

Gigi and I walked to Surf Shack.... pretty long walk, right Candice?? Then Earl wanted to walk down to the lake, so we put Gigi in the scooter basket. That lasted until we got almost to the lake. She scared the crap out of me because she suddenly jumped out of the basket... out the FRONT, and I almost ran over her! So then she walked with Earl for a while. But she kept stopping to sniff everything and he was getting frustrated and put her back in the basket. But I was afraid she'd jump out again so I held her on my lap all the way up the hill. Then Earl walked her again until we got within a block of home. Then she went back in the basket until we got home. I kept a strong hold on her leash so she couldn't jump out again. Now she is completely exhausted and sleeping!

post-220150-13813139305944_thumb.jpg

post-220150-13813139306241_thumb.jpg

post-220150-13813139306524_thumb.jpg

Candice Girl I am going to kick you ASS... Come on now - we are almost 3 yrs out!!! Get your butt in gear - No More freaking excuses - and that's all they are are excuses - you can do this - it's so rewarding to get to goal weight - it's worth the work - it's worth not eating choc or ice cream - it really really is - you can still have some just not every day..

Why did you get the band - to eat around it - is that why you spent $16k or whatever it was - I know you are self pay..

Starting this very freaking second - go in the kitchen and throw away the crap - hide the car keys from yourself and sit down plan a menu - eat healthy - and get your butt to the gym.

Come on now you arent' working yet - you have all freaking day - get up eat bf - then hit the gym - come home and take dogs for a walk - eat a healthy lunch and then mid afternoon go back out for another walk - talk them to the beach...

I am serious here - NO sluffing off - You all can do it - I don't know why you keep telling yourselves you can't ...

Phyl love gigi - how cute... Yep it's great to exercise them just like kids you gotta wear them out..

Phyl love gigi - how cute... Yep it's great to exercise them just like kids you gotta wear them out..

Yeah... we wore her out... I think she's been sleeping off and on for about 3 hours. On my lap now.

Yeah... we wore her out... I think she's been sleeping off and on for about 3 hours. On my lap now.

Ya, she is really sweet!!! Oh I can so `see`you with a doggie... You know you can get Earl to agree to anything, just work on him girl....

I for got to tell you, On Sat. I was driving my DD and my SIster out for supper and two german sheppards ran out onto the street RIGHT in front of my car!!!! Meaghan yelled and I slammed on the brakes... just in the nick of time. Stupid, stupid neighbor did not have her dogs leashed on her property... she is lucky they are both still alive. I felt TERRIBLE, I was shaking just thinking of what Might have happened.

Janet; you are right. I have to get out my Beck book and get at it...

Good Evening Gang

Candice - If I was closer I would be at your house right now - if fact if you were on line - I would be skyping you...

You might want to get this book too Women food God

No matter how sophisticated or wealthy or broke or Enlightened you are, how you eat tells all.

If you suffer about your relationship with food — you eat too much or too little, think about what you will eat constantly or try not to think about it at all — you can be free. Just look down at your plate. The answers are there. Don't run. Look. Because when we welcome what we most want to avoid, we contact the part of ourselves that is fresh and alive. We touch the life we truly want and evoke divinity itself.

Since adolescence, Geneen Roth has gained and lost more than a thousand pounds. She has been dangerously overweight and dangerously underweight. She has been plagued by feelings of shame and self-hatred and she has felt euphoric after losing a quick few pounds on a fad diet. Then one day, on the verge of suicide, she did something radical: She dropped the struggle, ended the war, stopped trying to fix, deprive and shame herself. She began trusting her body and questioning her beliefs.

It worked. And losing weight was only the beginning.

She wrote about her discoveries in When Food Is Love, her first New York Times bestseller. She gave huge numbers of women their first insights into compulsive eating and she changed huge numbers of lives for the better.

Now, after more than three decades of studying, teaching and writing about what drives our compul-sions with food, Geneen adds a profound new dimension to her work in Women, Food and God. She begins with her most basic concept: The way you eat is inseparable from your core beliefs about being alive. Your relationship with food is an exact mirror of your feelings aboutlove, fear, anger, meaning, transformation and, yes, even God. But it doesn't stop there. Geneen shows how going beyond both the food and feelings takes you deeper into realms of spirit and soul to the bright center of your own life.

With penetrating insight and irreverent humor, Roth traces food compulsions from subtle beginnings to unexpected ends. She teaches personal examination, showing readers how to use their relationship with food to discover the fulfillment they long for.

Your relationship with food, no matter how conflicted, is the doorway to freedom, says Roth. What you most want to get rid of is itself the doorway to what you want most: the demystification of weight loss and the luminous presence that so many of us call "God."

Packed with revelations on every page, this book is a knock-your-socks-off ride to a deeply fulfilling relationship with food, your body...and almost everything else. Women, Food and God is, quite simply, a guide for life.

Library Journal

While "God" is in the title of this latest work by best-selling author Roth (When Food Is Love), she touches only lightly on religion, focusing instead on why some people use food to mask their emotions. Overeating numbs feelings and erases unpleasant life experiences, Roth says; eating ends up being about bloating and indigestion, not about enjoying food. Through a series of inquiries, Roth helps overeaters find the underlying reasons for using food as an emotional buffer. Roth also provides seven basic guidelines for eating (which do not include counting calories) and other therapeutic self-help tools. Whether the trap is eating brownies or shopping in excess, Roth's advice could be applied to any addiction. VERDICT This is an excellent book for anyone tired of quick-fix diets. Having experienced the ups and downs of emotional eating herself, Roth offers readers genuine and heartfelt advice. [see Prepub Alert, LJ 11/1/09.]—Phyllis Goodman, West Chester P.L., OH

More Reviews and RecommendationsBiography

Geneen Roth is the author of eight books, including the New York Times bestselling When Food is Love and The Craggy Hole in My Heart and the Cat Who Fixed It, a memoir. She has been teaching groundbreaking workshops and retreats for over thirty years. Roth is a contributor to many publications from The Huffington Post and Good Housekeeping to O:The Oprah Magazine. She and has appeared on numerous national programs including Oprah, 20/20, Good Morning America, The View AND NPR's Talk of the Nation . She lives in northern California with her husband. For more information about her work, please visit Geneen Roth, author of Women Food and God.

This book tells you - NO MORE DIETS - as I keep saying they don't work - and so does she.. Try this book - it may just make that light blub go off in your head - so you can have your ah ha moment... Cuz that's what it takes I think -

Well home from work - cleaned out the fridge - went to target - got it's complicated - thinking of going to watch it tonie..

Food - Jerky for bf - lunch cobb salad - dinner ?? Turkey cutlets - but I don't know what to do with then - or maybe just a salad.. scales this a.m. 136 and that's with eating biscuits and gravy and Cookies this weekend...

Go tomorrow to get these contacts ck'd out again - he has a 250 in both eyes - I think they are too strong - I got the 2.25 in my right eye and I can see fine - but my left eye sucks... I am about fed up with these contacts - I like the freedom of them - but at work if the print is tiny or lite i gotta put on my 1.25 glasses..

Phyl - the check is in the mail :0) - It's in an Desert Empire Insurance envelope :0)...

oh ya - have my Earth wind and fire concert tomorrow night and the my gf Dad's funeral on Saturday at 2 - so I guess I can't get stupid friday nite !!! lol

Well, gotta go ck my other thread - cbl

Candice, you and me both, I haven't even had time to finish reading Beck. Actually, I'm not even sure which box it is in...sad but true.

My realtor is stopping by for one of my lattes. It will be nice to see him. He is a real inspiration, 12 years ago his family had an intervention for his drinking. The family was told that if he didn't agree to go into rehab within the first hour that it would be unlikely that he would. Two hours later, he still hadn't agreed, but before the night was over, he did go into rehab and hasn't drank since. He is active in AA and frequently gives talks about his addiction. His family never gave up on him. So...if he has controled his alcohol addiction, we can control our food addiction. Granted food is more difficult because you must eat to survive, but we don't have to eat sugar. We all need to remember that we can 'beat' our addiction

Ya, she is really sweet!!! Oh I can so `see`you with a doggie... You know you can get Earl to agree to anything, just work on him girl....

I for got to tell you, On Sat. I was driving my DD and my SIster out for supper and two german sheppards ran out onto the street RIGHT in front of my car!!!! Meaghan yelled and I slammed on the brakes... just in the nick of time. Stupid, stupid neighbor did not have her dogs leashed on her property... she is lucky they are both still alive. I felt TERRIBLE, I was shaking just thinking of what Might have happened.

Janet; you are right. I have to get out my Beck book and get at it...

Yeah, Gigi scared the heck out of me today, too. She was riding in the basket on our way down to the lake when she jumped out without any warning and I almost ran over her. Did I tell this story already?? So then she walked with Earl for a while. He put her back in the basket for this section where we have to walk on the shoulder of the road, but when she started acting like she was going to jump out again I put her on my lap until we got back to where there was a sidewalk. Then she walked with him until we had to cross the highway.

post-220150-13813139306806_thumb.jpg

post-220150-13813139307092_thumb.jpg

I see that Sue Magoo is lurking. Gosh it's been forever since I've heard from you. How are you?

Hi Sue

How are you doing ???

Ok Gang - it's been suggested that we have a $$$ beat - and that may help you get motivated - I know it will w/Phyl cuz she's competitive ;0)

So who want's in ...

Hello everyone, I have been trying to eat something for dinner, unfortunately everything I try, I stick, so I have given up and having a protien drink. I hate when I get this way.

anyway, had a good visit with my realtor & WIFE, he knows better than to bring someone new to my disaster of a house. They brought a house warming gift and a really nice note.

Hope you have a good evening, tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! can't wait, I need a day off.

Hello everyone, I have been trying to eat something for dinner, unfortunately everything I try, I stick, so I have given up and having a protien drink. I hate when I get this way.

anyway, had a good visit with my realtor & WIFE, he knows better than to bring someone new to my disaster of a house. They brought a house warming gift and a really nice note.

Hope you have a good evening, tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! can't wait, I need a day off.

Karla

I've been thinking about our addiction - and you hit the nail on the head - yes we are addicted to food - but you know what we aren't addicted to healthy foods - it's the bad food - there is not Healthy Drugs either - well vitimans ;0) - but you know what I mean

So ya we are addicted to sugar and fats - those things we can avoid - we are stronger than them.

So as long as we avoid them - and don't allow that devil to tell us it's ok - we can win..

Heck girl you have had a day off ;0) you played hooky..

Tomorrow nite - Earth Wind & Fire for me - so that means come home get dressed and make sure house is picked up..

Janet, I know, I'm just perpetually tired right now. Tuesday did allow me to recharge, but I'm looking forward to Saturday so I can get some yard work done. I feel the need to dig in the dirt. Get my glad bulbs in the ground and plant a couple of rose bushes. Plus the kids at school have a bad case of spring fever, heck I HAVE a bad case of spring fever. But not too many weeks left. It is suppose to be a glorious weekend, in the 80's. I may jsut have to shave the old legs so I can wear a pair of shorts, but I will have to remember tons of sunscreen.

D#5 heads to Idaho Falls on Sunday to start her summer job. She will be living with DD#2, earning her keep watching their furry for 2 weeks while they go to Alaska. I hope that all goes well.

DD#4 actually came home for the last 2 days with a much better attitude. At least she wasn't surley and actually did a few things.

Linda, we are so glad you are here, hang out with us!! We are stronger when we are here to support each other.

Well suppose, best get ready for work, but it is Friday AND I think I will come home and take a nap!!! I want to get the BBQ cleaned up and filled, I'm hankering for some BBQ'ed flesh. Maybe I can eat that without getting stuck.

Next week I hope to get back into the habit of walking the furries after school. They will have so much fun sniffing out the new neighborhood!

Well, best go TTFN

Yeah, Gigi scared the heck out of me today, too. She was riding in the basket on our way down to the lake when she jumped out without any warning and I almost ran over her. Did I tell this story already?? So then she walked with Earl for a while. He put her back in the basket for this section where we have to walk on the shoulder of the road, but when she started acting like she was going to jump out again I put her on my lap until we got back to where there was a sidewalk. Then she walked with him until we had to cross the highway.

Ah Phyl, those 2 pictures... cammon... I was almost crying when I saw the one of Earl and the dog...You gotta be melting by now eh?

Um, Janets post... I totally LOVE the way you guys care.. I dont' know what's up with my Lack of motivation.. I feel really yuky right now.

Is it a letdown reflex? Home from the great trip and now what?

Then this job... had a staff meeting last night wow, there was a lot of estrogen in THAT room... I like the new staff, but its the old staffers that have me concerned.

Going out for a drive with my QUllting buddy today... we're gonna run the rails...

CBL