Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Funeral

Guest Voula

Guest Voula

This morning I will be going to my friends funeral. Last week unknowingly to all of her friends she went to Mexico for lap band surgery. She planned for a weeks vacation. She left on Monday and Tuesday evening I received a phone call from her husband that she had died. Supposedly she had a heart attack mid surgery from anesthesia (sp?)

Needless to say I am sad, perplexed, and filled with questions.

She was only 40 years old, filled with life, and really not all that fluffy.

Yesterday, she was to have returned to work. Instead Tuesday morning is her funeral.

OMG this is soooooooooooooo terrible!! Unfortunately some people react differently to anestheia - this just breaks my heart to hear when something like this although I know its not unheard of. Had she ever been put under anesthesia before? My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and you as well as you cope with the loss of a friend. Please post more information when you get it........so sad :) big hugsssssssssss :(

I am so sorry for your lost. The doctors warn you about the statistics of death with going under but I don't think any of us believe that we won't come out of it. Thank God she was sleep. My prayers are with you and her family.

I am so sorry for your lost. The doctors warn you about the statistics of death with going under but I don't think any of us believe that we won't come out of it. Thank God she was sleep. My prayers are with you and her family.

isnt this why we have to have the tests done

i dont think its actually form the band but its from the anaesethic.

Am i right??

First of all, I'm deeply sorry to hear this sad news. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your friend and her family.

Secondly,

i dont think its actually form the band but its from the anaesethic.

Am i right??

Fee, I think that is what Teresa was saying. She said this:

"The doctors warn you about the statistics of death with going under but I don't think any of us believe that we won't come out of it". Not that is was from the lapband.

As with any surgery, people have a risk with anesthesia. We go under and we never know if we'll wake up again. It's so sad that we sign that sheet of paper that is possibly signing our life away.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Teresa Skinner

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pre Op tests in Mexico are very basic, they are nothing like here in the states. Here in the states they do an EKG to make sure your heart is in good shape, they run much more extensive tests. In Mexico it is a blodd test, you speak with a cardiologist, you speak with a pulmonologist, have a chest X-ray and you are on your way

I'm very very sorry to hear of your firends passing. Will there be an autopsy preformed, how does he know it was a heart attack?

Was your friend a memeber here at LBT, I remember speaking with someone who was goping to Mexico and then having a vacation afterwards...I'm wondering if it was her and if so what was her screen name here

My Condolences

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I am thinking of you and sending hugs your way.

Pre Op tests in Mexico are very basic, they are nothing like here in the states. Here in the states they do an EKG to make sure your heart is in good shape, they run much more extensive tests. In Mexico it is a blodd test, you speak with a cardiologist, you speak with a pulmonologist, have a chest X-ray and you are on your way

I had blood drawn, an EKG, a physical with consultation, but not a chest x-ray or a consult with a cardiologist or pulminologist. My OBGyn here in the states said that a skilled anesthesiologist is just as important as a skilled band doc. True.

I'm really sorry about your friend. I would love to know more. Many condolences.

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.