Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anything Goin on for Missourians?

Hi Pam, not through banding obviously (!) but when I lose weight it takes 40+ pounds for it to register in my clothing. Then I will drop sizes like no one's business until things level out a bit. How much total weight did you have to lose? That too will play a big role in how long it takes until you see a difference in clothing. Often when you first start to lose you will lose it in target areas. For example, your neck & shoulders may slim while your torso and waist do not, so any changes in size won't necessarily be reflected in the size tag. Just hang in there, it will happen -- you'll go to try and clothes and *surprise* you're suddenly down 2 or 3 sizes. :)

Pamdin,

What was your starting weight? You just be patient; the sizes will change just wait and see. I am so jealous that you have lost so much weight so quickly. You're doing great.

I go in for my 3rd fill tomorrow with Dr. Malley - hoping this one will be the sweet spot as last time he gave me a total of 2cc's and it was too much so he took out .5cc leaving me with 1.5cc total - he let me know I might have to come back in to tweek it as that might have been too much to take out but he'd rather error on the side of caution. At least I know at 2cc's I was too tight and 1.5cc's I'm not tight enough - so I'm hoping he'll give .3cc or .4cc - I'll keep ya posted :)

hay everyone im new to all of this so if i type sometning wrong sorry never took typing also im new to the lapband idea a bit nurvous i get banded on the 28 th sept a few days away also by dr malley so here i go its my turn all the wonderfull progress every one has made is unbeleveable take care talk later its 2 am

Congrats to you. I know you will like Dr Malley. He wasn't my surgeon but i have friends who used him. Let us know how it goes. I'm pretty new myself, having been banded ob Sept 11, 2006. So far so good, but I am still waiting for the big weight loss totals.

Congrats to you. I know you will like Dr Malley. He wasn't my surgeon but i have friends who used him. Let us know how it goes. I'm pretty new myself, having been banded ob Sept 11, 2006. So far so good, but I am still waiting for the big weight loss totals.

you say your wating for the big loss i think you have done fantastic truly fantastic thats a pound a day at that rate just think were you will be by christmas and new years you will be a new person progress like that is and will give me and others hope and something to look foward to thanks for your reply and looking foward to see your progress in the furture:scared: :clap2: (jumbojet)

Hi everyone i just found out about this site today and wanted to check it out . I get banded in 6 days. IT's been a long road but I am so pumped up right now . I just saw the surgeon today got registered at the hospital , I'm ready to go. I will try to spice up my profile later. I'm getting ready to go camping and my dh wants me to be ready when I get off work fri . Look forward to shareing with everyone.

Good luck to you. Let us know how it goes.

Also this question might be silly. What does DH mean? I have seen other people use it on this message board.

Has dr malley moved his office to north oak ? I dident know that i have my first fill oct 11th. I had lost ten lbs after surgey but gained it back so iam excited to see if ill lose some real weight this time. Thats all i got going on. RJB:hungry:

hi no dr mally is in kansas 5820 lamar ave suite 200 mission ks 66202 913-492-2530 i know that he has been there at least 1 to 2 months i had my band on 28 th sept doing well still on liquids see doc on 9 th i think then soft foods so far its not been too bad first off i got my mind set that if all of those grate food were so grate i whould not be in this spot every once in a while i think of some kind of food but i quickly get over that there is enough diferent liquid foods or even soft foods to get us by the thing we have to remember and im trying so hard to remember is after all us banders/gastric by pass folkes have to remember is after the sugery and all we have been trough we cant faile wont faile yess this is just a tool but remember when we all have been on diets and came close to were we wanted to be if we try that hard with the help of our sugery we cant loose the fight along with all of the help from others look at some of the progerss others out there has made wow that can only mean we will reach our goles to every one that has showen grate progress my hats off to you and thanks you inspire me

So Malley is up north now? I'm going to have to see where he is. I go to his support group sometimes, so I am surprised that I didn't get an email saying he was moving. Thanks for the info.

hi no dr mally is in kansas 5820 lamar ave suite 200 mission ks 66202 913-492-2530 i know that he has been there at least 1 to 2 months i had my band on 28 th sept

I was thinking it was awfully quick for Dr Malley to be moving from his office from the one Lamar. I was thinking it was pretty nice, and fairly new

Hi, Iam Lynn1964. I was banded by Dr. Darin Minkin on August 24,2006. I have lost 30 pounds since surgery. I had my first fill on 11/1/06, I can really tell the difference. Never thought I could eat so little and fill so full. It is banderriffic....................