Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Introducing myself & My Story so far...

Hey LaChica707, thanks for sharing your story. I'm glad you are embarking on this journey with all of the bandsters here, lol. I hope all goes well with your surgery and life, and keep me & everyone updated on your status!!! :sneaky:

Edited by chrystinaw

OMG 3 more days!!! I can't believe I'm saying that!! It kinda feels like someone can take this away from me at any moment, I don't want to think that but I guess that is how I feel when something good happens to me, I'm weird, lol. I have to be at the hospital at 9am on Monday. I probably won't be able to sleep the night before :sneaky:. I've already brought all the items I'm going to need after surgery, I'm soooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

I am so so excited for you and your new life.....you are amazing and I am so glad you left that abusive relationship.,......OMG new doors will open for you....which I am sure thay already have. Keep us posted on your progress....You will do great!!

OMG 3 more days!!! I can't believe I'm saying that!! It kinda feels like someone can take this away from me at any moment, I don't want to think that but I guess that is how I feel when something good happens to me, I'm weird, lol. I have to be at the hospital at 9am on Monday. I probably won't be able to sleep the night before :sneaky:. I've already brought all the items I'm going to need after surgery, I'm soooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!:w00t:

You're almost there!! AND NO ONE OR NOTHING can take this away from you!! I'm excited for you too!!!! I can only imagine the anticipation!:tt2: .. please give us status updates on everything!!!:lol:

I am so so excited for you and your new life.....you are amazing and I am so glad you left that abusive relationship.,......OMG new doors will open for you....which I am sure thay already have. Keep us posted on your progress....You will do great!!

Thank you Lori Ann... I feel like a brand new book.. and each page is a diffrent day in my life... this is just soo weird how things fall into place.. I never imagined my life would be this peacefull, free, and possibly Skinny and HEALTHY???!! There trully is a GOD. :sneaky: Definately I will keep you ladies updated!

Hey LaChica we have similiar stories and I am so glad your out and moving on with life...............this is gonna be the best year of your life in many ways!!!

Richmond Kaiser/Dr. Baggs are the best!!!

chrystinaw, congratulations on your decision to be banded and with your upcoming surgery. You must be really excited. I ran upon this post by accident yesterday from the main forum. I just read you original post and wanted to assure you that this may possible be the answer to your baby prayers.

My close friend was banded two weeks before me. She always thought she was "infertile". She had two pregnancies but she was on fertility drugs for both. When she was banded last July, she had a 5 year old son and 6 month old twins. She lost 40 lbs and began ovulating without realizing it! She found out she was pregnant again around Christmas. She is stunned and is due in September. She isn't having problems with her band during her pregnancy and she is doing great. Really, though, I think ideally, doctors want people to wait a year after being banded before becoming pregnant.

Again, good luck on Monday!

Yep I didn't have regular periods either for a couple years before the band. Was banded on 4/13/09 and had two periods within a month. Two the next month and now right on 4weeks apart. My surgeon said that after lap band surgery as the weight drops your fertility goes sky high..........I had to sign a contract I would NOT get pregnant for at least 18-24 months.

But seriously this surgery and the weight lose changed my whole cycle around..........

Yep I didn't have regular periods either for a couple years before the band. Was banded on 4/13/09 and had two periods within a month. Two the next month and now right on 4weeks apart. My surgeon said that after lap band surgery as the weight drops your fertility goes sky high..........I had to sign a contract I would NOT get pregnant for at least 18-24 months.

But seriously this surgery and the weight lose changed my whole cycle around..........

Yeah, you really shouldn't get pregnant that soon. My friend had NEVER ovulated like she was supposed to and tried for two years before conceiving her first and tried for 3 before conceiving the twins. Each pregnancy required rounds of fertility drugs. She REALLY had no idea she could get pregnant on her own. This was definitely a surprise pregnancy. Poor thing, her twins will be 1 1/2 yrs old when this baby is born!

crzytchr wrote:

chrystinaw, congratulations on your decision to be banded and with your upcoming surgery. You must be really excited. I ran upon this post by accident yesterday from the main forum. I just read you original post and wanted to assure you that this may possible be the answer to your baby prayers.

My close friend was banded two weeks before me. She always thought she was "infertile". She had two pregnancies but she was on fertility drugs for both. When she was banded last July, she had a 5 year old son and 6 month old twins. She lost 40 lbs and began ovulating without realizing it! She found out she was pregnant again around Christmas. She is stunned and is due in September. She isn't having problems with her band during her pregnancy and she is doing great. Really, though, I think ideally, doctors want people to wait a year after being banded before becoming pregnant.Again, good luck on Monday!

and swrktp wrote:

Yep I didn't have regular periods either for a couple years before the band. Was banded on 4/13/09 and had two periods within a month. Two the next month and now right on 4weeks apart. My surgeon said that after lap band surgery as the weight drops your fertility goes sky high..........I had to sign a contract I would NOT get pregnant for at least 18-24 months.But seriously this surgery and the weight lose changed my whole cycle around

Wow thanks for the encouraging news about TTC. I'm hoping that losing weight does help and your friends story really really helps me look to the future, thanks for sharing:thumbup:. I'm glad I'm doing this at 23 so waiting to TTC won't be a big deal. It kinda makes me think, "why didn't I do this earlier", lol, I probably would be pregnant by now, lol...Oh well everything happens for a reason. My husband is doing a year in Korea (he leaves in Feb) and so I will have about a year and a half of no TTC. When he gets back we are going to try for a baby so I do plan on waiting :crying:. Not only is this surgery going to help my hubby and I have a baby but it is going to give me my life back and finally (I know this may sound minuet) let me dress my age and feel my age :wink:. I am tired of my back pain, restlessness, breast size, infertility and other things associated with my weight. I will be getting on birth control while my husband is here after my surgery (just in case cause I don’t want to be getting pregnant too soon after surgery)and when he leaves for Korea I will get off until he gets back:rolleyes:.

Thank you all for your ongoing support, I really can't put it in words how gracious I am for all your advice and encouragement.

Edited by chrystinaw

I'm so proud of you. It takes alot for what u did. Good luck on your journey!:wink2::thumbup:

I have a long story so I'm gonna try to sum this up as much as possible. I recently left an abusive relationship after 18 years. I Literally WOKE up one day (after having a beatdown) and said to myself I WASN'T going to TAKE IT anymore.... Little did I know, this was only the beggining of my Journey. I've been dependent on this physcially, verbally abusive Man since I was only 15.. I knew nothing else.. but him and what he wanted...About a couple years back I inquired with my doctor about this procedure.. and I was told I was a perfect canidate.. but... because of living in "darkness" My husband at the time thought it would be UNECESSARY to do this type of procedure... I HAVE NO IDEA why I listend to him then... Maybe fear of getting my jaw cracked for even speakin my mind? whatever it was.. My life didn't belong to me then.. and yeah... THAT WAS THEN.

I'm here now. Away from him, Safe with my kids.. I'm LITERALLY starting my life over.. and ITS WONDERFUL. I think whats even more wonderful...is that I've just been recently approved by my doctor to have this surgery done.. and let me say.. I'M SOO EXCITED!! i've never weighed less than 150lbs in my WHOLE adulthood life.. so losing the Abusive husband and this other "DEAD Weight" is SUCH A Beautiful adventure for me. My Pre-requisite class is next week (8/14/09)!!! :nanahump::biggrin: Whats I guess diffrent about me is that.. I'm honestly happy with myself Fat or Skinny.. I guess its because I live in Peace now... and ANYTHING was better than living in that type of life style... I just see this as an upgrade for myself..no more diabetes, no more thigh burn rubs... . lol...which.. I'M SUPER EXCITED ABOUT!!

so in a nut shell this is my story.. of course there is more.. but.. Again.. I'm just happy because..I'M STARTING MY NEW LIFE!!!:Banane56:

I've had the surgery. I had to stay overnight cause I was in too much pain. I'm back home and resting now. I absolutely love having this surgery and wouldn’t change this for anything even though I'm sore and nauseated. I love you guys and thanks for all the support!!! :(

I've had the surgery. I had to stay overnight cause I was in too much pain. I'm back home and resting now. I absolutely love having this surgery and wouldn’t change this for anything even though I'm sore and nauseated. I love you guys and thanks for all the support!!! :(

I am glad to hear you are home. Stay on your doses of pain meds and nausea meds as long as you need them. It will help you feel better! Also, move around as much as possible to get the gas moving out!

Thanks crzytchr for you advise. I've been on top of all my meds cause I've been hurting a lot due to gas pains. The doctor and the nurses told me I need to release the gas in my stomach and that would make me feel better. This morning for the first time since surgery I actually farted a few times (sorry if TMI). It released some pressure (air) and I feel a little better and not so nausated! BUT I also took 3 gas X strips and 3 teaspoons of Maalox (sp?) before bed (cause I was in so much pain) so that was probably a contributing factor in the reason why I "released". Believe it or not I'm not hurting as much near my port side since I "released"! So I'm soooo much happier now that I did fart, lol.:blink:

Great story, and I too, was banded on August 10th. My problem is also getting rid of the gas pains. But I did read here that I could try Gax X or Maaloz, and will go out tomorrow and get some. My stomach just seems so bloated even after 5 days. Other than that, I am doing well. Keep posting to keep us updated on your progress.

Janice