Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

can anyone halp

Hi, I am hoping someone may have advice on what is happening to me. I was banded in december 2004. The weight loss has been slow (I have lost about 60 lbs. so far). I had fill in April and I was fine until July. Then in July I strted vomiting everything I put in my mouth. I called dr. and he said come in and we will have some taken out . I t worked great. Then two weeks later I realized I need more fill. I went and for the first time since surgery I had fill with x-ray and everything to make sure everything is ok. It was according to x-ray. One week after fill I was vomiting again. I called the dr. again and he said to come in and take all fill out and give me two weeks to heal. I gained some weighrd back in those two weeks but it did not bother me because I knew I will go back. On September 5th I went back, got the fill and was fine for first 5 or 6 days, started eating normally and then , this is the worst part, DURING THE DAY I CANNOT EAT ANYTHING AND I MEAN ANYTHING BIT Water AND juice AND THEN AFTER 7 OR 8 PM I CAN EAT A COW. WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING?

I am so affraid that something is wrong with my band. I lost my job few months ago and got divorced recently so I have no way to pay for a new surgery. I hardly save money to pay $150 for fills. I have two kids and I am honestly going nuts over this. I am scard to call the dr. because I cannot afford to go see him.

Please if you have any advice let me know.

Thank You

Eli

actually, I was banded May 05, and what is happening to you lately is exactly what I'm going through. I met with my doc last week and told her that I can basically only get fluids and maybe yogurt down in the morning; a Soup for lunch. Around 6 is when I can start eating solids. She explained that the band loosens as the day goes on, as the Fluid collects during the night as you are laying down. It is also worse when you have your period.

Hope this eases some of your anxiety. Do you know how much fill you have?

Do you feel as if you are eating enough?

Congrats on your weight loss ! I think 60 pounds is fantastic. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Eli, if everything was fine, and this suddenly started happening, you probably need to have things looked at closely to make sure there's not a slip. It may be that it didn't show up in the flouro because it was at the wrong angle. If you can't afford to have it taken care of right now, at the very least you probably need to be completely unfilled so that you don't make it worse.

I'm not a doctor and I can't say for sure, but that's what it sounds like to me..

Many people report that their bands seem tighter earlier in the day, so that's not unusual. There's some thinking that if you eat a lot later in the evening you actually make that situation worse, so try your best to NOT eat late in the evening. Then in the morning and at lunch, try your best to eat something with Protein even if it's just a Protein shake. Try having a warm drink before or even with your meal (shhh--don't tell anyone I said that!), and eat slowly and carefully.

Get your Protein in during the day, and that way, later in the day you're not TOO hungry, and you can moderate your eating in the evening. In this way, after a few days, the effect may balance out.

Just because you can eat a cow doesn't mean you should. :)

Along with what everyone else said and Alex said drink warm liquids early in the day. What are you eating in the evening or trying to eat during the day?

Eli, I am sorry your are going through so much right now but you are not alone. Thry to relax and pray on all that is worrying you. God has a way of putting people in your life when you need them. (((((HUGGGGG)))))))

thank you all for your messages. I decided to only do liquids for next 3-4 days and see what happens. If I do not get better I will probably go and have it unfilled. I am going to pray that it will work . You all are so wonderful.

I will let you know what happens.

Also, please pray for all of us in Houston during hurricane Rita.

Love to all,

Eli

Our love and prays are with you too. Please evacuate if that is what's called for. If something happens and you need something be sure to find a computer and let us know.