Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fat and Rich or Skinny and Poor

Rich and Fat or Poor and Skinny  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Rich and Fat or Poor and Skinny

• Poor and Skinny
    • Rich and Fat

Yep, that changes things a bit.

I've got a great life and whilst I wouldnt call us "rich" we are certainly very comfortable. When I was fat, all the good times were marred by the fact that i felt miserable and self conscious.

I would rather have less money than I do and stay thin. It is true, having money is great, but it doesnt make you happy, most of the OTHER things in your life do that.

Not that i would want to have to stress over having to pay the mortgage and the school fees....

I dont know. Obesity is also a disease that affects lower socioeconomic groups far more than it does richer people, statistically speaking.

Skinny AND rich would be my choice.

Yeah, but look at Oprah! I hear that she has a nickel or two squirreled away, and she doesn't seem to be able to buy her way out of the "fat zone"!:thumbup:

HH

Heh... I was thinking the same *exact* thing. I was looking to see if anyone else posted her name.

Skinny and Poor.....

Anyways With Faith the Lord will Provide!!!! :smile2:

The lord isn't providing too well for those in many countries such as Africa. Sadly, the lord does not provide.

Jaffa.... thin and poor, without a doubt. Lots of wealthy fat folks out there that are not happy campers.

To quote Madonna (zounds have I lost my mind, who quotes Madonna) "We are living in a material world and I am a material girl". Fat and rich. Indubitably.

And Wasa, profound as always BUT...if you're rich, you don't have to camp, you can stay in a 5-star hotel! :thumbup:

Edited by RestlessMonkey

Heh... I was thinking the same *exact* thing. I was looking to see if anyone else posted her name.

The lord isn't providing too well for those in many countries such as Africa. Sadly, the lord does not provide.

Jaffa.... thin and poor, without a doubt. Lots of wealthy fat folks out there that are not happy campers.

I am a "with faith anything is possible" kinda gal.

The Lord Provides for "me" I worry about "me" only, cause if I dont worry about Me who will??? :blush:

I have UNCONDITIONAL Faith.....:thumbdown:

Skinny and Poor, and maybe the lord will provide me with a Multi millionare!! :o

I am a "with faith anything is possible" kinda gal.

The Lord Provides for "me" I worry about "me" only, cause if I dont worry about Me who will??? :blush:

I have UNCONDITIONAL Faith.....:thumbdown:

Skinny and Poor, and maybe the lord will provide me with a Multi millionare!! :o

I have a hunch you aren't in the kind of need that a starving child is Africa is. You have to admit, if he isn't providing for those seriously in need, and are dying for just a piece of bread, he doesn't really provide all that well?

Maybe you are just extra special, not sure. ;o)

I've been "fat and rich" and the overweight part still made me miserable ---- so I picked skinny and poor. Of course, with our economy we are no longer rich so hopefully I'll no longer be fat either. LOL

I have a hunch you aren't in the kind of need that a starving child is Africa is. You have to admit, if he isn't providing for those seriously in need, and are dying for just a piece of bread, he doesn't really provide all that well?

Maybe you are just extra special, not sure. ;o)

I just have ALOT of faith in the Lord and My Blessings have been GRAND enough like to have the faith I have.

Faith has worked for me as an INDIVIDUAL, I dont know if people in africa are Praying to The Lord or not....... I do....

Then again, Africa?

How did Africa come into the picture??

This was just a Hypothetical question wasnt it??

I know there are starving children in the world.....I am not DUMB!

Anyways that was just MY opinion....:rolleyes2:

To quote Madonna (zounds have I lost my mind, who quotes Madonna) "We are living in a material world and I am a material girl". Fat and rich. Indubitably.

And Wasa, profound as always BUT...if you're rich, you don't have to camp, you can stay in a 5-star hotel! :cursing:

lol.. I prefer to be rich and poe, but camping is out of the question. Don't do camping. So, I guess I would be rich, poor and stay at home! Nothing better than a great movie on Saturday night and some popcorn. Poor's not so bad! :thumbup:

And Wasa, profound as always BUT...if you're rich, you don't have to camp, you can stay in a 5-star hotel! :P

I can't say I have been rich but I have wanted for nothing. I have also been so poor my neighbors and I used to pool our food on Sundays to see if we had anything to eat. (Can't eat onion rings to this day, college days and long story.) I'd be poor and thin ANY 'ol day over rich and fat.

In college I was poor and thin, then I was well to do and fat. Today I am very comfortable and thin. BTDT... never fat again!

Camping sucks.

Wasa my friend...you DO know that this is a lighthearted little non-scientific poll and not a social commentary? :P

I have poor "cred" too. I'd rather not have to worry about money and weigh a healthy rate but that wasn't an option.

Besides isn't having a BMI of say 26 considered fat? No one said I had to be 100 pounds overweight to get the "fat" part taken care of. LOL At my height I can get down to 155 and STILL be overweight so from my perspective, rich and fat ain't so bad. You come over, my thin pal, and I'll feed you healthy food that isn't onion rings!

And neither of us will camp! :)

Wasa my friend...you DO know that this is a lighthearted little non-scientific poll and not a social commentary? :P

I have poor "cred" too. I'd rather not have to worry about money and weigh a healthy rate but that wasn't an option.

Besides isn't having a BMI of say 26 considered fat? No one said I had to be 100 pounds overweight to get the "fat" part taken care of. LOL At my height I can get down to 155 and STILL be overweight so from my perspective, rich and fat ain't so bad. You come over, my thin pal, and I'll feed you healthy food that isn't onion rings!

And neither of us will camp! :)

NOOOOOOO! Never onion rings again!

In my college days we pooled our food. We had onions, Bisquick, and beer. Ate onions rings for three days. LEFTOVER onion rings, mind you. NEVER AGAIN! They make me gag just looking at them.

I love food. Today I know how to eat verrry healthy and very cheap. I don't eat cheap because I have to, I just like those foods. Dirt = gooooood food! Yum! Beans, produce, yummy!

When I was in college I worked with Mentally Retarded adults. They wanted to go camping. Yeah, I do not think so. Not me, not camping. My parents lived near the campsite in a big house with an indoor grill. Guess where we made dinner? Then my staff slept in tents, I stayed with Mommy and Daddy! ;o)

Bugs, they camp too. I am not a bug, I do not camp.

We are 100% sympatico on the camping thing! :P

AND the bug thing.