Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stop Calling it Socialized Medicine!

Why are we even worried about the Republicans? They won’t vote for this no matter how much we Water it down. I am angry at the President and the leadership for not first starting from the position of Single Payer then negotiating down to Public Option. Since we are here though, there is no going back – we’ll never get Single Payer. But it has to stop here, we can’t lose the Public Option, and this fight is not even with the Republicans. It’s time the Democrats (especially the Blue Dogs) heard the voice of the people that put them there and not the whiners of the town halls. The progressives in this country want the Public Option and we have the electoral momentum and strength on our side. If any in Democrat in the 111th congress votes against the Public Option they should be primaried out in 2010/2012.

Why are we even worried about the Republicans? They won’t vote for this no matter how much we Water it down. I am angry at the President and the leadership for not first starting from the position of Single Payer then negotiating down to Public Option. Since we are here though, there is no going back – we’ll never get Single Payer. But it has to stop here, we can’t lose the Public Option, and this fight is not even with the Republicans. It’s time the Democrats (especially the Blue Dogs) heard the voice of the people that put them there and not the whiners of the town halls. The progressives in this country want the Public Option and we have the electoral momentum and strength on our side. If any in Democrat in the 111th congress votes against the Public Option they should be primaried out in 2010/2012.

Kartman, haven't you read BJean and Cleo's mom? The evil republicans are the ones standing in the way here.

BTW, off topic, but I saw your progress pics while moderating the B&A forum. Fantastic progress!

back on topic - I had my usual lengthy rebuttal typed out but the computer (or LBT) ate it, so I'm contenting myself with this post. *heavy sigh*

Kartman, haven't you read BJean and Cleo's mom? The evil republicans are the ones standing in the way here.

BTW, off topic, but I saw your progress pics while moderating the B&A forum. Fantastic progress!

back on topic - I had my usual lengthy rebuttal typed out but the computer (or LBT) ate it, so I'm contenting myself with this post. *heavy sigh*

I think you and I agree on this one, it’s not the Republicans that are in the way. They are opposed to it because they see that this may be a way to defeat Obama, I get that. I don’t like it, I think they are morally wrong to oppose Health Care, but I get it. It’s the Democrats I can’t forgive. I hate to give Bush credit for anything, but he would have had this thing in the bag already. He would have gone to his party leaders and said “look here fellas, it’s time to put up or shut up”. Anybody that didn’t support him would have found some well funded Republican competition at the next Primary. Ok, so maybe the Democrats don’t want to emulate Bush. I can respect that. But how about taking a look at another Texas President that was pretty successful at getting the tough things done, LBJ? Now that guy knew how to flex some muscle.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the Statesman in Obama, but sometimes you just gotta take the gloves off.

PS

Thanks for the kudos, I feel really good about the progress.

I think you and I agree on this one, it’s not the Republicans that are in the way. They are opposed to it because they see that this may be a way to defeat Obama, I get that. I don’t like it, I think they are morally wrong to oppose Health Care, but I get it. It’s the Democrats I can’t forgive. I hate to give Bush credit for anything, but he would have had this thing in the bag already. He would have gone to his party leaders and said “look here fellas, it’s time to put up or shut up”. Anybody that didn’t support him would have found some well funded Republican competition at the next Primary. Ok, so maybe the Democrats don’t want to emulate Bush. I can respect that. But how about taking a look at another Texas President that was pretty successful at getting the tough things done, LBJ? Now that guy knew how to flex some muscle.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the Statesman in Obama, but sometimes you just gotta take the gloves off.

PS

Thanks for the kudos, I feel really good about the progress.

It is the democrats conceding too much power and control to the republicans. I don't give a rat's behind what Olympia Snowe wants or doesn't want. You're right - bush pushed through his $400 billion dollar part D prescription drug plan through congress with nary a blip on the media radar. The pharmaceutical industry was dancing in the streets. It was great for them.

The democrats need to just push this thing through with reconcilation if necessary. Just do it. Maybe Rahmbo can twist some arms.

But the republicans, in general, are always the problem, too, IMO. They already have "You Lie" tee shirts and Joe Wilson for president bumper stickers ready.

Do I hear Palin/Wilson 2012? Bring it:lol:

Do I hear Palin/Wilson 2012? Bring it:lol:

Or Wilson/Palin with Cheney for Sec'y of Defense, Eric Cantor as Sec'y of technology, Boehner as chairman of the coppertone committee, Bobby Jindal heading up FEMA, and last but not least Michelle Bachman as CIA director. Late night tv would be worth watching again. :thumbup:

And Glen Beck as Press Secretary.

I LOVE Glen Beck! I just finished reading his book "Common Sense". Excellent read.

Really?

Me too:thumbup: In fact, I think he is so great that rather than settle for Press Secretary, he should just run for President himself.

C’mon Patty, lets me and you start a “Draft Glen Beck 2012” campaign:drool:

patty's just trying to get people stirred up and discussing Glen Beck. He doesn't deserve one iota of anyone's time. Far be it from me to criticize someone's reading matter. I'd think it would go a long way toward converting patty to the Democratic causes.

The Dems who have been obstructing progress are doing it simply because it gives them some power. In the end, they will vote the right way, and for the reason ya'll said. They want to get reelected.

When Bush was in office, yeah all he had to do was tell 'em what he wanted and they fell in line. It was a Republican dominated Congress, folks. Besides, no one wanted to be on Cheney's "F U" list.

The "You're Wrong" folks are crawling out of the woodwork and having a rally this weekend. We need to get out the fire hoses :-) Seriously though, it will be great to see who shows up so they can be easily identified. Think they're being encouraged to bring their guns. Even better. Maybe some of them will shoot off their pistolas and it'll be a good excuse for the gendarmes to return fire.

They're selling tee shirts like hotcakes. We need to raise some of our own money with "Wrong Way Wilson" shirts.

Seriously you all, why is anybody taking these clowns seriously? Btw, anyone notice how rough Sara Palin looks without her $100,000 wardrobe and her makeup and hair artists?

Seriously you all, why is anybody taking these clowns seriously? Btw, anyone notice how rough Sara Palin looks without her $100,000 wardrobe and her makeup and hair artists?

You can put lipstick on an idiot, but at the end of the day she’s still an idiot.

After discussing how insurance companies cherry pick the healthiest individuals and drop the sickest, President Obama, in his speech, said "Insurance executives don't do this because they are bad people."

Then yesterday Sean Hattity said "Did you hear that Obama called the insurance executives bad people?"

These right wing nut cases have no shame. Lying is like breathing to them. And the kool-aid drinkers just lap it up.

Yeah kartman. It's like when you meet someone and you don't think they're very pretty and then you get to know them and they seem beautiful to you?

Well that's the way it is with Palin, in reverse.

Cleo's, well yeah, they get away with it and continue to do it because the media latches onto to it and makes a big deal out of it. I must say though, even though it makes sense to ignore them, it doesn't work

And it works so well because if you want to believe something bad about someone, and you hear a lie about them, even if it is entirely implausible you decide that it is true and you repeat it to everyone you know.

These clowns have been conditioned for years and years by Rush Limbaugh saying these things and getting away with it. Now they have it coming at them by different people, constantly. The liars and perpetuaters of the lies are in hog heaven. And the people who believe it all, without question, are incited into a frenzy of hate.

Like one of the people who was commenting on all the lies about proposed health care changes said, the interesting part is that the right has some serious health care issues that they could be spending their time on. Issues that are actually important to a lot of people. Instead, they are trying to topple the man and in the meantime, those issues are being ignored. What a rip off for honest Republicans.

Wait, isn't that an oxymoron?