Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP!!! Someone please reassure me!!!

I am sorry to say Wasa but you are being a bitch about it. Wait no I am not sorry. Why did you convert to the sleeve after getting the band?? Was the band not keeping you at your goal weight? I know alot of people who will convert to either a sleeve or RNY because the band did not work for them. There has to be some reason. I guess if any of us has a different opinion then you we better watch out cause you will have something to say about that!!!! If it makes you feel better to have the last word please feel free to respond with some type of Jerky ass comment! I have better things to do then to sit on the computer all day!!!!!

I do not see where WasA talked about her band or her conversion to the sleeve anywhere in this thread. So, exactly what point are you trying to make here? Just curious.

Many people, such as myself, converted because our bodies were actually intolerant of the band. How could we know that before banded?

As I mentioned a few posts up, please try and make your points without personally attacking anyone.

Agnes,

I had my surgery May 15th and its gone as smooth as possible. I've only lost 16lbs, but since I've been eating healthier and excercising, my body has changed for the better. I come to this site often and also have a support group at the hospital where I got the surgery, its been great hearing all of the successes and motivating those who haven't done so well. I just hope that because of the rudeness of some you do not turn away from this site. There really is a wealth of information on here, so my advice would be to continually read the posts all throughout the site.

As for those who are putting Agnes down for doing her thing, who pissed in your Protein Shake? Simmer down with all that mess and help a Sister out! If you don't like it then don't respond!

CONGRATS ON YOUR SUCCESS! NAW! I wont leave bc of a few bad apples! The people on here are great! you, WASaBubbleButt, headhunter....What would I have done w/o you! I felt like the new kid in school getting beat up!...However I am a Rugby player..they are only lucky, they dont know me in person! :blushing:

16 lbs is awesome!! you realize we are in June and you got the surgery in May!?! Keep it up girl!

I am NOT letting anyone hold me down! Just more motivation to do good! and PS.....who pissed in yor Protein shake? I was effin LMAO!!!! :confused:

xoxo

Agnes

Hey Agnes- I see you are in Elkridge too. I was banded two weeks ago at Johns Hopkins. Let me know if you have any questions.

Good Luck!

Linda

Great! We should def get together!! I was at Hopkins in Baltimore for my heartattack! GREAT hospital!!

Good luck!!!

PM me and we will def be there for each other!

Where are u in Elkridge? I live in the townhouses right near Timbers of Troy golf course b4 Giant (off of 100)

WASA I did not respond to you point by point because you just are not worth the effort. However, for anyone who is interested the information I quoted is right of of the manufacturers web site for the Lapband AP product which is the most commonly used band in my area. As the manufacturer of the item in question this is their recommendation. Their site is:

Lapband.com - Why choose the LAP-BAND® System?

But this is an excerpt of their evaluation criteria.

Is the LAP-BAND® System Right for me? (BMI Calculator)

If you've been thinking about weight loss surgery as a tool in losing and your excess weight and maintaining your ongoing health goals, you can use the guideline below to determine if LAP-BAND® System is the right option for you.

To determine if your weight and physical attributes meet the criteria for the LAP-BAND® System, slide the controls below to your approximate weight and height. You may be able to benefit from the LAP-BAND® System if:

• You are at least 18 years old
  • You are at least 100 pounds overweight or your BMI is 40 or higher (or at least 35 if you have one or more comorbidities - weight-related health conditions - such as type 2 diabetes)

Keep in mind that only a qualified physician/surgeon can properly evaluate all the factors in your case. This result is a guideline for you, and can help you make the decision to seek more information about weight loss surgery using the LAP-BAND® System.

Headhunter, Wasa....you guys CRACK ME UP! Headhunter, I was seriously LMAO reading your post.! I told my "husband" (for whoever thought he didnt exist..) to read these posts tomorrow for pure enjoyment...

To the rest of you supporters and those who had my back...THANK YOU! you guys are the best and will be the reason I will contine to be on, esp after July 8th.. (ya know, cause I ONLY care about Vanity...) LOL

I will admit, I was kinda all over the place with my initial post... but only b/c i was excited! ASK ME next time instead of attacking me.. bc i WILL attack back!

And ooops... I called it a REFILL...doesnt mean i didnt do my research, I just called it the wrong thing....shoot me. I am not a expert with the "banding lingo" yet. OP,PB,IMO,....i dont effin know? LOL

As you all can see, I have done my research and am more than comfortable with my decision. and those that dont think so can suck it (in the words of Kathy Griffin)

My father is obese and knows 100% what I am going through and is supportive. So is my mother, sister and close friends & not to mention my wonderful husband. THAT is on the only suppot I need... the cretins...really not losing sleep over you..

Oh yeah and the PCP and cardiologists have my back too. Unless, Toptier wants to argue?

WE R ALL HERE FOR THE SAME END RESULT...to lose weight...whether its for health or vanity, who gives a sh**....being overweight is unhealthy, so who cares what our motivation is??

But seriously...all those that are trully supportive of myself and each other, THANK YOU!!!

Mmmmmmmmmwwwwaaaaaaaaa

Aggy!

PS...I am 28, not 30.. My husband created the profile for me when i was away this weekend and was thinking of his age when entering the info... I cant get it to change?

WASA I did not respond to you point by point because you just are not worth the effort.

You did not respond to me because I called you on your stuff. You posted medical advice, wrong information, insults, and a host of other not-nice things. YOU told a young, obese, woman with a history of a heart attack and high blood pressure that YOU do not think she needs to get a band. YOU told her that at a 23BMI she would be anorexic. Instead of owning up to it and admitting a human error you redirect and try to make your errors the fault of another.

Who do YOU think has the credibility here? I'll give you a hint, it's not you.

I read some folks posts and see "jealousy" written all over them. This young lady is taking control before she is a BMI of 50 or greater and some just can't deal with it. They realize they are a BMI that is much higher than they ever wanted.

People really do want others to feel like them. If they are sad and obese they want others to be as miserable as they are. If they are at goal they are thrilled and they want everyone else to experience the same.

Which group do you fall into?

*I* defend my own comments, maybe someday you will be able to do the same. (cough cough)

And now we have the real reason why you're so bent out of shape over my posts.

Yes, I researched the things I talked about. You can do the same. Simply google lapband reoperation rates. Simply go to the complications/removal sections of this forum, of obesity help, of thinner times, etc. I am not going to do your research for you. I am a registered nurse with a bachelors degree, tyvm. I don't just fall on every word an MD speaks.

As far as the part that was my opinion, I stated IMO right before I said "I would never self pay for a band."

Coincidentally, about an hour after I posted this, another poster in the support forum at 3 years out is talking about how she feels like she's dying. Of course, she will need another operation. Do you think I'm making that up to?

The OP understood exactly what I was saying and was not upset with me for being upfront.

Nurse Nelly, I hate to tell you, but being a registered nurse does not make you a medical expert!! It's obvious you don't know what you are talking about. And yes, I did my research, and no I am not the least bit upset about paying for my band. It's the best investment I ever made!

There are too many know it all judgmental people on these boards that drive away people like the original poster here who is new and would just like to learn as the rest of us did in the beginning. There are also people who give misinformation and state statistics that don't exist and scare new people. This is what upsets me.

You did not respond to me because I called you on your stuff. You posted medical advice, wrong information, insults, and a host of other not-nice things. YOU told a young, obese, woman with a history of a heart attack and high blood pressure that YOU do not think she needs to get a band. YOU told her that at a 23BMI she would be anorexic. Instead of owning up to it and admitting a human error you redirect and try to make your errors the fault of another.

Who do YOU think has the credibility here? I'll give you a hint, it's not you.

I read some folks posts and see "jealousy" written all over them. This young lady is taking control before she is a BMI of 50 or greater and some just can't deal with it. They realize they are a BMI that is much higher than they ever wanted.

People really do want others to feel like them. If they are sad and obese they want others to be as miserable as they are. If they are at goal they are thrilled and they want everyone else to experience the same.

Which group do you fall into?

*I* defend my own comments, maybe someday you will be able to do the same. (cough cough)

Damn, you said the point blank truth I wanted to say, but deleted! Good for you. I should be a bit more bold. I think your theory is right on and applaud you for putting it out here.

Frankly, I'm a little disturbed at the number of people that snapped at the poster for not being "fat enough".....

I don't get why a bunch of people who assemble on an internet site for weightloss surgery would pick apart somebody that needs to lose weight.

One poster even argued that the OP wasn't as overweight as she claimed! WTH?!?

We've all heard of women electing to get mastectomies simply because of genetic risk, even if they currently are cancer free. Is this really any different a pre-emptive move? Maybe I'm a bit simple-minded (ok, that's a given), but I wish I had learned about the band when I was only 50 lbs overweight. Because if I had, maybe I wouldn't have had 10 years of excess weight doing damage to my body. Maybe I could have cut that to 3 years of damage. Regardless, I cannot for the life of me see how mocking and jeering a low BMI'er for getting banded is helpful in any way.

Nurse Nelly, I hate to tell you, but being a registered nurse does not make you a medical expert!! It's obvious you don't know what you are talking about. And yes, I did my research, and no I am not the least bit upset about paying for my band. It's the best investment I ever made!

There are too many know it all judgmental people on these boards that drive away people like the original poster here who is new and would just like to learn as the rest of us did in the beginning. There are also people who give misinformation and state statistics that don't exist and scare new people. This is what upsets me.

Nelly, I never disputed that people have problems with the band. I am quite aware that problems exist and what the possibilities are. I know there are people who have problems from day 1. I know many people fail to lose weight due to unsolved psychological problems and others due to physical problems that make the band intolerable for them. I do not believe they are in the majority. You make it sound inevitable and I simply do not believe that is true.

I was 81 Kilos when i did my operation, was not obese but was fat because im only 158 CM! so i was fat and round!

I did this because for years i have been struggeling with weight gain and loss, i would loose then gain them in a second, i have no control over myself, i just LOVE food in any color or type, i just LOVE food!

So i did the operation, did it on June / 08 and now June /09 i lost so far 15 Kilos, im very happy, a slow weight loss in one year, but very happy that it is slow, i can now control what i eat and how i eat, im the last to leave the table and the least person to have something in their plate!

I love my band (When i am not tight enough LOL) and i think this was the best investment i did (i paid myself also)

Good luck with wahtever you decide.

This is getting like judge Judy...where is the evidence SIR!! LOL you guys are getting way to into this basic of basic threads. Agnes 8 pages ago just wanted advice on if she was making the right decision and she now knows she is. The subsequent dragging of ones laundry out in public as it feels is a waste of thread space. Hopefully the thread will be locked before someone really throws a teddy out of their pram...

This is getting like judge Judy...where is the evidence SIR!! LOL you guys are getting way to into this basic of basic threads. Agnes 8 pages ago just wanted advice on if she was making the right decision and she now knows she is. The subsequent dragging of ones laundry out in public as it feels is a waste of thread space. Hopefully the thread will be locked before someone really throws a teddy out of their pram...

Why? Why should the thread be closed? Because people do not agree? We have proven our case now we are waiting for those that want a 26y/o girl with a history of a heart attack, obesity, and high blood pressure to prove theirs.

Threads like this teach people about themselves. Maybe people do not realize that they are sad and miserable and want others to stay sad and miserable too. Threads like this are eye openers for anyone going through a weight loss journey. Surgery is the easy part, the head stuff that goes along with weight loss is the part that needs work.

Quite frankly I want someone to explain how a BMI of 21-23 suddenly became anorexic. Or if it is so easy to lose 50# why didn't the nay sayers do it when they were 50# overweight? Or how only the US is correct when ALLLLLL the other countries out there will operate on a 30BMI person. Or why a person such as the OP should have another heart attack, higher blood pressure, and more comorbidities before she is "entitled" to self pay for a lap band.

To be very honest I think this thread is great. I don't like all the misinformation, attacking the poor OP for wanting to prevent ANOTHER heart attack or the assorted wrong information and diagnosing, but the thread points out the head stuff we go through during weight loss about as clear as I have ever seen.

I think there must be some sort of reading comprehension problem on your end.

1) I never said "I'm the expert, listen to everything I say" (as she pulls out her pocketwatch slowly swinging it back and forth)

2) I never said the band will fail. In fact, if you look back at my posts and read carefully, you'll see where I specifically said, "I'm not saying bands are bad."

3) It's Melly with an M.

I have to disagree with HH about the self pay vs. insurance thing. I'm sure WLS has some effect on prices but I'm sure it's not nearly as great as every wahoo that shows up at the ER with no insurance for a headache, toothache, stubbed toe, nose bleed etc. I pay for my insurance. I'm a little tired of feeling sorry for everyone without a job, insurance, living on the system, etc. Of course, that's a whole other thread. Probably best intended for rants and raves:lol:

2 weeks from Today I leave for Mexico!!!