Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stop Calling it Socialized Medicine!

You have such a good sense of humor, plain. But your condescending attitude really wears thin.

I don't think I'm condescending. But hey, maybe ALL condescending people thing that.

You honestly think that Kinky is the best person for the job? Any job? Good luck with that.

Well, I know I like him for the job better than Perry or Hutchison. We'll see whho else throws their hat in the ring, but so far....Kinky looks good for the job to me.

AnnNo, you're quite wrong about me. You proclaim that I am a die-hard Democrat who has no common sense or ability to choose the kind of candidate that I believe can do a good job and make a difference, beyond the party line.

Well....yeah, I do think that. Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't seen any evidence to the contrary so far. You're not the only one I think that about, BTW

I guess I just really wish you'd stick to the issues instead of trying to put a label on either me or pattyg.

There's some more o' that irony!

I have a sneaking suspicion that this being a moderator thing has for some unknown reason gone to your head.

Thanks for showing me how to stick to the issues. This is the healthcare thread, right? Or did I stumble onto the "Is plain a jackass" thread?

It seems to make you think you can go about correcting everybody's posts and making folks feel bad for saying what they believe. No, I haven't observed this in your recent posts necessarily, however I have been noticing it here and there and it is really weird.

First you say I "go about correcting everybody's posts", but then you go on to say you "haven't observed this in [my] recent posts necessarily". So which is it? If you can show me 1 (one) example of me correcting somebody's post, then I will explain and apologize.

I know you don't care if you're liked but you gotta understand that we don't care if you like us either.

What are you talking about? I'm totally lost on what point you're trying to make

We have every right to say what we think.

That's true. In fact, I support your right to say what you think. If I truly didn't care, I wouldn't post. However, it helps if I can understand what the hell you're talking about.

You can disagree all you want, but dude, get over yourself. Correcting us is pretty silly.

Again, plz show me where I've corrected somebody. Or how this relates to healthcare (didn't you recently wish I'd stick to the issues?).

Even I was asked to be a moderator. Hit don't make you special or more intelligent or better able to use logic or reason than everybody else. Really.

Er......ok.

Thanks for showing me how to stick to the issues. This is the healthcare thread, right? Or did I stumble onto the "Is plain a jackass" thread?

Where is that thread? I'm always game for throwing somebody under the bus:biggrin:

Where is that thread? I'm always game for throwing somebody under the bus:biggrin:

I had to delete that particular thread. Because I'm a mod, and I can.:blushing:

I have a lot of problems with President Obama's policies, but I don't really have a problem with his vacations.

We are in a recession, people have lost their jobs, thay can't afford to go on vacations, they have problems financially, medical bills are piling up, etc. Don't you think it's frustrating to the American people to see those in power living the life of luxury when they can't even afford the simple or essential things? Especially when it is coming from their paychecks. And not theirs only, but their future children and grandchildren. He should use some discretion. Just like it angered the people when the big banking employees flew their jets to the meetings on our tax dollars. Congress and Obama need to curtail their spending simply because WE all have to at this time.

Oh patty, aren't you the one who thinks capitalism is wonderful and perfect and the trickle down theory is just what it's cracked up to be? You champion the big money people because you think it will eventually be passed along to the po' folks? Spending money is what will help get us back on track. The moneyed folks need to be an example, is that what you're saying? Well, that's what they're doing. I seem to remember that you went on a vacation.

hey kartman! My rant on plain felt soooo good. It may not have made much sense, but I feel better. That's what counts right? 'cause it's all about me!!

Go ahead, give it all ya got. You'll feel better. Btw, it's perfectly acceptible to slip in any rant you want. Especially if it's a personal attack. *grin*

Maybe we should petition to have is account name changed to plainolepunchingbag:lol:

I’ve actually been trying to lay low from LBT R&R the last couple of weeks, I found it was consuming a little too much of my time. I’m still reading the posts, just fighting the urge to respond to every ridiculous argument, especially the insane ones about Obama’s vacation and his ability to pay his own credit card bills. Those posts came close to setting me over the edge but I went to the gym instead:cool:

Good man!! I've tried several times to give it up for Lent, but am always sucked back in with apparently no regard for inane, insane, absurd, anger-inducing content. Just shows you're a better man than I. Hang in with the exercise. It's a good steam letter offer. :w00t:

Oh patty, aren't you the one who thinks capitalism is wonderful and perfect and the trickle down theory is just what it's cracked up to be? You champion the big money people because you think it will eventually be passed along to the po' folks? Spending money is what will help get us back on track. The moneyed folks need to be an example, is that what you're saying? Well, that's what they're doing. I seem to remember that you went on a vacation.

I went on a vacation that I paid for. We went camping at a local lake. That's what we could afford. MY tax money pays for his vacations. I wouldn't care if he went on a vacation, all presidents deserve a vacation. Just not soooo many on my dollar in a recession that he is adding debt to.

I checked out your link....and after reading it, I ask...then why not make some laws to govern ins. companies and the crap that they do? We are not against ins. reform. We are against the Government becoming a health insurance company. Don't you get it? Opponents to the Obamacare are not against reform. We want Ins. company laws and regulations, and we want tort reform, etc. It's the government run medical insurance that we don't want. There aren't many programs that the government has set up that are flourishing and benefiting us without going into bankruptcy, debt, or causing further tax increases. We don't need another trillion dollars and up in bills that we can't ever pay. Why throw out what's working? Instead improve on it. We have great care here. We don't want the government starting up yet another program that will ultimately fail, and will bankrupt us.

Read my lips... go spend money! Yay President Obama for stimulating the economy! That's the best example you could set for Americans. Americans out of your frightened little shells, quitcher bellyachin' and get out and have some fun.

What do you think that the plan entails, patty? The government just picking up the tab for eveyrone's medical care? Au contrare, mi amigo. Don't drink anymore of the kool-aide - it's getting to your brain.

I checked out your link....and after reading it, I ask...then why not make some laws to govern ins. companies and the crap that they do? We are not against ins. reform. We are against the Government becoming a health insurance company. Don't you get it? Opponents to the Obamacare are not against reform. We want Ins. company laws and regulations, and we want tort reform, etc. It's the government run medical insurance that we don't want. There aren't many programs that the government has set up that are flourishing and benefiting us without going into bankruptcy, debt, or causing further tax increases. We don't need another trillion dollars and up in bills that we can't ever pay. Why throw out what's working? Instead improve on it. We have great care here. We don't want the government starting up yet another program that will ultimately fail, and will bankrupt us.

Yes, I get it. Those who oppose healthcare reform don't want any reform and that includes insurance reform. How do you think the insurance companies got so powerful? By their incredible lobbying power and huge contributions to (mainly) the republicans. It's not that they don't want government run health care - because if they didn't - they would oppose medicare, medicaid and veteran's care. But so far, I haven't seen any of the opponents have the balls to say they want to do away with grandma's medicare. And most of medicaid pays for grandma in nursing homes. Shall we throw her out in the street?

The reason the opponents don't want government run healthcare - available to all - is that it would compete against the greedy (see my link) insurance companies who might just have to be less profit motivated and fairer to patients. So - now read this slowly : A GOVERNMENT HEALTH INSURANCE OPTION WOULD BE REFORM FOR THE CORRUPT INSURANCE INDUSTRY AND REIN IN SOME OF THE "CRAP" THEY DO.

The government is "we the people" and we have elected representatives. We don't have any such people representing us in the private health insurance industry. We elect people to represent our interests and the people of this country spoke loudly that they wanted change: out of Iraq, healthcare for all, better education, cleaner and renewable energy,& reducing our dependence on oil, among other things.

I will trust a government run health plan before I trust the greed of the private insurance industry. Profits before people is their motto, and it shows.

Amen Sista. And I wrote the President telling him that he needs to quit goofing around trying to please everybody on this issue - as well as the ones you mentioned. We need to get the heck out of Afghanistan and Iraq. better public schools, environmental concerns and less dependence on foreign oil (and that does not mean, drill, baby, drill.)

We're the only industrialized nation on the earth that does not see the wisdom in a healthcare system for all our people. Life and death should not be a for-profit option in the U.S. That's what people are talking about when they just want to rein in the insurance companies and enact tort reform. Neither of those things should have any control the medical care people in the U.S. can rely on for good preventative health care and the best medical treatments in the world.