Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept 2005 bandsters post here!!

well tomorrow is the day anyone going to be with Dr Sanchez? A co worker and i are doing the buddy thuing hope to see some one there besides us wish us luck

Ramona

Looks like your doing great. Thanks for telling me about this site.

I was also banded in Monterrey, My mom and I were their.

Ring any BELLS???

I have only had the shoulder pain, it's gone now. I have been losing weight, 16 pounds so far, which I'm sure is Water weight, but I'll take anything!

I am wondering, do you have to make a whole new ticker to update it? I haven't figure this forum out yet. I know yesterday I joined a challenge, can't seem to find it today. I just got one pound of my 25 pound goal off YIPPEE!! Karen

Hi,

Banded on 9/23 and doing great. Had the shoulder pain you talked about and then discovered chewable Gas-x. No problems since. Feeling great and have more energy. I'm having a hard time getting my liquids in though. My first fill is Oct 28th and looking forward to it. I get hungry and my stomach growls alot but the weight is coming off so far.

How is everyone doing? My 6 weeks wait for my first fill is the first week in Nov. and I can't wait! I am usually doing pretty well. Last night we had a party and I had too much stuff, not WAY to much, but didn't need it! Yesterday I had started to eat 1/2 of a blueberry muffin and it got stuck in my chest, felt like I was going to die! I finally took a couple drinks of hot coffee to soften it and get it down, at first it felt worse, then a few minutes later it got better.

The night before, I had made those muffins and stew for dinner. I had a small bowl of the stew, and a muffin. I actually felt like mourning because I wanted 5 or 6 muffins at the time. No way did I think one would be enough. But I ate the stew first and could only eat a couple bites of the muffin. After yesterday, it will be awhile before I try them again! I sent the rest home with my daughter!

Otherwise, I've lost 19 pounds, but it's been awhile since I've lost anything really. I'm anxious to get this going. Karen

I am a little over a month post-op now. I'm trying to wean myself from eating mostly mushies to eating regular food. I do eat some regular food like chicken (it's gotta' be soft though.) I've eaten all kinds of fish with cream cheese or cottage cheese added and that works well. Last night I had some smoked fish (which was soft but requires more chewing than mushies) but didn't mix it with anything...and it darn near killed me!!!!!! OMG I was in pain! Felt like a heart attack! I've had very small versions of this that went away quickly but this pain/spasms went on for about 15 minutes. I didn't pb, but sure as heck tried!!!! Boy did that scare me! Now I'm paranoid as heck about eating regular food....I know I have to eat it, but I'm a tad bit wary so I'll be selective. I sure as heck don't like being in pain like that!!!!! Anybody else running into this?

pam

Us September bandsters should have a holiday goal, since we will probably all be getting our first fills soon, it should make the holidays a lot easier to get through. I did terrible today, some days I can eat too much, doesn't hurt, other days, 2 bites of muffin kills me! I didn't think I had as much of a sweet tooth as a problem with fats and breads, but I have been craving sweet stuff. Today, for the first time since Sept. 19, I craved a Coke! I didn't have one, but I sure made up for it at Starbucks LOL! Karen

Us September bandsters should have a holiday goal, since we will probably all be getting our first fills soon,

That's a great idea! I will be getting my first fill on Thursday. Since I started on regular food it seems like I've been eating like crazy! I haven't had a loss on the scale in a while, but when I took my measurements I found out I had lost inches. I would REALLY rather see that scale start moving again though.

So, September bandsters... what do you think? Are you up for a challenge, say from now until the first of the year? That should give us plenty of time to have some meaningful weight loss, AND give us incentive not to overdo it during the holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years)

Guest Linda Sirman

I am new to the world of on line talk groups. Never done this before. I was looking for a way to learn more about what is happening, what will happen and what is to come with this surgery and I saw this forum. I had my lap band surgery on September 7, 2005. I didn't have shoulder pain but boy was my stomach bloated bad. The pain from the surgery wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Went back to work within a week. I have had absolutely no problems as far as being able to eat....so far. I stayed on liquids for 2 weeks then went to mushy food for 2 weeks then started adding solid foods a little at a time. I have not had a fill yet but have an appointment on 11/03/05. I have been off the mushy foods for a few weeks and for some reason I have been able to eat more than I think I should be eating. I lost 15 lbs but have not lost any in the last 2 weeks. One thing I am wondering at this time is how will I react to having a fill. Has anyone here had a fill yet. If so, can someone tell me what to expect after having a fill?