Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone banded 6/30/09 Would love to talk to you!

Well, the restriction was too much at first...couldn't hardly drink Water, so I went in the next day and had some removed. He had put in 2 ccs and when I went back he took out 1.5 ccs. I figured I wouldn't have much restriction, but I do. I have started losing again after 3 weeks of nothing. I have lost 3 lbs since my fill 4 days ago. Since I got stuck yesterday I am going to stick to liquids today and maybe mushies tomorrow so I will prob lose a bit more. Bought myself some super cute pants to Celebrate my success; since celebration will no longer include food indulgence I have opted for clothes and shoes! :biggrin:

As far as exercising, I had to have minor surgery on my toe, so I haven't been doing much. Had to take some time off pilates because the poses were causing pain. I would encourage you to join a club or group for exercise just because you will surround yourself with people who are also wanting to be healthy, plus you may find an accountability partner. I find it is pretty easy to put off exercising so I am looking for a partner here to keep my motivated and accountable.

I have rambled on enough! I hope things are well!

Angie

Hello,,,Haven't heard from anyone in couple of months. how is everyone??:thumbup:

Okay, did not have a fill last month because of Have a fill next week. Hope my weight starts going again, even though I have been losing inches my weight has stalled as for loss. Working on excercising and watching what I eat. Any other suggestions? What are all doing for Thanksgiving?

Banded: June 30th 2009 Dr. Campbell CMC NH

weight.png

Hi,

I was banded 6/25/09...close enough to 6/30!!

I have been doing well and hope everyone else is too. With my last fill I am finally feeling restriction, it has been about 6 weeks since that fill and I cancelled my appointment last week for another one. I am able to go about 4 hrs between meals and I am not feeling the head hunger like I was in the beginning. Only 2 lbs away from one-der-land and I can't wait!! What a milestone that will be.

I know there are people in "band land" that aren't having the success they were hoping for, but I feel that my band has saved my life, and given me added years. I feel great!! I can walk without stopping every few feet gasping for air, the pain in my joins is almost gone and when I get out of bed in the morning I don't almost fall to the floor because the weight on my feet causes so much pain I can't stand it.

The weight is coming off slow and steady but I am ok with that. I didn't put it on overnight and I don't expect it to come off overnight either. I try to be realistic about my weight, and my band, it is what it is....a tool, not a magic cure all.

Thanks for listening....and I wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving. It is my first major holiday since surgery and IT WILL BE HARD because of all those warm and cozy comfort foods, but I will try to remember how bad I felt 6 months ago and be as strong as I can.

Hugs to all,

G' Ma

Hi,

I hope everyone did great over the holidays..as for me I did terrible,yes really bad..my doc. postponed my fill date 12-30-09. but I do have an appointment fri.1-15-10,, he will surly be disapointed with me,. but I am trying to get back on track.not doing very good at that. I can't seem to want to do anything but eat,I get so mad at myself. does anyone have any suggestions? Hope to hear from someone..

Hi Everyone its been a while since i have been on here. I dont have alot restriction yet in my band thats a size 14.. I have 10 in.. I am starting to get worried that I am only going to lose the 38 lbs I have. I started with 150 to lose.. so I would have thought by now I would be down atleast 50 by now. I recently started running in addition to walking. I am just kinda at a lose. can anyone help? :w00t:

I also would have thought I would have lost more weight. Im still at the same 22 pounds..I have the restriction, so im eating alot less...Lately though I have been getting nausiated atleast 2 times a week and thankfully I have plenty of phernergan left over from surgery. So I take that and im out for the rest of the day..I will be letting my dr. know this today..I have a 10cc band and its filled 5.something right now...One other thing back in November at my fill, I was telling my dr. about an annoying pain on my right side just below my rib in the front. Very sore,tender to touch. He said at the time to watch it and if the pain changed then come back, said it could possibly be my gallbladder...So im thinking my nausea may be another syptom..But back to the weight loss....Yeah really aggravating me..I know ppl that don't do to much excercising and they have dropped atleast 60 pounds...wonder if its metabolism...am I just destined to be a lard ass???LOL???Going to call dr. right now...

:thumbup:Hi all,

Been real busy this past month in stepping up my excercise and really watching what I eat. I go for another fill on the 24th of this month. My weightloss is finally stepping up again by 2 pounds so far; and my clothes are starting to get lose again. Going to the Pre-Op meetings to see Post -Op friends and going to the Post -Op meetings are really helping. Trying new Protein shake recipes and recipes have helped too...LindaBefood website has some wonderful recipes that you all should try! Have a great day everyone.

Banded: June 30th 2009 CMC Manchester NH

Dr. Connie Campbell

Hi everyone! I have started a new program coach to 5k in 7 months. I have always wanted to bea runner but never thought I would do it.. well I am.. so if you would like to start let me know I am up to 10 min!!! whoot!

I have a confession.. I have been drinking while eating and I think that is why I still seem to eat more. I know I need to stop.. But in the Am I cant eat much I do okay at lunch but at night I can eat like 6 meatballs and mashed potatos.. I am thinking thats tooo much what do you guys think? Any advice. I have also been having trouble eat the right foods sometimes But i am doing better. Need another fill I believe I have 11 or so in my 14 cc band,, any advice????????:thumbup:

:laugh:Good for you in starting a new running program. Wow.. I do not know if I could do that. As for what you are eating ;been there as well. But remember this LAP-BAND® is a tool; so you need to follow the rules to let it work right. Call your Dr.'s office and talk to them on what is going on. They may want you to have a fill sooner than later. Also, I am keeping a food diary again; it is helping me keep track on what I am eating and paying attention that I am getting my Water and Protein in everyday. I still have a Protein shake every day. Watch Bariatric TV. these two ladies are awesome and really have good advice and help me keep going on this wonderful journey. Keep us posted ; this forum is for us through good times and rough times. I am there for you.

Date of surgery: June 30th 2009

Dr. Connie Campbell

CMC Manchester Nh:laugh: