Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

My pre op diet starts on the 18th, and my surgery is scheduled for the 28th. My pre op diet is basically a clear liquid diet with milk products in moderation. I have noticed these last few days that I am wanting to eat all my favorite things, as if I will never get to eat them again, which I know to be untrue. I don't think i have gained any weight because of this, but I certainly wouldn't be suprised if I have. I have considered starting my liquid diet earlier, but not sure if that is such a good idea either. I am disappointed in myself for these last few days. I just need to get back on track, I know. But the disappointment weighs heavily.

I was just wondering who is having surgery tomorrow: Sept 14? I'm scheduled first thing in the AM. I have to be at the hospital at 6am and am scheduled for a 7am procedure. How is everyone holding up that's scheduled for tomorrow? I'm freaking out a little. I never did entirely quit smoking...(however I've cut WAY down). I told my doc and he said that it slows healing, but he was still going to operate..

Also, is anyone sure about the whole magnesium citrate thing? Are we supposed to take it the day before surgery, or two days before, or both?

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow.

I had my surgery on 9/4/2009 and I am now 9 days post-op and practically pain free. Yeah! I can cough with out that annoying pain on my left side and I can move without that worrisome gas. I feel great! I weighed in yesterday at 251. My pre-op was 269!

I am happy as a bee eating honey :-). My post-op visit is Tuesday and maybe I'll be back to work on Thursday.

Would I do this over again! Without a doubt...a resounding YES!

Thanks to Cathy and Delma for the advice on how to get the gas pain to a minimum. Cheers!

Hello! My surgery is also tomorrow on the 14th! It's 2:00 and i just drank my Magnesium Citrate. A nice colon cleance before surgery! I've had my last meal and am nervous and excited! good luck to You!

Peace~Love

hmarko....interesting, so we were operated at the same time (you are at 2pm on the east coast, I am at approx 11 am on the west coast) My surgery lasted approx. 1h and 45 minutes. My Doctor also fixed the hiatal hernia, I was not even aware that I had one.

I am glad to hear that you were not nauseous at all, I felt really bad. Especially during the night. I thought that I had to vomit around 3 AM, walked around a little, took my medications and then finally the nausea disappeared (and never came back). The nausea was the worst thing about surgery.

I do not know if I have any restrictions or not, I am not hungry at all, I drink Water, tea, Soup and Isopure during the day and have no appetite at all, I have to force myself to even drink the soup.

I have not had a bowel movement since surgery, should I be concerned? Or is this normal while being on a liquid diet?

Good luck to you and all September Bandsters! I still cannot believe that I finally have my band, I do not even feel it ;-)

Stardustic - we got banded the same day. Mine started at 2 pm and I left by 10 pm.

I was not nauseous at ALL! I am Soooo shocked. I had general anesthesia before and it was a misery. I was dizzy and nauseous it was horrible. Before going into the OR as we were getting ready w/ forms etc... a research team came in and they told me about a drug they are researching FDA approved that helps w/ the nausea. I immediately said sign me up. I don't know if that is why but I had none whatsoever. How groggy were you when you came out and do you know how long your surgery lasted? I was under for an hour.

I got the Lap Band (Doc picked) and she did do some fill but I don't know how much - I didn't ask. I can't tell if I feel any constriction or what is what everything is sore. But not too bad with the Lortab and I'm up and about walking.

Edited by stardustic

Hello! My surgery is also tomorrow on the 14th! It's 2:00 and i just drank my Magnesium Citrate. A nice colon cleance before surgery! I've had my last meal and am nervous and excited! good luck to You!

Peace~Love

My surgeon does not require the Magnesium Citrate and OMG I am sooo glad, i hate that stuff! Besides, I have been on liquids for 2 wks, not sure it would do much of anything :tongue2:

I am having my surgery tomorrow at 8am and I am super nervous too....excited but nervous. My doc hasn't said anything to me about magneisum caltrate so I'm not sure about that one. Good luck with your surgery though.

Hi everyone! You are all in my thoughts and for those of you who have surgery tomorrow no worries you will do just fine!

So, I am now 5 days post op. Couldn't even think about food , had a difficult time even getting down sips of the shake, then today I don't know what happened but I blew it.

I had slow cooked a roast overnight for my family and friends to eat during the Cowboys game today and my absolute favorite thing about roast is not the meat or veggies , its dipping slightly buttered bread into the gravy until its drenched. I ate half a slice :thumbdown:. yes it was soggy and liquidy but omg what have I done? How was it possible for me to eat this? Yes, I was stuffed afterwards and no I did not have any issues tummy/band wise with it. I am so upset with myself! It took me 3 years to mentally decide to do this and here I go partaking in one of my previous bad habits. I was doing so well too, I didn't even have cravings for anything prior to this. There are people who are desperately trying to get banded and here I am blessed with the band and I abuse it. :)

@tzn, how are you doing 5 days out? i to was banded on tuesday and i have been able to eat mushy foods as well as drink the Protein Shakes. Don't beat yourself up over the soggy bread - just know better next time :-) my DH came in with fried chicken last night, i just wanted to eat every wing in the pan but i ate my potatoes and crumbled ground turkey and got over it. you have to make up your mind to get over it. i only had to do liquids for 3 days after surgery and then moved to mushies...pudding and turkey salad has never tasted so good! LOL - anyway how are out feeling - are you still dealing with gas pains? how do you know you are full?

Please respond and let me know-

thanks

I am getting banded tomorrow... I am a bit nervous and yet excited.. looking forward to sharing my journey with you guys

Welcome Everyone please join our list.. Just copy, paste, add yourself, and post.

September Band List

Soco 9/01/09

Amandakrangel 9/1/09

Coloradomom (Gen) 9/1/09

ms_Hart37 9/1/09

mosean6278 09/01/09

katklaws 09/01/09

SmilinShel (Michelle) 09/01/09

Comet321 (Chris) 9/1/09

ivy76 9/02/09

$occer mom 9/3/09

Jmtmb (JoLynne ) 9/4/09

JLDChester(Jamie)9/4/09

Cortney75 (Cortney) 9/4/09

tzn (Karena) 9/8/09

mrsyellis (yohontas)9/08/09

Jules 09/09/09

Soldiersgem(ginna) 9/9/09

pr8453(Pam) 9/9/09

bradybrat 09/09/09

Ready4a2ndchance 9/09/09

travel (Anita) 09/09/09

kittkat2009 09/10/09

Hmarko (helen) 9/11/09

stardustic 9/11/09

BrentinLA 9/14/09

Queen Bee 9/14/09

amwash23 9/14/09

romain123 9/14/09

Nawlinzlady (Dee) 9/15/09

Anni80 (annie) 9/15/09

smallerj (jes) 9/16/09

Boo Cakes 9/16/09

Hardygostlin (Jody) 9/17/09

Loveslady(Tawonda) 9/17/09

Gatorgirl1024 (Shelley) 9/17/09

MishiB (Michelle) 9/17/09

Sharie3 9/21/09

Italia2020 (Mia) 09/21/09

Ariane (Ariane) 09/21/09

Pookiemp 9/23/2009

leigna 09/24/09

Chickychoo (Jill) 09/28/09

Kinzie 09/28/09

Soexcited 9/30/09

Good Luck to BrentinLA, Queen Bee, amwash23 and romain123. You guys will be in my prayers..

Edited by Soco

Welcome Everyone please join our list.. Just copy, paste, add yourself, and post.

September Band List

Soco 9/01/09

Amandakrangel 9/1/09

Coloradomom (Gen) 9/1/09

ms_Hart37 9/1/09

mosean6278 09/01/09

katklaws 09/01/09

SmilinShel (Michelle) 09/01/09

Comet321 (Chris) 9/1/09

ivy76 9/02/09

$occer mom 9/3/09

Jmtmb (JoLynne ) 9/4/09

JLDChester(Jamie)9/4/09

Cortney75 (Cortney) 9/4/09

tzn (Karena) 9/8/09

mrsyellis (yohontas)9/08/09

Jules 09/09/09

Soldiersgem(ginna) 9/9/09

pr8453(Pam) 9/9/09

bradybrat 09/09/09

Ready4a2ndchance 9/09/09

travel (Anita) 09/09/09

kittkat2009 09/10/09

Hmarko (helen) 9/11/09

stardustic 9/11/09

BrentinLA 9/14/09

Queen Bee 9/14/09

amwash23 9/14/09

romain123 9/14/09

Nawlinzlady (Dee) 9/15/09

Anni80 (annie) 9/15/09

smallerj (jes) 9/16/09

Boo Cakes 9/16/09

Hardygostlin (Jody) 9/17/09

Loveslady(Tawonda) 9/17/09

Gatorgirl1024 (Shelley) 9/17/09

MishiB (Michelle) 9/17/09

Topspinner55 9/17/09

Sharie3 9/21/09

Italia2020 (Mia) 09/21/09

Ariane (Ariane) 09/21/09

Pookiemp 9/23/2009

leigna 09/24/09

Chickychoo (Jill) 09/28/09

Kinzie 09/28/09

Soexcited 9/30/09

Good Luck to BrentinLA, Queen Bee, amwash23 and romain123. You guys will be in my prayers

Thank you Mrsyellis... I am glad you are doing so well! As far as feeling full I just feel like I have to burp but can't. Up until todays slip all it took was a few sips of a shake or Soup or a few licks of pudding. It still takes me 2 days to get through 1 shake. About an hour ago I made my hubby finish off the roast and gravy so I wouldn't have an desire to grab some more lol. He had no complaints about doing so either. Funny thing though, he is now addicted to my sugar free puddings and wont keep his hands off of them :)

Hi everyone! You are all in my thoughts and for those of you who have surgery tomorrow no worries you will do just fine!

So, I am now 5 days post op. Couldn't even think about food , had a difficult time even getting down sips of the shake, then today I don't know what happened but I blew it.

I had slow cooked a roast overnight for my family and friends to eat during the Cowboys game today and my absolute favorite thing about roast is not the meat or veggies , its dipping slightly buttered bread into the gravy until its drenched. I ate half a slice :mad:. yes it was soggy and liquidy but omg what have I done? How was it possible for me to eat this? Yes, I was stuffed afterwards and no I did not have any issues tummy/band wise with it. I am so upset with myself! It took me 3 years to mentally decide to do this and here I go partaking in one of my previous bad habits. I was doing so well too, I didn't even have cravings for anything prior to this. There are people who are desperately trying to get banded and here I am blessed with the band and I abuse it. :wink:

Don't feel bad.. I was bad too.. I went to Las Vegas this weekend. I really wish that what happened in Vegas stayed in Vegas... It didn't.. I brought back the guilt! My boyfriend and I went to one of their famous buffets. I know a waste of money considering the band. Well, they had grits and I love grits. I had two! bowls with butter and I didn't stop there I polished off a bowl of Tomato basil Soup. I was sooo stuffed, I was in pain for the next 30 minutes. I had to walk and walk. I felt so awful.. I wanted to run out of desperation. Then today on the way home we stopped off at Peggy Sue's 50's Diner. They had cream of chicken soup.. I could have ordered the cup but, NO! my Big A#% ordered a bowl. The soup was not creamy and thin, It was chunky with pieces of potato. I figured I'll only drink the soup, but, then I thought maybe I could just chew and dissolve the chunks of potato. It wasn't hard everything was very well cooked. Well before I knew it, It was all gone. Big Mistake.. I got that pain towards the top of my stomach again... What am I thinking! :)

Needless to say I was miserable on the way home. I deserved it! I really need to put Myself back on track.. I'm afraid to get on the scale.. I'm afraid of stretching out my stomach if I haven't done it already.. :thumbdown:

Edited by Soco