Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Funeral

Guest Voula

My Prayers and thoughts are with her family and friends.

People are God's flowers in His garden. Some flowers are just to nice and pretty and have to be picked sooner then others. Take joy in the fact she was a pretty one.

I'm going to Mexico next week for my surgery and have begun to watch this post like a hawk. If its true then like everbody else I am truly sorry. If its a prank then please be assured you have put the fear of god into me. Please tell us more....and if its the latter just fine some other people to upset and offend

I'm quite new to the group, had my surgery with Dr. Joya last week in Mexico. I am wondering, if I'm wrong, that's fine... Something like this is awful, but how do you know it happened? I'd like to know the Dr. who lost the patient. I'm not saying I don't think it happened, but it just seems like there would be a little more info. Then a person could check the Dr. and see if he has had any fatalities?? I think I would have probably given more info if I posted this?? Karen

Seems strange to me that someone that is grief stricken would only come to LBT to post 2 messages... one of "beware mexico" and another of "funeral". If someone is going to a funeral of a dear friend that next morning, you would think that the last thing they have on their mind would be searching to find a lap band forum, become a member and to post the news and warning only.

So without more information, I would have to call bullshit.

i hate to sound unsympathetic (because as vinesqueen put it, someone somewhere... you know). BUT -- the first thing I thought to look at was how long this person has been on LBT and how many posts. Hmm. 2 posts. Hmm. 2 days. Hmm. 2 negative. Hmm...

seems i'm the only.. suspicious..

As am I. We see posts bashing Mexican docs often on band sites. I don't think the death rate is any higher in Mexico. I just find it interesting that this person only has two posts.

Personally and I know all of you do too hope this isn't a scam. (sounds wrong to say this because I don't mean I'd feel better knowing someone died but I think your all intelligent enough to understand what i am saying). We have enough to deal with in life without crap like this if thats what it is. For me the jury is still out but if it is a scam I hope God trims His garden of a few ugly flowers too and soon.

I did the same thing...checked the number of posts. It's a give away. Now, I am wondering who has enough to gain by posting negative band posts on band websites? To whom would it be worth it? And if this person just doesn't have anything better to do, how sad. Cindy

Gosh I hate being right. Okay, I like it actually.

I called Inamed. Who is notified of a death in association with any band surgery ANYWHERE within 48 hours. Since the so called funeral was yesterday, time for transport, embalming, etc etc, it would have been about 7 days (way over the 48 hour period). And I am right.

BULLSHIT.

No one died in a band surgery situation recently that was reported to them.

If someone had died, they would have known. Plus.... if this "friend" was so intent on letting us know, they would have called Inamed to let them know.

SOOOOOOOOO.... whoever you are.... get a freaking life! If you don't like the band, fine, then go away. If you don't like Mexico, fine.... then don't go there. But leave everyone here to their own freaking opinions please!!

So as I called bullshit first, everyone has to drink right? hee hee hee....

I vote we ignore this thread and not post here so it will not be bumped.

United we stand asshole!