Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know that this journey is about living a healthier life and we shouldn't dwell in the past but...

I'm just wondering what or if you have had a Ha! In your face moment...You know the moment where you see someone that you haven't seen in a while; that was particularly mean to you because of your weight and you show up looking all HOT and you can see the astonishment in their eyes...

I'd love to hear some stories if anyone would like to share.

I would love to hear some stories too! I can't wait to have that kind of moment myself!!!

Anyone have some good ones????

This really IS a great idea for a post, and I hope people start telling their stories.

I've had a bunch of these moments. I'll try and tell some of the stories over the next couple days, but lots of people who have had success with the band (and other WLS) should have some good tales.

HH

The quickest story I can offer is that of my 94-year-old mother. I don't get to see her that often, because she lives some distance away, in a town that is not readily accessible by airport. The last time I saw her was about 15 months ago, 2 days before the surgery that was going to remove my lap band, repair the significant damage caused by the band, and perform a gastric Bypass.

This was a very "iffy" surgery. There were LOTS of problems caused by the band, and there was some serious question as to whether I would make it through the surgery unscathed. (NOTE: I'm not "band-bashing" here, the circumstances under which I saw my mother last were quite traumatic for us all.) I went out to visit my Mom right before the surgery because I wasn't all that sure I would see her again. As it turned out, my surgeon was brilliant, and I came through fine. But my recovery was many months long, and I was unable to get out to visit her.

I was able to go out to see her earlier this month, on her 94th birthday. I was almost exactly 100 pounds lighter than I was when she had last seen me. I arrived at her house a little later in the day than I had planned, so she was napping in her recliner in the living room (as any respectable 94 year-old SHOULD be doing in the afternoon!). Her front door was locked, but I had a key, so I quietly entered her house, went into the living room, gave her a kiss on the cheek to wake her up. I stood in front of her as she slowly came back to reality. It was AMAZING, and quite joyful, to see the look on her face, and to see the tears roll down her cheeks. She just sat there and cried for about 10 minutes. It was quite wonderful for both of us.

Of course, I had to endure 3 days of her parading me around to her pals. And some of them had Alzheimers, and kept drifting in and out of knowng who I was, but it was a fun and special few days.

I glad I could give that gift to my Mother. She knows her son is happy, healthy, and lookin' "purdy good", and there is no better gift that a child can give a parent than that.

HH

I've had several in your face moment. i think i've posted this before but my daughters stepmom is extremely phony. nice to my face , but dogged me out calling me a fat cow and many other things behind my back. well shes never once complimented me on my weight loss. shes also been steadily getting larger as ive lost. shes now bigger than i am.one day my daughter finally asked her dosent my mom look great. well at that point she had no choice but to agree. she told me i lo0ked great, at 1 pont she complimented something i was wearing. i then told her if she liked the wat i dressed that she was more than welcome to all the clothes id outgrown! i could tell by the look on her face she wanted to slap me. offering someone that hates me my fat clothes was definitely an im your face moment:tt2:

i then told her if she liked the wat i dressed that she was more than welcome to all the clothes id outgrown! i could tell by the look on her face she wanted to slap me. offering someone that hates me my fat clothes was definitely an im your face moment:tt2:

OMG. BEAUTIFULLY done. I'm impressed. :thumbup:

That is probably the BEST kind of "in your face" moment, when you can "stick it" to someone who has been rude about your appearance in the past. And you get extra points by "wrapping" it in the generous offer of clothing!

Nicely done!

HH

I didn't have this with someone who was mean to me, but just had one with someone who totally broke my heart last weekend.

I saw my ex-boyfriend at a wedding -- the whole time we dated, I was in the 220-230 range. He never took issue with my weight and told me all of the time that he thought I was beautiful. THAT SAID. . . running into him 50+ pounds thinner and feeling fit, healthy and vital was really great. He looked totally blown away and told me several times how great he thought I looked.

I actually posted photos from the event and some before/after shots on my blog during the last few days. Feel free to take a look!

Catherine

I didn't have this with someone who was mean to me, but just had one with someone who totally broke my heart last weekend.

I saw my ex-boyfriend at a wedding -- the whole time we dated, I was in the 220-230 range. He never took issue with my weight and told me all of the time that he thought I was beautiful. THAT SAID. . . running into him 50+ pounds thinner and feeling fit, healthy and vital was really great. He looked totally blown away and told me several times how great he thought I looked.

I actually posted photos from the event and some before/after shots on my blog during the last few days. Feel free to take a look!

Catherine

yes, the "EX" moments are always among the best!

I saw your blog, and you did indeed look lovely. I'll bet the ex was having some serious regrets.....:biggrin:

HH

Catherine you look great in your blog pics. i really like the longer hair on you. And i too have noticed how much easier it is to make it through an evening i hells since dropping weight. keep doing what youre doing cuz its really working!!

Nice, love this post! Can't wait to have some of my own moments:)

These are some great moments to remember! HH your story brought tears to my eyes. It reminded me of my wedding day, I went to see my 94yo Grandma at the nursing home on that day then a few weeks later I took her the pictures, she was looking through the album and pointed to me and said "Who is that little fat girl?" Wow that one hurt Gma...Thanks! That was fourteen years ago and I have lost 60 pounds on my own and now since banding I've lost 21. My family have always made fun of me for my weight, my mom always says "You'd be so pretty if you'd just lose some weight." It will be nice to finally be rid of this weight and their rude comments.

I hope I can have great success with this band and be able to have a few of these in your face moments.

Thanks everybody for sharing and keepem coming.:juggle:

These are great stories. Personally, I can't wait until I lose the weight and run into my ex-husband.